What I have found out about God.

Page 17 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Dear readers, please read first the quote below under the caption {For your orientation}, you will know what the thread is all about.

Today we will all ask the physical cosmologists what is their point at all with seeking the explanations for the universe existing - although I say that it is all hogwash with one of their explanations, see text below:
[ . . . ]
According to their imagination aided with mathematics, in their arbitrary speculation of an 'infinite' number of universes making up the multiverse, it is inevitable that one of them will be our universe.
[ . . . ]
I say, it is pure hogwash.
[ . . . ]

The way I see them, they are just completely scared to their intellectual death to think about existence, and it is because the thought of existence leads them directly to the existence of God, in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

Pure intellectual cowards.

{For your orientation}

God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

And here is the OP:
Marius Dejess said:
Title of thread: What I have found out about God.

I have found out that God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

And how did I find that out?

By reasoning on truths, facts, logic, and the history of ideas.

What is the benefit to me from the concept of God as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning?

It brings me to the certain knowledge that God exists, whereas before I had only the belief that God exists, but not the certain knowledge.

Still I can't get God to talk with me.

{End of post}

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Blues Brothers 2000 explains everything you need to know about god.

I always liked at the end of the scene with Sister Mary Stigmata at the top of the staircase where she goes backwards through the door with a mean scary look on her face!

EDIT: Whoops missed the 2000 ... never saw it was referring to the original

Also note above that "god-bot" replied to me quoting a line .... and I mean literally a line.

Last edited:

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Dear readers, please read first the quote below under the caption {For your orientation}, you will know what the thread is all about.

This morning we will find out who is taking sense and who is talking nonsense - as in hogwash.

Take this quotation from a contemporary thinker:
If everything must have a cause, of course, this also applies to God; if God can exist in isolation, then why not the universe? - Etienne Vermeersch*

What do you think we should do first, before anything else, that is the most intelligent step to take?

From my part I will look up the definitions of crucial words in the quotation.

Then we will judge the intelligence of the author, okay?

What do you say, dear readers - and my opponents - in this thread?

{For your orientation}

God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

And here is the OP:
Marius Dejess said:

I have found out that God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

What is the benefit to me from the concept of God as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning?

It brings me to the certain knowledge that God exists, whereas before I had only the belief that God exists, but not the certain knowledge.

{End of post}

*Etienne Vermeersch: born 2 May 1934, Sint-Michiels, Bruges, died 18 January 2019

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015

Dear readers, and also my dear opponents here, you will recall that yesterday I suggested, that an intelligent approach to the study of the quotation from a contemporary philosopher is namely, to bring forth the definitions of the crucial words in the quote.
[ . . . ]
This morning we will find out who is taking sense and who is talking nonsense - as in hogwash.
Take this quotation from a contemporary thinker:
[ . . . ]
If everything must have a cause, of course, this also applies to God; if God can exist in isolation, then why not the universe? -Etienne Vermeersch
[ . . . ]
What do you think we should do first, before anything else, that is the most intelligent step to take?
From my part I will look up the definitions of crucial words in the quotation.
[ . . . ]

What about we take these two words to define: God, universe.

For God, my definition is the following: God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

For universe, my definition is the following: universe in concept is everything observable to man, in particular to scientists to study - most importantly in regard to its origin.

What about you, dear readers, and in particular my opponents here?

{For your orientation}

And here is the OP:
Marius Dejess said:

{End of post}

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I have to give the writer of the script some credit for having a contingency plan in case no one bothered to argue with it: post quotes by dead guys and argue against those.

Reactions: Captante

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Who owns the god bothering bot anyway?
Is it a forum thing or have we been pimped out to train an AI for someone?
Last time that happened didn't Microsoft end up with a nazi ai?

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
But you must understannd that because the word Godf is used in any form people like WelshBloke will have nothing to do with it, yet nobody is violently against what WelshBloke espouses as beliefs....
So don`t become a member with the name Godilunslki.....Koaligodskink.....Bodgodskki.......
Web still love you Marius........we need members that actually have a pulse......

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
But you must understannd that because the word Godf is used in any form people like WelshBloke will have nothing to do with it, yet nobody is violently against what WelshBloke espouses as beliefs....
So don`t become a member with the name Godilunslki.....Koaligodskink.....Bodgodskki.......
Web still love you Marius........we need members that actually have a pulse......
It's a bot.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015

So, dear everyone, readers - and my opponents here who deny God to exist, still they keep silent, let us resume from my definitions of God and of universe.
[ . . . ]
What about we take these two words to define: God, universe.

For God, my definition is the following: God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.
For universe, my definition is the following: Universe in concept is everything observable to man, in particular to scientists to study - most importantly in regard to its origin.

What about you, dear readers, and in particular my opponents here?
[ . . . ]

Anyway, as no one has ventured other definitions for God and for universe, I will just provisionally use them as our definitions, and continue with presenting my comment on the quote from philosopher Etienne Vermeersch
If everything must have a cause, of course, this also applies to God; if God can exist in isolation, then why not the universe?

Etienne Vermeersch is misrepresenting the first cause argument* for God's existence.

It is not If everything must have a cause, that is a truncated premise.

The complete first premise is the following:
If everything with a beginning must have a cause.

That is the deficiency of home work and/or of the despicable dishonesty with atheist thinkers.

There, so dear my opponents here, do your home work and also acquire intellectual honesty, okay?

{For your orientation}

And here is the OP:
Marius Dejess said:

{End of post}

*Google

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
really? I have had some interesting dicussions with this bot via - statrt a conversation!
I really should make a joke about religious people blindly accepting arguments they agree with from unthinking automatons but it's too easy.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I really should make a joke about religious people blindly accepting arguments they agree with from unthinking automatons but it's too easy.

Discretion is a virtue! :cool:

Not one I avail myself of often personally but still! :D

really? I have had some interesting dicussions with this bot via - start a conversation!

not-sure-if-serious.jpg

C'mon now ..... you had to know right? :p

Last edited:

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

So, dear everyone, readers - and my opponents here who deny God to exist, still they keep silent, let us resume from my definitions of God and of universe.

Anyway, as no one has ventured other definitions for God and for universe, I will just provisionally use them as our definitions, and continue with presenting my comment on the quote from philosopher Etienne Vermeersch

Etienne Vermeersch is misrepresenting the first cause argument* for God's existence.

It is not If everything must have a cause, that is a truncated premise.

The complete first premise is the following:
If everything with a beginning must have a cause. -- so when was the beginning? Dod has always been God!

That is the deficiency of home work and/or of the despicable dishonesty with atheist thinkers.

There, so dear my opponents here, do your home work and also acquire intellectual honesty, okay?

{For your orientation}

And here is the OP:

{End of post}

*Google
I have found Etienne Vermeersch to be a very unique person,,,,,,,he started out as a Jesuit and then he became an atheirst and then he morphed into a philosopher!
What he has to say about the Bible or shall we say God and Slavery appears to be spot on !! It is worth the read!!
Who would have guessed?

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I have found Etienne Vermeersch to be a very unique person,,,,,,,he started out as a Jesuit and then he became an atheirst and then he morphed into a philosopher!
What he has to say about the Bible or shall we say God and Slavery appears to be spot on !! It is worth the read!!
Who would have guessed?

I'll give you a solid E for effort! ;)

Reactions: JEDIYoda