What was/is your High school GPA and what college/major did you go to and have and what is your profession?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: aswedc
Originally posted by: LegendKiller
Then shut your trap about things you have no idea about.
:confused:
I said:
I think people who spend lots of money and effort on school prestige are idiots.
I have a pretty good idea what I think. Kthx again. I'm out of this thread.

yea and i said

Yea my stupid friend spent $200k going to Harvard, now he works at the largest hedge fund in Chicago and makes $200k+ 2 years out of college
Another idiot went to UPenn Wharton now he's working at a bulge bracket on wall st only pulled in $150k his first year

so my friends who spent $200k+ on Harvard and Wharton and are now making 10x your salary are idiots? yea pwnage kthxbye.

Eos

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
School - High School
Year - Gradumatated 1990
GPA - 2.875
SAT - 1100 - 550 on each
Major - Frank Burns?
Current Profession - ISP tech support

knightc2

Golden Member
Jul 2, 2001
School: Michigan State University
Major/Degree: BS Packaging
Real Major: Partying
GPA Overall: 3.2
GPA Major: 3.4 or 3.6 can't remember
Current Job: Technology Coordinator/Network Administrator

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
high school gpa: 93% (on a 100 scale... not sure what that translates to on a 4.0 scale; my high school just graded everything out of 100, and our end gpa was the average)

SAT: 1280 (something stupid like 540 math, 740 verbal... don't remember the exact numbers, but I remember that it was rediculously skewed)

college: Penn State
major: english / sociology, dual-major
college gpa: 3.7

profession: immediately after college, I got a job in marketing. that lasted about 6 months. just got frustrated with the corporate world. then took a job in IT working a noc, which is what I'm still doing.

I'm hoping to start grad school in the next year or two. I want to pick up an MS in library science, get a job at a college library so I can take courses for free, and pick up a degree in chemistry. I wouldn't actually do anything with a chem degree, but I'd like to prove that I can do it ;)

edit: for the curious... graduated high school in 1999 and college in 2003

mattpegher

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2006
HS - who remembers but I do recommend AP their worth money.
Undergraduate - U Pitt
GPA - I think like 3.4
SAT 1200
Medical school- Nova Southeastern, FL
Current job - ED doc

Life is a whole different experience, all that is simply a weeding out process, in the end life will tell you if you know your sh*t

Otaking

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2000
School: UT-Austin
Degrees: BA - Linguistics, BA - Asian Cultures and Languages, Japanese
GPA: 2.71
SAT: 1450
Math IIC: 800
Writing: 720
Job: Project / Training Manager