what the heck does "ight" stand for in teenage lanquage?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
Originally posted by: pyonir
Originally posted by: gopunk
Originally posted by: Pepsei
Originally posted by: tweakmm
Originally posted by: Colt45
Useage: Middle to upper class white kids that think they are from the ghetto.
straight up homes

:D

wth would kids wanna act ghetto? that's just stupid... don't they know they're from middle to upper class white family?

acting ghetto is something that is not limited to kids... back in the day, it wasn't uncommon for rich white people to go to jazz clubs, so they could feel like they were "slumming it".

it is becoming common (so i heard on the morning radio show i listen to) that middle/high class yuppies are attending Ozzfest because of the Osbournes on MTV.

that's not really acting ghetto though.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: pyonir
Originally posted by: Pepsei
Originally posted by: tweakmm
Originally posted by: Colt45
Useage: Middle to upper class white kids that think they are from the ghetto.
straight up homes

:D

wth would kids wanna act ghetto? that's just stupid... don't they know they're from middle to upper class white family?

acting ghetto is something that is not limited to kids... back in the day, it wasn't uncommon for rich white people to go to jazz clubs, so they could feel like they were "slumming it".

it is becoming common (so i heard on the morning radio show i listen to) that middle/high class yuppies are attending Ozzfest because of the Osbournes on MTV.

that's not really acting ghetto though.

no, but it shows that to this day adults are still 'slumming it'.

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
no...but i get attached too easily, says my ex-gf. She introduced me to Our Lady Peace and got mad when i listened to them more than she did.

-=bmacd=-

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Haha! You have your stepdaughters screen name! :p I'd hate it if my parents had my screen name. :D Do you chat with her too sometimes? :eek:

Yossarian451

Apr 11, 2002
I always thought it was a hick texas thing that just caught on into the rest of the country. We have all kinds of words like that, we can even have conversations withough even making a real word, it is great.

GhettoFob

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2001
Originally posted by: amnesiac 2.0
I see "aight" and "coo" used mostly by stupid FOB ghetto wannabes or teenage girls.

"A'ight" is used in a few rap songs, but that's about the extent of it. Not really in common ebonic vernacular.

aight coo :D

TCPpacket

Feb 8, 2001
haha, this entire thread just reminds me of that greg the bunny episode where the count attempts to say aight. :D
ah-ig-it blah.

thawolfman

Lifer
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: TCPpacket
haha, this entire thread just reminds me of that greg the bunny episode where the count attempts to say aight. :D
ah-ig-it blah.

bahahah i saw that one AH ig IT :D

PoonDaddy007

Dec 17, 2000
I always use "aite" short for alright. I thought it was just a southern thing like "ya'll" or stuff.

Well aite i'm out, late

cavemanmoron

Lifer
Mar 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Gr1mL0cK
Haha! You have your stepdaughters screen name! :p I'd hate it if my parents had my screen name. :D Do you chat with her too sometimes? :eek:

Yes a little,but like,"how was your day,are you tired,etc.."

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: GhettoFob
Originally posted by: amnesiac 2.0
I see "aight" and "coo" used mostly by stupid FOB ghetto wannabes or teenage girls.

"A'ight" is used in a few rap songs, but that's about the extent of it. Not really in common ebonic vernacular.

aight coo :D

rofl :p

CrazyDe1

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
tighty dubs..

twank dub deuce
dub dub deuce
dub dub twanks
twanky dubs
twanky twanks

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
I used to mock those who used abbreviations on AIM, then I moved and have been without web access at home and have been using my cell phone for AIM, trust me,when you're trying to type an IM on a cell phone those abbreviations don't seem so bad, lol :D

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Astaroth33
Originally posted by: her209
ight = i got/gave head tonight

Haha! I like that one... (but it doesn't make sense to put it in an away message)

Okay, just for you we'll modify it to say:

I'm currently busy at the moment... I'm giving/getting head thoroughly (ight).