What should I do? - A bunch of people just killed my website...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nateholtrop

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2000
Which one are we gonna do it too they are kinda like us here lots of forums....need a target cheif!

Pastore

Diamond Member
Feb 9, 2000
My target would be the server that that nice little forum is running on... im guessing we could cripple it in about 10 minutes...

Warpo

Sep 21, 2000
Notice the IP: Logged on each of their posts :)?
Honestly, take the time to email all the user's ISP's who posted offensive comments, and give the ISP links to where the messages can be found.

dude

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 1999
blstriker,

I recommend you put up about a thousand banners right away, just like Sharkyextreme does. And start getting paid for someone elses work!

AlphaIVT

Banned
Jul 26, 2000
How about I sign up on their (thedvdforums.com) and mess them up? haha, seriously, we should all do this! :)

Cable God

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2000

<< ... im guessing we could cripple it in about 10 minutes... >>

Make that 10 seconds....

goog40

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2000
British cussing was kinda funny. They *'d out some stuff that I have no idea what word it is, those twats:confused:

Slugbait

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
You're all missing an obvious opportunity.

It naturally amazes me that so many of their members are worse than some I've seen here and AGN, but stooping to their level puts us level with them.

Help out dvdforums instead. Write articles, reviews, design some graphics for the site, somebody flash a page, everybody contribute to the forum topics, whatever. Become a link-whore, register dvdforum with all of the obscure metasearch engines, include the link in a sig.

Make the site so damn well-known and popular that people who accidentally hit their forum ask themselves, &quot;how the hell did I get here?&quot;

Beating them would be so much more gratifying than beating on them.

blstriker

Golden Member
Oct 22, 1999
A clarification: It was my fault that the word censor was not working correctly. I entered all the bad words that I knew into the forums and told it to censor those words. However, I separated the words with commas instead of spaces so the program didn't filter them out as was amply demonstrated.

I just wanted to let you know that I'm not toleratent of that kind of language at my site.

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000
I'd agree with Slugbait, making dvdforums.com better then that brit place would be the ultimate payback, but since I own no DVDs or DVD drives or equipment my only choice is to screw around with thedvdforums.com for now ;)

urbantechie

Banned
Jun 28, 2000
Lets rip off their *Reproductive* organs, stick it down their throats so they can bloody all choke and the bloody damn thing. Stupid Dumbarses.

BiggieN

Banned
Apr 3, 2000
me and ibhacknu have a secret weapon. find us the email address of someone that did the most &quot;damage&quot; to dvdforums and we'll unleash it. i'm sure he'll agree with me. US AT'ers gotta stick together. no one harms one of us. <mob voice> We are family. </mobvoice>

snow patrol

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2000
Come on guys...it's not as if Americans (or any other nation) aren't capable of such childish stupidity.

There's no need to associate all UK residents with these fools...you're pretty much lowering yourselves to their levels. I agree these guys are fecking retards but please, stop the Brit Bashing! ;)

BTW - TWAT = FANNY (pussy)