What's going on in Israel?

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
^^^ I'll see your American journalist and raise you a US Navy ship.

I'll raise you an entire culture of people ghettoized under an apartheid state.

It turns out that if you commit slow-motion genocide, it's a lot easier to ignore. Especially if you're militarily friendly with the strongest Empire on the planet.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Leeea
Nov 17, 2019
Ahh, well then ...

Israeli nationalists chant racist slogans in Jerusalem march

abcnews.go.com.ico
ABC|22 minutes ago
Thousands of Israeli nationalists, some of them chanting "Death to Arabs," have begun parading through the heart of the main Palestinian thoroughfare in Jerusalem's Old City

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
This is bullshit Israeli propaganda. Just like they condemn any group against them as terrorists when they're the ones that helped create them (such as Hamas).

No there isn't.

Ok, so just stick your fingers in your ears, cover your eyes, play stupid all you want. You know you're supposed to also cover your mouth and STFU then, right?
Huh??? Where the fuck are you coming from? Get a fucking grip, man.

I understand there's a lot of animosity and flack around Israel, Gaza, the occupied territories, Palestinians, the middle east in general. But It's common knowledge that organizations such as Hamas say that Israel should not exist and that the whole area should belong to the Palestinians. I have seen/heard this again and again over the years.

You know, one of the main problems with Islam is the intolerance for others. If you are not of them, you are the enemy. In their terms, an infidel.

THE COVENANT OF THE HAMAS - MAIN POINTS =======================================
The Covenant of the Islamic Resistance Movement was issued on August 18, 1988. The Islamic Resistance Movement, also known as the HAMAS, is an extremist fundamentalist Islamic organization operating in the territories under Israeli control. Its Covenant is a comprehensive manifesto comprised of 36 separate articles, all of which promote the basic HAMAS goal of destroying the State of Israel through Jihad (Islamic Holy War). -snip-

Last edited:
Reactions: woolfe9998

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003

I understand there's a lot of animosity and flack around Israel, Gaza, the occupied territories, Palestinians, the middle east in general. But It's common knowledge that organizations such as Hamas say that Israel should not exist and that the whole area should belong to the Palestinians. I have seen/heard this again and again over the years.

The Covenant of the Islamic Resistance Movement was issued on August 18, 1988. The Islamic Resistance Movement, also known as the HAMAS, is an extremist fundamentalist Islamic organization operating in the territories under Israeli control. Its Covenant is a comprehensive manifesto comprised of 36 separate articles, all of which promote the basic HAMAS goal of destroying the State of Israel through Jihad (Islamic Holy War). -snip-

None of the above makes this type of behavior on the part of the Israeli's in any way okay.... you can't take the moral high-ground and still act like totally bigoted scumbags.

America needs to cut them off unless they stop this racist crap. :oops:

Nov 17, 2019
I agree that the State of Israel should not exist. At least not at that place and under the conditions it was formed. The UN created it by decree and plopped it down in one of the most hostile places at the time.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

You know, one of the main problems with Islam is the intolerance for others. If you are not of them, you are the enemy. In their terms, an infidel.

Well, it is their home. Not sure why Israeli occupiers should be tolerated by anyone. Why do you think they should?

Islam is far, far, far more tolerant of other religions than are the fundamentalist Jews that live in Israel and parts of the US, and certainly our own "Christian" evangelical scum in the US.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
fucking occupier scum. No different than Russians. I say let's deal with Israel after Ukraine wipes Putin and eastern Russia off the map.
Some comparison. Israeli occupiers. It's not like Russia invading Ukraine ya know. They are the largest country on earth. They invaded Ukraine, a sovereign nation after having guaranteed their sovereignty, part of the deal they made that had Ukraine surrender 1700 nuclear weapons. They are raping, torturing and murdering innocent civilians, utterly destroying civilian infrastructure as much as they can pretty much. The Jews were basically a people without a homeland, a tiny tiny populace compared to, say, the Islamic population, of which there are 1.8 billion. Jews? There's hardly any on the planet - 15.2 million. They were awarded a tiny piece of land by the UN so they'd have a homeland for once after being outsiders everywhere they went for thousands of years. They didn't invade, their tanks did not roll in. The Palestinians said "over my dead body," and there you have the situation. Plus this happened right after a rather large chunk of the Jewish population of the planet was systematically exterminated because, because they were Jewish.

