What is with pizza places refusing to put a good amount of sauce.

platinumike

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2004
I always ask for "double the sauce" or "Extra sauce" sometimes i even tell them I dont care if you charge it as an extra topping. I've made this request with like every major and local pizza chain, dominos. Yes Dominos! is the only one that does it. I used to work at a pizza place and would always make my pizzas just the way i want um, less cheese then usual and 2x the sauce.Yum.

imported_Tick

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2005
I personally like really light sauce. Also, the problem is that sauce is expensive, and it's an easy way to increase profits.

Coquito

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2003
Originally posted by: brtspears2
Whenever I get extra sauce, my pizza ends up with the cheese and toppings sliding off.

Get some old school real italian grandma pizza with the sauce on top. :)

Reactions: shortylickens

QurazyQuisp

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2003
Originally posted by: platinumike
I always ask for "double the sauce" or "Extra sauce" sometimes i even tell them I dont care if you charge it as an extra topping. I've made this request with like every major and local pizza chain, dominos. Yes Dominos! is the only one that does it. I used to work at a pizza place and would always make my pizzas just the way i want um, less cheese then usual and 2x the sauce.Yum.

This is why I never order from chains... We have about 4-5 pizza places within delivery distance of my house that are not apart of any chain... I find their pizza to be about 100% better, more sause, bigger pizzas...

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000
I like a lot of sauce, a lot of cheese, a lot of meat, and either a thin (but not hard) crust or a large "pan" crust. Thank God I live in Chicago. :D

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Originally posted by: sandorski
So, you like a ta sauce eh?... ;) ...I'll get you more sauce

Exactly. If you ask for anything extra at those places they'll spit or fap in your food.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: SithSolo1
Originally posted by: Eli
Yuck, I always ask for light or no sauce.

same here, but pizza hut also seems to ignore my light sauce request and dumps more than a normal amount of sauce on it.

BillyBatson

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
i have this SAME prob! they never put enough sauce and the little sauce they do use is soaked up by the dough!!!!! I ALWYS end up having to ask for extra sauce and when i order the garlic bread i always end up using the marinara dipping sauce it comes with to either dip my pizza in or pour onto!!!! And you are right Dominos is the only one that gets the "extra sauce" right all the others i can't tell, but even them if you don't ask for the extra sauce it comes with too little

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
I agree with the OP on this one. I've run into this too, and hate it when you bite into a pizza only to get a mouthful of dough and cheese.

Reactions: MovingTarget

RU482

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
I agree that sauceless pizza sucks...But I'm really afraid to ask for more "sauce"