What would you have done in this situation? [To do with fighting]

acidvoodoo

Platinum Member
Jan 6, 2002
heres the situation. On some friday or saturday nights, if not doing anything else like house parties/work/movie, me and my friends and alot of other people who i only really know the names of, go down to the skatepark to drink some beers and generally just socialize, [as it in not a floodlit skatepark, people can't skate at that time].

The thing is, there is this f!cktard who hangs around there aswell, he is always just there, no one likes him, invites him, anything, he just shows up to cause trouble. His name is Daniel, but known as "afro twat" as everyone hates him so much. I'll go through the events of last night.

One of the first instances of trouble is me and 2 of my friends are just standing around talking, when 'afro twat' comes over and starts being a d!ck. We kind of give him funny looks tryin to hint "we don't like you". As usual, the guy starts off "playfully" pushing one of my friends, louis, around, cause he thinks it's funny, and also because louis is like 10 inches shorter.

To my suprise, Louis starts pushing the guy back [i think because he knew if afro guy did hit him then i'd take him down]. The pushing back starts making afro guy aggrevated because he didn't expect louis to stand up to him [cause he usually doesn't].
At this point a another person steps in between them, but louis even more to my suprise keeps tryin to push the guy back, whilst afro guy is trying to sound all tough goin "i'm gonna twat louis", whilst i begin takin my watch off thinkin somethin is gonna happen. The guy breakin the 2 up says "just leave it" so afro says "ok then i'll go punch sandy instead" and he walked off and i followed him. I watched him kind of punch the guy in the lip from a distance and then run off [rather then stickin around]. This sandy guy was pretty small and could have done fusk all about it [but as i didn't really know him i didn't have reason enough to do anything apart from call the afro a pussy for running away]. So that was the first event of the night that made me think it wasn't over.

Later on in the night i was walkin around and noticed another argument goin on between afro guy and some guys named peter and danny. danny was saying, along with alot of girls "no one here likes you, just go home, your going to get a sh!t kicked out of you" and his reply was, "i couldn't care any less, i've been taking this medication that was illegal and now i'm gonna get a tumor and die" to which everyone replied "f!cking great as long as you don't hang around here anymore". There was more talking, but as usual, as someone stood up to afroguy he didn't follow through his threats and he moved on.

After that i was hanging around in a half pipe watching this friend of mine sit on a skateboard and go down it. I'm just standing ther minding my own buisness watching the guy fall off the skateboard and hurt himself, when afro twat comes charging up and Exhales into my face, so i push him firmly back cause well, i don't appreciate this guy getting in my face that much. He pushes me back and says "you pushed me first i don't like that". I say "oh look i'm gonna stand over there" and i sidestep away, but he follows and goes "oh look i'm movin aswell it's like a game of chess". A girl comes over and starts talkin to me and afro guy uses this as an excuse to slip away and avoid confrontation.

Later after this i'm just standing talking to someone, and a person throws a bottle at afro guy, who is directly in front of me, he turns around and starts comin up to me and i say "it wasn't me", and he goes "ohhhhhhhhh yea well why did you say that so quickly" and i said "because you came walking towards me as if you thought it was me. At this point a plastic bottle filled with water smashes into his head and i say "See it wasn't me was it" and he goes "oh yea well you know who it was don't you [i did know]" and he said "if you don't tell me i'm going to pour this water all over your head" at which point i NEW i'd kick the sh!t out of the guy if he did that. My friend louis comes over and afro guy goes "it was you wasn't it" and he grabs louis hands and they start like bending each others wrists if you get what i mean [so as usual he's avoided confrontation with me to start on someone smaller] he began bending louis wrists so louis kicked him in the thigh to make him let go, and he walked off, and that was end of that event.

I told the guy from earlier, danny, that afro twat had started on louis, and he went running after him. He started getin in his face and pushing afro, but afro guy wouldn't do anythin back ,just talk "tough" and was like "punch me then". So it was as if afro guy wanted someone to punch him first, so that he wouldn't be responsible or something like that.

Later on in the night the afro guy starts punching the space right in front of my face and saying "i'm punching the air not you" and isaid "but i could interpret this as you trying to take a swing at me" and he kept doin in for awhile until a i pushed him away.