TBH I am not deep in the facts of the situation. It's true that they kill Palestinians, however Palestinians are killing them too, they are perpetually under attack. You guys want the Jews pushed out of Israel. Alright, then there will again be no Jewish homeland. BTW, AFAIK you don't have to be Jewish to be an Israeli citizen. And they don't declare that no Palestinians or Muslims should exist in their territory or the occupied territories, however Hamas wants ALL JEWS GONE, "ISLAMIC JIHAD." It's a difficult situation for sure.

Last edited:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Islam is far, far, far more tolerant of other religions than are the fundamentalist Jews that live in Israel and parts of the US, and certainly our own "Christian" evangelical scum in the US.
Dude, you're nuts. Jews are on a different level than Muslims. They are NOT terrorists, whereas Islamic terrorism is a whole thing. Jews will avenge and they will (Israel does) take out threats systematically. But they are not eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth like Muslims. None of that. Fundamentalist Jews! Hah. Show me the ones with guns and bomb making materials. Never heard of that. Those people do live in their own worlds, similar to all manner of fundamentalist cults all over the world, but I am unaware of them having an aggressive intolerance. You come off as a serious bigot, man.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Dude, you're nuts. Jews are on a different level than Muslims. They are NOT terrorists, whereas Islamic terrorism is a whole thing. Jews will avenge and they will (Israel does) take out threats systematically. But they are not eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth like Muslims. None of that. Fundamentalist Jews! Hah. Show me the ones with guns and bomb making materials. Never heard of that. Those people do live in their own worlds, similar to all manner of fundamentalist cults all over the world, but I am unaware of them having an aggressive intolerance. You come off as a serious bigot, man.
I'm going to have to say that you should really take a second, re-read the first 90% of what you said, and then re-read your last sentence.

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020

Evictions are a nice way of saying kicking people out of their home at the point of a gun.

The Israeli government is in the wrong this time around. The use of force on civilians to cleanse them from the area is not terrorism, it is ethnic cleansing.

The state of Israel has embraced an evil policy, and it is time for supporters to stop making excuses.

Reactions: Captante

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I'm going to have to say that you should really take a second, re-read the first 90% of what you said, and then re-read your last sentence.
So, just what are you trying to say? I reread it before I posted it (I typically do that when posting) and reread it several times after posting. So, what are you about here? :rolleyes: Now, I was responding to zinfamous' post, so a reading of my post has to be made in that context.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
fucking occupier scum. No different than Russians. I say let's deal with Israel after Ukraine wipes Putin and eastern Russia off the map.

Wow....that's a bit over the top. :oops:

I agree that Israel is WAY out of line with this racist crap but the entire situation in the middle-east is borderline insane. Keep in mind that Israel has a bunch of powerful far-right a$$holes that up until recently were completely in charge.

And the debate about who is actually "entitled" to the "Holy Land" (more like UN-holy land considering the blood spilled over it!) has been going on far longer then America has existed.

Absurd superstition and state-sanctioned violent racism on BOTH SIDES are no way to make things better and the two in tandem have created this mess.

Reactions: Muse

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

the fuck is wrong with you?

I once thought you were literate. You seem to have...skipped about 90% of world history.

lol, you just called Muslims pretty much terrorist racists, absolving all of Israel of their very public apartheid, terrorist tactics...while trying to call me a bigot.

I'm not talking about Jews. I am talking about Israel and Islam. You just called out actual people while I was speaking about national, religious policy.

seriously. get a fucking grip.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Wow....that's a bit over the top. :oops:

I agree that Israel is WAY out of line with this racist crap but the entire situation in the middle-east is borderline insane. Keep in mind that Israel has a bunch of powerful far-right a$$holes that up until recently were completely in charge.

And the debate about who is actually "entitled" to the "Holy Land" (more like UN-holy land considering the blood spilled over it!) has been going on far longer then America has existed.

Absurd superstition and state-sanctioned violent racism on BOTH SIDES are no way to make things better and the two in tandem have created this mess.

It's not over the top. Racist pogroms are racist pogroms. The former victims of such are, yet again, lashing out and committing the very same violence they once suffered (and only 1% of them, alive today, mind you) and are desperate for the rest of the world to call it something else, when they do it against their own suppressed and imprisoned class of neighbors.

lol. Both sides. Isreali soldiers crawl into Gaza and kidnap young males and children for rape and torture, to "Get information" about nothing. Palestinians protest by lobbing rocks over the wall. Israel launches rockets against those "violent rocks." Hamas then launches rockets in retaliation for Israeli rockets. Then Israel sends in tanks and more rockets, blaming Palestinians for the actions of Israel that only ever, only ever, start all of this shit. All the fucking time. It's genocide. Stop fucking defending pure, unmistakable, genocide.

revenge is revenge. You have conservative asshole evangelical christians in one hand demanding no such retribution or reparations from the generations of black families that they systematically enslaved, raped, tortured, and lynched...all the while demanding that we absolve and embrace the complete, unmistakable, and completely comparable violence from suddenly the "pure people" that exist, only in these same christian's minds, to murder muslims, and themselves, such that their own christ will appear and absolve...only them.

this is literally the only reason that the US backs this fucking terrorist state that calls itself Israel. That is the only fucking reason. These fucking apocalyptic evangelical fucking shitgoblin terrorists funnel billions upon billions to prop up nothing more than their own personal endgame mythology of their own bronze-aged nonsense, and pretty much are paying for the world to kill itself.

