What is the best metal band?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JohnAn2112

Diamond Member
May 8, 2003
Originally posted by: ThaPerculator
I vote for Fear Factory...

or, wait...

GWAR (live show only) :D :evil:

LOL I saw Gwar like 10 years ago. That was awesome.

JacobJ

Banned
Mar 20, 2003
Fear Factory

Fear Factory

Fear Factory

Fear Factory

Fear Factory

Fear Factory

Fear Factory

Fear Factory

Fear Factory

Fear Factory

Pacfanweb

Lifer
Jan 2, 2000
Originally posted by: edro13
How can you possibly put Tool on the list without Korn? Korn is much more successful and longer running than Tool, Megadeth or Iron Maiden.
I want some of what he's smoking.

Korn has NOT been around longer than any of those bands you just mentioned.

Originally posted by: Pacfanweb
Originally posted by: edro13
How can you possibly put Tool on the list without Korn? Korn is much more successful and longer running than Tool, Megadeth or Iron Maiden.
I want some of what he's smoking.

Korn has NOT been around longer than any of those bands you just mentioned.
Agreed.

Edro, leave the thread, you have no idea what you're talking about, and you have bad taste in music.
I think I hear your mother calling, it's dinner time.

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: JacobJ
Fear Factory

Fear Factory

Fear Factory

Fear Factory

Fear Factory

Fear Factory

Fear Factory

Fear Factory

Fear Factory

Fear Factory

Drum samples

Drum samples

Drum samples

Drum samples

Drum samples

Drum samples

Drum samples

Drum samples

Drum samples

Drum samples

Drum samples

Drum samples

Drum samples

kazeakuma

Golden Member
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: ncircle
Slayer.
end of discussion.

I'll go with this, because they started so much of modern metal. And they rock. I can't believe the list that's there though, what about Sepultura? Kicked Pantera's ass anyday. And yeah I like some FF, but come on, Drrrruuuuuuuummmmmm MACHINE!

Anyone here heard of Acid Bath?

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
FF may not be true metal, but believe, a lot of what you hear is the actual drummer. he uses triggers to enhance his sound, but he has some raw talent. His double bass speed is phenominal.

I have an Acid Bath song - Scream of the Butterfly I think? It's pretty damn depressing, but makes me want to hear more of their stuff.

kazeakuma

Golden Member
Feb 13, 2001
Don't get me wrong I do like FF, though they occasionally get too poppy for me. There was a time though, can't remember which album where FF was pure drum machine.

Scream of the Butterfly is depressing as hell, as are most of their songs I guess. Look for 'When The Kite String Pops' it's the name of one of their albums. They might have depressing music but Acid Bath are legendary. Alot of metal bands pay them tribute for inspiration, it's kinda sad though that the backup vocalist killed himself (the screamer in scream of the butterfly). Course anyone would be lucky as hell to even find original copies of their music, but there's other ways.

Damn... I just checked Amazon and they have all of Acid Bath's albums. Wicked, can't get them where I live, ever. Yay I can finally replace my 'borrowed' (read stolen) copy of Pagan Terrorism Tactics :D

JohnAn2112

Diamond Member
May 8, 2003
Originally posted by: kazeakuma
Slayer.
end of discussion.

I'll go with this, because they started so much of modern metal. And they rock. I can't believe the list that's there though, what about Sepultura? Kicked Pantera's ass anyday. And yeah I like some FF, but come on, Drrrruuuuuuuummmmmm MACHINE!

First time I saw Pantera, Sepultura opened for them. That was the best metal concert I've ever been to.

Cerb

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: SuperSix
Metallica, Megadeth..

What about old Queensryche? Serious old skool metal. :)
I can't believe I didn't think of them. Pre-'96 Queensryche kicked ass.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: villageidiot111
Metal sucks nowadays.

That's why they've invented these things over the years that store music recordings so you can go back and listen to them.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Originally posted by: ZePHyRaNTHeS
Originally posted by: kazeakuma
Slayer.
end of discussion.

First time I saw Pantera, Sepultura opened for them. That was the best metal concert I've ever been to.

WAR FOR TERRITORY!!!!!

Last Pantera concert I went to (Revinventing the Steel tour) Morbid Angel and Soulfly opened for them. Max Cavalera IS Sepultura and Soulfly. Both bands rock. Soulfly had a drum solo where they brought out about 25 people with kongo drums. INSANE!

BRING THE DRUMS!!!

SleepWalkerX

Platinum Member
Jun 29, 2004
tool > all. talk about inspirational lyrics and instrumentals. can't wait for their next album. it should've came out about now, but i don't mind, i want them to take their time. :)

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
TOOL > *

Metallica @ 40% = :confused:

Edit: Queensryche should be on the list. Operation Mindcrime is one of the best albums ever.