What I have found out about God.

Page 22 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I think this thread is one for the Wizard, so lets all follow the yellow brick road. Oh, don't forget to bring the witches broomstick, well need that. Weeeeerrrrreeee off to see the Wizard....

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
The ideal of the internet forum is that people get a chance to share their knowledge and achieve better new knowledge.

And that is attained when people sincerely go for honest intelligent productive thinking and writing.

I am 100% sure the AT forum is into that ideal.

And it is the purpose of my thread here.

So when are you going to start?

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Marius I really like you! You totally rock!!
But Why are you not doing what the Bible tells you to do??
Jesus told you to go out and make disciples!!!
People here will not listen to you!
You have no reason to spend more time on those who refuse to listen!

I just enjoy expressing my thoughts, and of course I want to entertain the idea that there be readers who find me profitable to read.

And I thank AT most sincerely and with satisfaction that they avail me a space in the internet to write, and to yes entertain the thought that there be readers who find me to be profitable to themselves.

And I think also that everyone replying to me or to my posts here, they are also in a way enjoy writing here.

This AT forum is really distinct because unlike other forums they just want you to donate i.e. pay up for their premium version, though with very diplomatic language, and then it gets to be nearer and nearer that you will come to ouster from their site, because you are not profitable to them – hahahahaha.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
So, coming now to my agenda for this morning...

If you recall, dear readers, I was asking sardoski when he is going to give me his definition of demonstration, because he says that my certain knowledge that God exists must be based on demonstration.

Dear readers, whenever you come to someone who thinks that he is so smart, with making ipse dixit statements, you just pick one of his words by which he exudes the aura that he is so smart, and ask him to define it.

And he will be lost for words.

Because most folks just shoot off what they imagine are awesome words, which they themselves don't really understand at all.

Now, try this experiment, look up one word which to you smart so-called self-assured posters here bring up, then you ask me to challenge them to define it because they bring it up.

I will challenge them: you know, modesty aside, I have a Ph.D. and another doctorate and still another doctorate,* all for my dissertation, namely, in the sciences of definology and definogistics whatever - hahahahaha: I am the founder of the disciplines called definology and definogistics.

*In several ivy league universities similarly called, of hard knocks.

PS I really enjoy this!

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
For this morning, I found a text from the net, and I care to share it with you, dear my opponents here - let you be guided accordingly.

Dear my colleagues here, beware of sticking to only the second objective of education.

That is typical of folks with a branded religion.

These domains of learning are the cognitive (thinking), the affective (social/emotional/feeling), and the psychomotor (physical/kinesthetic) domain, and each one of these has a taxonomy associated with it.

Google:
taxonomy of educational objectives cognitive, affective and psychomotor

My opponents here appear to my observation to be into a branded religion essentially: because of their zeal in anger hatred and envy - like fundamentalist religionists.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Here is a new name or label I made for myself, namely, I am an existist.

What is an existist?

The name is from the verb, to exist, as also the noun existence is the verb's noun word.

The existist that I am, it means that from the fact that I exist, that alone already is proof from evidence scil. my existence, that God exists, in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

I exist therefore God exists, that is as certain as I exist therefore my papa and mama exist.

I have also a new name for my opponents here, they are escapists, for always running away from the issue God exists or not.

With one sardoski, he is escapist champion for not giving his definition on what is a demonstration, which word he brought up at the beginning of this thread.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
A minimal God that is compatibe with science - that is one finding for me this morning.

Here is again my definition of God:
"God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning."

And here is my thread::
Marius Dejess said:
Title of thread:
What I have found out about God.

And the OP is:
I have found out that God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

And how did I find that out?

By reasoning on truths, facts, logic, and the history of ideas.

What is the benefit to me from the concept of God as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning?

It brings me to the certain knowledge that God exists, whereas before I had only the belief that God exists, but not the certain knowledge.

Still I can't get God to talk with me.

Why is my minimal God compatible with science?
Because He is a material God, that's why.

You see, God being a material God does not do away with God being supernatural, and why again?

Answer: Simply, because supernatural is compatible with material which science is concerned with, and in addition science is not incompatible with supernatural, science is just not into supernatural, even though science is into material, the material that is natural.

Man is greater than science because man writes the protocols of science, and man knows also the supernatural which is the peculiar domain of God.

Tell me, my opponents here, what are your problems with my message today?

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
"God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning."

Is god part of the universe? Does god have a beginning? Does the universe have a beginning if god doesn't?

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
A minimal God that is compatibe with science - that is one finding for me this morning.

Tell me, my opponents here, what are your problems with my message today?

The question you should be asking yourself is why you care what other people think about the god you made up this morning. If you want to have an imaginary friend that's entirely your choice. It doesn't have to be valid by other peoples' metrics, unless you try to make it their business.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Yesterday at 5:22 AM

Marius Dejess said:

Is god part of the universe? Does god have a beginning? Does the universe have a beginning if god doesn't?

I tell you all again that God and existence are co-extensive, except that God is without beginning, He is eternal and self-existent, and the existence that has a beginning it came from the creation cause of God.

So, existence is composed of two kinds: one kind is without beginning, and God is the only example of existence without beginning.

The other kind of existence is with a beginning, it is created by God, and the universe is a part of existence with a beginning.

.​

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
I tell you all again that God and existence are co-extensive, except that God is without beginning, He is eternal and self-existent, and the existence that has a beginning it came from the creation cause of God.

So, existence is composed of two kinds: one kind is without beginning, and God is the only example of existence without beginning.

The other kind of existence is with a beginning, it is created by God, and the universe is a part of existence with a beginning.

.​
nothing like contradicting yourself, bot. Everything has a beginning and an end. God has ended.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

.​
So god sat around for an infinite amount of time before deciding to create the universe? And what did he sit around in?

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Okay, dear my opponents here, before asking me a question, you first tell me what answer you expect from me, I mean you want me to answer you because your question is grounded on honest intelligent productive thinking, or answer you also according to the way you think and write, which is basically intended to be obstructive and obscurantistic, demeaning to your nature as a homo sapiens.

Dear everyone, do you notice that my style is not to ask questions, not usually, to people who ask me questions, but to answer their questions, on condition that their questions indicate that they are doing honest intelligent productive thinking, instead of engaging their otherwise God-given brain to do monkey business - apologies to monkeys, just being corny though, dear monkeys, from my part.
.​

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Dear everyone, this is good for you all to guard against useless posters, namely, they will want to lure you away from the issue at hand.

Like this: the issue is God exists or not, so logically all parties concerned will work together to agree on a concept of God - because without an agreed on concept of God, everyone will be talking past everyone's else head - and that is irrational or crazy conduct.

So, when you notice that a poster is into already drivel right from the start, you can already just stop reading him, because your time is precious.

For your honest concern on the issue God exists or not, you will expect both sides to work as to finally come to concurrence that God definitely exists or not.

Then for affirmative parties who succeed and the opposite parties who do not succeed, but both sides accept the common now common conclusion, they can proceed to inquire all together on the how and why God did this and God did that.

Beware of drivels.*

*Cf. google, drivel = nonsense talk