What's going on in Israel?

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rza_757

May 16, 2022
It's not over the top. Racist pogroms are racist pogroms. The former victims of such are, yet again, lashing out and committing the very same violence they once suffered (and only 1% of them, alive today, mind you) and are desperate for the rest of the world to call it something else, when they do it against their own suppressed and imprisoned class of neighbors.

lol. Both sides. Isreali soldiers crawl into Gaza and kidnap young males and children for rape and torture, to "Get information" about nothing. Palestinians protest by lobbing rocks over the wall. Israel launches rockets against those "violent rocks." Hamas then launches rockets in retaliation for Israeli rockets. Then Israel sends in tanks and more rockets, blaming Palestinians for the actions of Israel that only ever, only ever, start all of this shit. All the fucking time. It's genocide. Stop fucking defending pure, unmistakable, genocide.

revenge is revenge. You have conservative asshole evangelical christians in one hand demanding no such retribution or reparations from the generations of black families that they systematically enslaved, raped, tortured, and lynched...all the while demanding that we absolve and embrace the complete, unmistakable, and completely comparable violence from suddenly the "pure people" that exist, only in these same christian's minds, to murder muslims, and themselves, such that their own christ will appear and absolve...only them.

this is literally the only reason that the US backs this fucking terrorist state that calls itself Israel. That is the only fucking reason. These fucking apocalyptic evangelical fucking shitgoblin terrorists funnel billions upon billions to prop up nothing more than their own personal endgame mythology of their own bronze-aged nonsense, and pretty much are paying for the world to kill itself.

The more anyone defends this fucking horsehit and tries to pretend it isn't anything other than what it very specifically and quite obviously is, is as culpable for the wanted armageddon as anyone else.

Thank you.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
It's not over the top. Racist pogroms are racist pogroms. The former victims of such are, yet again, lashing out and committing the very same violence they once suffered (and only 1% of them, alive today, mind you) and are desperate for the rest of the world to call it something else, when they do it against their own suppressed and imprisoned class of neighbors.

lol. Both sides. Isreali soldiers crawl into Gaza and kidnap young males and children for rape and torture, to "Get information" about nothing. Palestinians protest by lobbing rocks over the wall. Israel launches rockets against those "violent rocks." Hamas then launches rockets in retaliation for Israeli rockets. Then Israel sends in tanks and more rockets, blaming Palestinians for the actions of Israel that only ever, only ever, start all of this shit. All the fucking time. It's genocide. Stop fucking defending pure, unmistakable, genocide.

revenge is revenge. You have conservative asshole evangelical christians in one hand demanding no such retribution or reparations from the generations of black families that they systematically enslaved, raped, tortured, and lynched...all the while demanding that we absolve and embrace the complete, unmistakable, and completely comparable violence from suddenly the "pure people" that exist, only in these same christian's minds, to murder muslims, and themselves, such that their own christ will appear and absolve...only them.

this is literally the only reason that the US backs this fucking terrorist state that calls itself Israel. That is the only fucking reason. These fucking apocalyptic evangelical fucking shitgoblin terrorists funnel billions upon billions to prop up nothing more than their own personal endgame mythology of their own bronze-aged nonsense, and pretty much are paying for the world to kill itself.

The more anyone defends this fucking horsehit and tries to pretend it isn't anything other than what it very specifically and quite obviously is, is as culpable for the wanted armageddon as anyone else.

Show me where I defended Israel's actions. (I'll wait)

Having said that, when was the last time an Israeli wrapped themselves in plastic-explosives, jumped on a crowded bus and blew themselves up?

Neither side is innocent here.... there's been PLENTY of blood spilled on both sides of this war.... if you want to push the issue I'll break out the EXTENSIVE historical laundry-list of examples on BOTH sides.

EDIT: Also I think you're foaming at the mouth a little bit! Before suggesting anyone else "get a grip" you might want to take your own advice!

Last edited:
Reactions: pcgeek11 and Muse

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

Having said that, when was the last time an Israeli wrapped themselves in plastic-explosives, jumped on a crowded bus and blew themselves up?

Neither side is innocent here.... there's been PLENTY of blood spilled on both sides of this war.
When one has no power how do they make their voice heard? At some point there has to be a political solution and frankly there are actors on both sides that are more interested in prolonged conflict for their own reasons than solving it. But the leadership of Israel has been particularly hostile to taking steps that could even remotely lead to de escalation in the conflict.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
When one has no power how do they make their voice heard? At some point there has to be a political solution and frankly there are actors on both sides that are more interested in prolonged conflict for their own reasons than solving it. But the leadership of Israel has been particularly hostile to taking steps that could even remotely lead to de escalation in the conflict.

It was only fairly recently that hardliner POS Netanyahu was FINALLY ousted... hopefully this will lead to less conflict and oppression of the Palestinians.

As I posted earlier, if it does not America needs to seriously consider pulling all support for Israel.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
^^^ Makes ya wonder how the Vatican ended up in Rome instead of this 'holy' land.

