What is the largest pet you think people should be allowed to have?

imported_Tick

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2005
Post why you think so as well.

Edit: Poll is in pounds.

Edit 2: I know pitbulls aren't the largest bread of dogs. Also, I'm going to go out on a limb and say most people don't have poisenous snakes or cape buffalo or gorillas as pets.

imported_Tick

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2005
Originally posted by: novasatori
It has nothing to do with the size of the pet.

Oh? So the size of a pet has nothing to do with it's ability to harm? Gerbils are just as deadly as wolves?

Feb 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Tick

Oh? So the size of a pet has nothing to do with it's ability to harm? Gerbils are just as deadly as wolves?

A cobra is much more deadly than a sheep, and a pit bull tends to be much more deadly than, say, a Newfoundland. Even among "exotic" pets, a chimp is much deadlier than a buffalo.

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002

wow. Looks like its time to start raising scorpions and rattlesnakes in my backyard.

imported_Tick

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2005
Originally posted by: bignateyk

wow. Looks like its time to start raising scorpions and rattlesnakes in my backyard.

You have fun with that.

imported_Tick

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2005
Originally posted by: mobobuff
Pitbulls are by no means the heaviest or largest breed of dog.

I didn't say they were.

Aggressiveness != Size

Yeah, but a 12 pound lap dog probably can't kill anyone no matter how agressive it is.

Touche, salesman...

salesman? :confused:

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
From a pure size standpoint and taking any breed/aggressiveness out of the equation, I don't think you should own an animal you are not physically capable of controlling. Example: A 100 pound girl trying to control a 100+ pound Akita. That just isn't going to work out well.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001

And blue whales are not as deadly as schnauzers. A animals ability to harm has little correlation to it's size. There are gentle giants and violent miniatures.