The more anyone defends this fucking horsehit and tries to pretend it isn't anything other than what it very specifically and quite obviously is, is as culpable for the wanted armageddon as anyone else.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
So, just what are you trying to say? I reread it before I posted it (I typically do that when posting) and reread it several times after posting. So, what are you about here? :rolleyes: Now, I was responding to zinfamous' post, so a reading of my post has to be made in that context.
Dude some shit has happened since the 1970s. You might read up on it.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
the fuck is wrong with you?

I once thought you were literate. You seem to have...skipped about 90% of world history.

lol, you just called Muslims pretty much terrorist racists, absolving all of Israel of their very public apartheid, terrorist tactics...while trying to call me a bigot.

I'm not talking about Jews. I am talking about Israel and Islam. You just called out actual people while I was speaking about national, religious policy.

seriously. get a fucking grip.
I think some serious parsing is in order to attempt to sort that whole thing out. Your statements were about Jews, not Israel.
By and large "fundamentalist Jews" are an anomaly and aren't where they are particularly political and AFAIK ever violent, and I assume that goes for Israel as well as in America and elsewhere. That's my sense of them. If you think that the actions of Israel are due to the influence or participation of "fundamentalist Jews" I think you don't have a sense of the reality of the situation at all. I don't have a sense that the Jews in Israel are particularly religious, actually. Those that are are likely hardly influential.

Get a grip, man. You are off the handle a lot. Granted not all Muslims are terrorists however like I said, Islamic Terrorism is a thing, whereas Jewish terrorism is not. I grant, I hear and see a lot of things that Israelis are involved in that appear unnecessarily violent with regard to Palestinians. But look... Israel is a nation, relatively organized and has a military that is staffed by everybody... everybody in a sense that military service is required of all its citizens at some point. An organized military when dealing with chaotic insurrection of disorganized masses is apt to result in inordinate casualties among the insurrectionists compared to the organized military. That's the nature of things. Do Israelis go too far in that? Many many times it has seemed to me that they have. But my exposure has been largely American television news coverage, which is a window into it, but not "the whole story." I do despise Netanyahu and have for a long time and hoped to see much better leadership there.

Last edited:

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I think some serious parsing is in order to attempt to sort that whole thing out. Your statements were about Jews, not Israel.

By and large "fundamentalist Jews" are an anomaly and aren't where they are particularly political and AFAIK ever violent, and I assume that goes for Israel as well as in America and elsewhere. That's my sense of them. If you think that the actions of Israel are due to the influence or participation of "fundamentalist Jews" I think you don't have a sense of the reality of the situation at all. I don't have a sense that the Jews in Israel are particularly religious, actually. Those that are are likely hardly influential.

Get a grip, man. You are off the handle a lot. Granted not all Muslims are terrorists however like I said, Islamic Terrorism is a thing, whereas Jewish terrorism is not. I grant, I hear and see a lot of things that Israelis are involved in that appear unnecessarily violent with regard to Palestinians. But look... Israel is a nation, relatively organized and has a military that is staffed by everybody... everybody in a sense that military service is required of all its citizens at some point. An organized military when dealing with chaotic insurrection of disorganized masses is apt to result in inordinate casualties among the insurrectionists compared to the organized military. That's the nature of things. Do Israelis go too far in that? Many many times it has seemed to me that they have. But my exposure has been largely American television news coverage, which is a window into it, but not "the whole story." I do despise Netanyahu and have for a long time and hoped to see much better leadership there.

Eh? Plenty of terrorism from the Jewish extremists. Problem is the Israeli government does not come down hard on them.

When do you suppose Israel will withdraw from occupied territories? It's been more than half a century.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muse
Nov 17, 2019
One of my problems with them is that they literally think they are better than everyone else. That whole 'chosen one' thing is clearly evident. How many other groups have their own police and ambulance services in the US?

Then they take it to the extreme over there and force separate settlements and facilities.

Reactions: igor_kavinski