Whats the dress code at your workplace?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

What do you have to wear at work?

• Formal all week long

• Business Casual all week long

• Casual all week long

• Formal 4 days and causal Fridays

• Business Casual 4 days and causal Fridays

• I work from home, naked

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
business casual unless I need to meet with a client or be in court. Then it's suit and tie.

TwiceOver

Lifer
Dec 20, 2002
I dress business casual. There is no real "code". One of my co workers (engineer) regularly wears jeans and a slipknot shirt.

wheresmybacon

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2004
The network applications people and systems administrators don't really have a dress code. I worked the last half of the day in what I wore to the gym at lunch last week.

Alienwho

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001
There is no dress code here. The only guy who doesn't wear jeans and a tshirt everyday is the IT director.

Saga

Banned
Feb 18, 2005
We entertain board of directors meetings in shorts, sandals, and any t-shirt we find.

Our primary VC (with some 45 million invested in the business) dresses like he walked straight out of a kmart clearance isle.

We're pretty laid back.

zebano

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2005
The managers wear biz casual, the engineers wear shorts/sandals/whatever.

Rhezuss

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2006
When I got hired on my current job, the lady said: "As long as it's clean and smells good"

I was satisfied with that answer!

Glitchny

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2002
The first day I showed up I was business casual/formal. Then my boss came over introduced himself in shorts, sandals and a ripped t-shirt.

Now it's casual all day every day, one guy in the studio wears a suit 24/7 but that's it.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
The first day I showed up I was business casual/formal. Then my boss came over introduced himself in shorts, sandals and a ripped t-shirt.

Now it's casual all day every day, one guy in the studio wears a suit 24/7 but that's it.
we always have a good laugh at people showing up in suits only to get interviewed by a guy in ripped jeans and a ratty t-shirt :p

InflatableBuddha

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2007
All casual. Shorts, t-shirts, polos, jeans, hoodies, flip-flops - whatever is comfortable for the weather.

Naked Wednesday hasn't caught on yet, but I'm working on implementing it.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Any-ting you wan'.

Wearing T-shirt, jeans and Timberlands today. Wore dress-shirt, jeans and Chuck Taylors on Monday. Got rid of the slacks and dress shoes after 2 weeks after starting because even the senior staff were in t-shirts and jeans; lots of fieldwork, and pretty jaded staff.

Sep 12, 2004
Tighty whities, a wifebeater, and a pair of Crocs.

j/k. I always go commando.

Work from home so whatever I feel like wearing.

thegimp03

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2004
Business casual in the building I work in, but nobody cares if we wear jeans, dress shoes and a polo. I alternate depending on how I feel.

phoenix79

Golden Member
Jan 17, 2000
Anything at least the level of our director, which is pretty easy since he'll come in sometimes wearing shorts and a t-shirt sometimes.