So that was the general events of the night. A few weeks ago he started on a friend of mine, steve, who is huge, and steve punched him in the face and bust afro guys lip, who IMMIEDIATLY rang the emergency number, 999 [this was not an emergency i'd say] and said "some guys just assaulted me, as if he couldn't see it coming. That event make me reluctant to punch the guy myself in case he did the same thing.

so what would you have done? the guy cannot get away with this EVERY week, he can't start on people by pushing them around, he can't breathe in my face and expect me to be cool with it. I could EASILY take this guy down in a second, i just don't know what the law says i can do. wait to get hit? that's risky, but aren't you allowed to defend yourself with force if you feel threatened? pre-emptive strike? I live in england so the law may be slightly different, but i think it's generally the same.

Cliff Notes

get down to the park, afro guy starts pushing my friend louis
afro then punches a guy in the face and busts his lip, but runs away
afro guy was in a confrontation with peter and danny and some girls, who informed him that no one liked him and he should just leave or he'll get hurt, his responce was he didn't care because he was going to die of a tumor or some bullsh!t
i was minding my own buisness and the guy exhaled into my face, i pushed him away and he pushed me back as if i had no reason to have pushed him, i really want to kill the guy at the time
people start throwing bottles at him, he thinks it was me, tells me if i don't say who it was then he'll pour water on my head, i said to myself that if he did then i'd punch him, but he did not and started on my friend louis again, who this time kicked him to make afro guy get off him
told danny from earlier that afro guy had started on louis, danny went and started pushing him, but afro would not do anything [because he was scared sh!tless i expect, we also learned that afro wanted to get hit first so that he would no be responsible or something
afro starts punching the air right in front of my face, saying "i'm punching the air not you" and i said "but i could think your trying to punch me for real"

so if i had of hit the guy, could i have of broken the law, or would it have counted as defending myself. I'm thinknig next time he does it to pushed him over, but not hit him, as that's more reasonable force, but that may make him get up and take a swing in which case i'd kill him

takeru

Golden Member
Jan 1, 2002
how about a harassment/restraining order?

better yet, have a can of pepper spray. if he's coming toward you, spray a cloud right in front of you. if he runs into it, its his fault. :) if he calls emergency line, just claim self defense, and have the other people back you up.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I don't know that you have a lot of options.

-You can't really use the law because they won't do anything.
-You can't use force because he'll call the cops.

Maybe you could get Steve to come with you guys. Bring a video camera and have it far away (where Afrodude can't see it). Get Steve to fight him, but make sure that Afrodude throws the first punch, which you will convieniently have recorded on your video camera.

I'm not condoning this officially, of course.

Kilgor

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Next time you see him call him over and say you want to talk, walk around until you find a nice quiet spot were no one can see you.Then both of then ask him to sit down next to you and have one of your Beers get him relaxed. Then after a few beers when he isn't paying attention then stick him behind the ear with a knife and leave him sitting up so he looks like he's just drunk. :evil:

PS. I'm just joking don't do this :D

acidvoodoo

Platinum Member
Jan 6, 2002
no we're 15-17 actually

iwhat would you do then. i just want to go and hang out having fun, but this guy insists on being a dick. if you could tell me what you'd do oh noble one it would be a great help

GtPrOjEcTX

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: acidvoodoo
no we're 15-17 actually

iwhat would you do then. i just want to go and hang out having fun, but this guy insists on being a dick. if you could tell me what you'd do oh noble one it would be a great help
well, I'd would NOT do this:
heres the situation. On some friday or saturday nights, if not doing anything else like house parties/work/movie, me and my friends and alot of other people who i only really know the names of, go down to the skatepark to drink some beers and generally just socialize
you're 15-17 and drink beer to socialize. dang kid.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
no we're 15-17 actually

Well, I have had the pleasure of working with several police officers whom I trust, so I would go so far as to simply ask them. But that's just my opinion.

acidvoodoo

Platinum Member
Jan 6, 2002
Originally posted by: GtPrOjEcTX
no we're 15-17 actually

heres the situation. On some friday or saturday nights, if not doing anything else like house parties/work/movie, me and my friends and alot of other people who i only really know the names of, go down to the skatepark to drink some beers and generally just socialize

well in england drinkin age is 18, so it's not unusual to find 16 year olds drinkin, just as in america it's 21 but not unusual to find 18 year olds drinking, correct?

