What should I do about my roomate? (Update Part II)

Feb 14, 2002
#1 His girlfriend moved in with us and I still pay half the rent!

#2 They just left to go look at ferret's.

Now I am allergic to ferret's and I told them in a stern voice they better not come back with a ferret.

They ignored me and left.

What can I do?

They don't know what I'm capable of, I don't want it to get violent...

UPDATE

They came back with ONE@!!!

I started scremaing about crap and stood in the hall way to keep them from going into their room.

They just slammed their door on me, I lost my temper and I started Kicking the door. They said to stop or they'd call the cops.

Not that the cops would do jack I just don't feel like dealing with it I got a test tomorrow.

NOW WHAT?

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
if they bring home a ferret, throw it in the bath with them next time they take one. ferrets LOVE that. or shower for that matter. otherwise is his name on the lease? if not, change the locks.

Murphyrulez

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2001
See what happens when you smoke dope when you sign your contract??? Let this be a lesson to you potheads.

:)

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
ferrets are cool, but I wouldnt want one in my dorm either, especially if I was allergic to them. You want my advice? Hit them both in the head with a 2x4, the second time so it hurts more.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
tell the landlord that your roommate has his gf living there. that is illegal in most cases. you can't have a guest stay that isn't paying rent for more than a certain amount of time without notifying the owner/manager/landlord. you might all get evicted but wouldn't that be better?

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001

<< We signed a joint contract. >>

If you feel comfortable posting it, what were the terms?

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Acquire gluteous maximus target. Swiftly apply steady pressure with foot or paddle of similar fasion and quickly remove.

Repeat.

Repeat.

Repeat.
Repeat.
Repeat. Repeat.
Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.
Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

:D

Nik

Feb 14, 2002
I don't have a copy of the contract handy, but I specifically remember the girl telling us about not having more than two people live with us. It would be cool if they got kicked, but A) I can't foot the whole bill. B) If I get kicked also I'm screwed. So if I report it might be a lose lose situation.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001

<< I don't have a copy of the contract handy, but I specifically remember the girl telling us about not having more than two people live with us. It would be cool if they got kicked, but A) I can't foot the whole bill. B) If I get kicked also I'm screwed. So if I report it might be a lose lose situation. >>

Start looking for a roommate... when you have a new one lined up, report the old one.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
if they get kicked, he has to continue paying the rent until a sub-leaser is found. at least that is what i remember when i had an APT. and i doubt you would get kicked, but if you did, isn't there someone else that you can move with that won't do this to you?

BlackOmen

Aug 23, 2001
For my apt (and everyone else i know for that matter), if 1 tennant breaks the rules, both don't get evicted. Also, it is most likely against your lease to have her live there on a permanent basis. Tell them that you're going to go thirds on the rent, or let your super know what's going on. Also, my lease and all of my friends leases DO NOT allow pets (minus fish). You can also nail him on that one.

You probably won't get kicked, unless they found out she was there and you didn't tell the super. And I'm sure you can find another roomie.

wyvrn

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Well if it comes down to it.. move out. My roomy moved out on me in college, and guess what, I had to pay the entire rent check on my part time job :) I filed against him in small claims ct., but they couldn't find him to serve him. So that was another $50 down the drain! And basically, apartment managers don't care who pays the rent, they will not help prosecute deserters. So if you move out and make yourself scarce, he has to pay the whole shabang :D Also make sure to cancel all services in your name. My dumb roommate hooked up the electricity in his name, so when he never came back, I changed the locks on the doors, put the thermostat on 65 :D, and moved back home for the summer :D:D

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
Dood, definately go to the library to study for now. Then find a new place to live. I hate people who are inconciderate like that.

spaceman

Lifer
Dec 4, 2000
get a grip bro.
kicking doors and screaming isnt going to accomplish anything.

see if you can have a talk with them, cooler heads will prevail.

gl

pillage2001

Lifer
Sep 18, 2000
Is it an apartment?? Most managements do not allow pets in the apts. :)

Check on that term and report them. :)

Feb 14, 2002
Yeah Yeah, I know I lost it, this is just the proverbial straw that broke the camels back. I 've had it.

I tried to talk to them, they either shut the door on me or walked past me.

They are not gonna step on me.

This isn't gonna be pretty

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001

<< Yeah Yeah, I know I lost it, this is just the proverbial straw that broke the camels back. I 've had it.

I tried to talk to them, they either shut the door on me or walked past me.

They are not gonna step on me.

This isn't gonna be pretty
>>

Watch your tongue, watch your hand, and watch theirs. If it does get ugly, literally anything can be dragged up and used as evidence.

Be careful, be civil, but be firm.