What is Mueller waiting for?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Muller should take the time needed to fully finish his investigations before presenting any findings.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Fair point. The political dancing around protocol is what gave us Trump, although I do not blame Comey given the situation he was forced into.

Comey did act on the merits of the investigation, which is precisely why we are in this mess. Maybe we shouldn’t be nominating candidates under FBI investigation.

As for Mueller, the process has to play out, yet every day that passes makes it more difficult to present his case.

Comey violated FBI policy as they don’t talk about who is under investigation, only who is charged. It was highly irregular for him to hold a newspaper conference about it and even more irregular to send that letter to Congress. I agree that Comey was put in an almost impossible situation and I think he did what he thought was right but in the end...well...he was wrong.

I hope moving forward we can do better. We can’t let Trump and co. use political pressure to avoid accountability.

Feb 16, 2005
Last edited:

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I hope Mueller proceeds with no concern to the elections whatsoever. If he has a case to make and decides to put it off based on an upcoming election he’s making the same sort of mistake that James Comey made and look where that got us.

Trump is going to blow his findings up into a shit storm regardless of when they are released and if Mueller has uncovered serious wrongdoing at the highest levels of our government that is absolutely VITAL information for the public to have before voting. Had Comey acted on the merits of the investigation as opposed to worrying about what it meant for an election we likely wouldn’t be in this mess.
If you dont take midterms... I am thinking 2020 is going byebye. You dont have all the time in the world here. Maybe some damaging leaks? You cant play this one nice especially since your opponent is cheating every chance it gets and then some. Gloves off.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
enough evidence to convince trumps supporters. It's gonna be a while.

That said, he's a bit fastidious, meticulous and not doing this for a book deal. I know it seems like it's been going on for decades, but it's barely been 2 years.
Just re-reading Mueller's 'resume' holy shit...

Awards Bronze Star (with valor)
Purple Heart Medal
Navy Commendation Medal(2) (with valor)
Combat Action Ribbon
South Vietnam Gallantry Cross

I've seen that image go around, but it's of another vet, not Mueller.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/is-this-a-real-photograph-of-robert-mueller-in-vietnam/