Kevin Richards

Mar 27, 2017
Hi,

I am reading about PGP (Pretty Good Privacy) and I want pretty good privacy but I don't know much about PGP as it is seems complex to me and how can I get one? how does it works?

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
It can be used to encrypt documents and folders also. It's useful to have aside from email.

Email is a lost cause for privacy. Getting non-techies on board with encryption a la pgp is only slightly easier than explaining quantum physics to your cat, and still has a meta data issue.

Reactions: PliotronX

PliotronX

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 1999
It can be used to encrypt documents and folders also. It's useful to have aside from email.

Email is a lost cause for privacy. Getting non-techies on board with encryption a la pgp is only slightly easier than explaining quantum physics to your cat, and still has a meta data issue.
The way I've approached it is by first introducing users to S/MIME digital signatures and it also gives a chance to save public keys into contacts they wish to encrypt with in the future, then the second phase is hitting that encrypt button :) I don't like the cloud storage type services that require creating an account to view messages but they have benefits.