What would you do with all your extra free time if\when you retire?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Yeah don't think I'd want to live in it indefinitely but would be cool for traveling and not needing a hotel and being somewhat organized in there so you're not constantly packing/unpacking your stuff. Having a built in private bathroom would be a bonus too. The problem is where do you park, most places probably won't let you park just anywhere.
Crown land....and there's a lot of it....mind you i found it way more accessible out west than in Ontario but as long as you don't stay for more than 21 days and pick up shit when you leave your allowed to stay on it.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/crown-land-use-policy-atlas

Last edited:

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I'd master bait.

Take up fishing and try to find the best bait to use in various waters.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Yeah don't think I'd want to live in it indefinitely but would be cool for traveling and not needing a hotel and being somewhat organized in there so you're not constantly packing/unpacking your stuff. Having a built in private bathroom would be a bonus too. The problem is where do you park, most places probably won't let you park just anywhere.
They are renting land. They even own a horse or two.

TXHokie

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 1999
Go live in southeast Asia and eat all their food....oh, and do lots of fishing.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Mine are more than I care. Must have something to do with crying moms/kids when I take the game system and 72" tv.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
We do plan on touring the US/Canada with my truck and trailer-to-be-named. The current 5th wheel is a bit heavy for my liking, for extended travel.
That's going to take several seasons, as we'd summer back home in the PNW. Neither of us do heat. The plan is to get somebody to stay here in an RV to look after our place, etc.

Reactions: highland145