Because Christianity was adopted by the Roman Empire.
And Muslims swiftly captured the Middle East / Africa a few hundred years after that.
Leaving only Rome and Constantinople as the last remaining holy (Capitol) cities.
600 years later, the Latin / Greek schism resulted in a crusade that ruined Constantinople, leaving it helpless before the rising Ottoman Turks.

So basically... started as THE Capitol, and ends as the last survivor to keep all the glory.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005

Neither side is innocent here.... there's been PLENTY of blood spilled on both sides of this war.... if you want to push the issue I'll break out the EXTENSIVE historical laundry-list of examples on BOTH sides.

EDIT: Also I think you're foaming at the mouth a little bit! Before suggesting anyone else "get a grip" you might want to take your own advice!
Why would they do that when they can press a button in a nice air conditioned room and achieve a greater level of carnage?

Please break out your meaningless bloody list of examples, and you'll very quickly notice (if your not blinded by propaganda) how the violence is disproportionately coming from one side

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2020

While the movie is ok, I think it mentioned some of their beliefs which seemed to me a bit disturbing. It was something like they were the chosen ones and it was their right to loot and plunder the other lesser human beings on Earth and God was on their side and so they were guaranteed victory provided they kept their religious practices in order (I don't remember exactly so don't take my word for it).

Here's an idea. What if the Palestinians are just keeping them too busy to turn their attention to conquering neighboring countries like Jordan? They certainly wouldn't mind expanding their territories, as their fundamentalists would probably provide written proofs from their religious scriptures showing how the entire Levant region is their holy land.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Why would they do that when they can press a button in a nice air conditioned room and achieve a greater level of carnage?

Please break out your meaningless bloody list of examples, and you'll very quickly notice (if your not blinded by propaganda) how the violence is disproportionately coming from one side

These days I completely agree however ignoring the past actions of the PLO is to ignore a huge piece of the historical picture. Munich is widely known but far from being the only example.

Bad as the far-right Israeli's behavior has been in recent years (especially snatching up land in Gaza) it's pure revisionist-history to dismiss the senseless violence by both sides which led to where they are now.

Bottom line I couldn't really care less which side has done worse to the other both have been terrible, I just want the killing to STOP.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muse

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
These days I completely agree however ignoring the past actions of the PLO is to ignore a huge piece of the historical picture. Munich is widely known but far from being the only example.

Bad as the far-right Israeli's behavior has been in recent years (especially snatching up land in Gaza) it's pure revisionist-history to dismiss the senseless violence by both sides which led to where they are now.

Bottom line I couldn't really care less which side has done worse to the other both have been terrible, I just want the killing to STOP.
I echo this and hope that a peaceful and ultimately successful Palestinian state will be established that can and will coexist with Israel and that they can get along. Is that simply naive? I have felt like this for a long time. Agreed that there is/are a lot of actors on _both_sides_ that do not want peace, do not want resolutions and it has been like that for a long time. But I continue to hope for real progress that isn't scuttled by whatever. Is it impossible? Some posting in this thread evidently think so.

Reactions: woolfe9998

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
It was only fairly recently that hardliner POS Netanyahu was FINALLY ousted... hopefully this will lead to less conflict and oppression of the Palestinians.

As I posted earlier, if it does not America needs to seriously consider pulling all support for Israel.

This post didn't age well unfortunately.

Reactions: hal2kilo

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I agree that the State of Israel should not exist. At least not at that place and under the conditions it was formed. The UN created it by decree and plopped it down in one of the most hostile places at the time.

Well of course not. The Jews never needed a homeland after 2000 years of slaughter in Europe. Then again, what the fuck do you know about it?

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I echo this and hope that a peaceful and ultimately successful Palestinian state will be established that can and will coexist with Israel and that they can get along. Is that simply naive? I have felt like this for a long time. Agreed that there is/are a lot of actors on _both_sides_ that do not want peace, do not want resolutions and it has been like that for a long time. But I continue to hope for real progress that isn't scuttled by whatever. Is it impossible? Some posting in this thread evidently think so.

Yes, the history of this goes back 100 years and it's quite complex. I appreciate you not feeling the need to strongly take sides the way so many others are.

Reactions: Muse
Mar 11, 2004
Yes, the history of this goes back 100 years and it's quite complex. I appreciate you not feeling the need to strongly take sides the way so many others are.

You mean like, yourself?

Well of course not. The Jews never needed a homeland after 2000 years of slaughter in Europe. Then again, what the fuck do you know about it?

I'd also ask, is it 100 years or 2000? Seriously, are there 2 people using your account or did you set out to basically shit all over yourself, immediately?

Last edited:

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Israelis are doing what Americans should have been doing when our courts were rigged. Instead now we have Citizens United, Dobbs, loss of voting rights, and other fascist nonsense.

Reactions: hal2kilo and KMFJD