• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

What video game did you play most as a child?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I remember I bought Marathon from Egghead Software back in the day. I was such a noob to computers as a whole and my mom got a Mac from her school because the school she worked for was all Macs and she got a crazy discount.

I went to install it and I somehow accidentally wiped one of the floppy disks and I couldn't install it. If I recall the game was 4 disks and when I put in the second disk during installation, I don't know what I did but I somehow wiped it. I remember whenever I inserted it after, the computer did what it does when you put a blank disk in.

Thankfully they took it back and I didn't tell them I did that, but I told them I couldn't install it and I didn't know why. I got a replacement one and didn't mess that up again lol.

I remember the packaging for it was pretty cool too.

Hitmanus

Apr 6, 2021
The same depends on age
I played Contra NES when I was 6 years old. Later when I was 11 am I played HoMM III.
13-15 most played in Morrowind
Later in the Total War series
Currently, I play the most in Escape from Tarkov. Now I have more free time, so I play more. Also EFT seems to be the game I have played for the most hours in my life
Oh dear, the title asks about childhood games ...
As I mentioned, it was probably Heroes of Might & Magic III

ASK THE COMMUNITY