GtPrOjEcTX

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
no we're 15-17 actually

well in england drinkin age is 18, so it's not unusual to find 16 year olds drinkin, just as in america it's 21 but not unusual to find 18 year olds drinking, correct?
doesn't make it right here or there.

acidvoodoo

Platinum Member
Jan 6, 2002
no we're 15-17 actually

doesn't make it right here or there.

ok....

xeno2060

Golden Member
Nov 8, 2001
"so if i had of hit the guy, could i have of broken the law, or would it have counted as defending myself. I'm thinknig next time he does it to pushed him over, but not hit him, as that's more reasonable force, but that may make him get up and take a swing in which case i'd kill him"

If the guys aggressively in your face then you have every right to take his sh1t out. The defence if the cops show (provided you don't mess him up bad) is the fight or flight defence. Your natural reaction to his agressive behavior was to knock the idiot out. I'd punch him right in the throat, end of fight:D

Rapidskies

Golden Member
May 27, 2003
This kid sounds pretty lonely and pretty mental, not a good combination. I guess if it were me, I would get all your friends together, and make a battle plan. If he hits one of you, all of you turn on him and let him know in no uncertain terms, if he hits anyone anymore, he is going to get the crap beat out of him. Yell scream whatever you have to do. Being as mental as this guy sounds, he will disregard this, and your only option would be to call the cops everytime he touches one of you. The cops will get sick of this and eventually do something about it (keep calling them). When the cops show up everyone there needs to let them know this guy is trouble and assaulting people.

I think you are doing the right thing in not beating the guy up as you will only get in trouble, he might get hurt, and it will do no good (he has been beat down already). Only downside with calling the cops is they might tell everyone to go home. But if it is the same guy that people are calling on, they will eventually catch on that an individual is the problem.

Richdog

Golden Member
Feb 10, 2003
LMAO, this "afro-guy" sounds like a complete wet. He only acts like such a d|ck because you've all let him get away with it for so long. Someone came up to me and my friends trying to push or punch us on a regular basis, they'd be recovering for a long time... Jesus, it's just ONE man as well, it's not like there's a group of them or anything. There's a group of YOU though, you far outnumber him. I take it since he dialled '999' you're in the UK too. Shameful. Smack him and have done with it, he's obviously asking for it.:beer:

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Simple violence isn't going to solve this. It's what he wants. You need to do something that humilates him completely. Something so awful, that he'll never come back.

crisp82

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2002
It makes me laugh how many people in the US here about 16 yr olds over here (UK) drinking :beer: and turn their nose up at it....

As for this 'Afro-Guy'..... strange situation, but if someone did this to me or my mates, I would shove them hard enough for them to fall flat or their ass and warn them off. No real need for violence, no need to kick the sh!t out of him, just warn him off...

The guy sounds like he needs a friend, and wants an ass kicking because he feels alone and this would back up his theory. Yo0u could always try talking to him, maybe there is some truth to his story about the tumour......

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: Amused
Simple violence isn't going to solve this. It's what he wants. You need to do something that humilates him completely. Something so awful, that he'll never come back.
Sometimes people just need an ass whipping. This is one of those times.

Richdog

Golden Member
Feb 10, 2003
so what would you have done? the guy cannot get away with this EVERY week, he can't start on people by pushing them around, he can't breathe in my face and expect me to be cool with it. I could EASILY take this guy down in a second, i just don't know what the law says i can do. wait to get hit? that's risky, but aren't you allowed to defend yourself with force if you feel threatened? pre-emptive strike? I live in england so the law may be slightly different, but i think it's generally the same.

so if i had of hit the guy, could i have of broken the law, or would it have counted as defending myself. I'm thinknig next time he does it to pushed him over, but not hit him, as that's more reasonable force, but that may make him get up and take a swing in which case i'd kill him
[/quote]

Hmm when I read this i'm thinking you're full of it, and he'd of lamped you anyway. If you were as hard as you say you are, you'd have smacked him ages ago without stopping to worry about stupid little things like that. Call yourself English?:beer:

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: oldsmoboat
Originally posted by: Amused
Sometimes people just need an ass whipping. This is one of those times.

I agree that sometimes that is what people need. But I disagree that this is one of those times. This guy WANTS to get his ass beat.

Ness

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2002
Have some people stand by the emergency phone that he was talking about earlier.

Have some people sucker punch him a few times, then throw him to the ground until he relizes you won't let him up.

If he manages to make his way to the phone, the guys waiting there can take care of him.

Most importantly, if he starts doing dumb stuff, tell him to go ahead and try it then see what happens.

Daniel

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
First off stop calling me afro twat, second, tell Steve he owes me money for the hospital bill.