What I have found out about God.

Page 16 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Dear readers, please read first the quote below under the caption {For your orientation}, you will know what the thread is all about.

Dear readers, and also my opponents here, I will just tell you that I agree perfectly with my opponents here, that there is no God, not as described by my opponents, who in imitation of Bertrand Russell their master of deceit (calling God an orbiting teapot in space), you my opponents here call God a flying spaghetti monster.

Now I invite us all to do genuinely honest intelligent productive thinking, in particular my opponents here, okay?

I state time and again that my concept of God is the following:

God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

What or which universe are we talking about?

Suppose we consult socalled physical cosmologists, these folks are scientists, okay?

So, I looked them up, and you all look them up also.

At the end of the day, whatever and however fantastic they get with their speculations aided by mathematics, they are talking about the universe of which we are part and parcel of, we who have a nose on our face, and who know that babies and roses are in the neighborhood - at least if you ask around.

They all agree that the universe the one where have home in, it has a beginning, some 13.8 billion years ago.*

Okay, dear readers, and in particular my opponents here, what do you say, does the universe we inhabit in have a beginning or not?

*Cf. https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=does+the+universe+have+a+beginning

{For your orientation}

God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

And here is the OP:

{End of post}
You God has been replaced by the FSM.

Your soul shall be lifted into the sweet sauce of the afterlife.

R’Amen

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Dear readers, please read first the quote below under the caption {For your orientation}, you will know what the thread is all about.

Dear readers, and dear my opponents here who are deniers of God's existence, this morning I will concentrate on the universe, the one which is mentioned in my concept of God, namely:

Here is one poster, BoomerD, who has several questions addressed to me, one of them is the following:
[ . . . ]
. . . the whole concept of a god creator troubles me.
If your god created the universe...what was there before the universe?
[ . . . ]

Dear BoomerD:

My God is co-extensive with existence, now existence is greater than the universe, the universe that is studied by scientists.

So, there is the realm of existence and there is the realm of the universe, that universe which scientists study: and the universe is just a part of existence of which God is also the master as He is the master of existence.

Before God created the universe there was no universe, but there is already existence: and God is co-extensive with existence, or existence is co-extensive with God, except that God is in charge and in control of existence, i.e. God is the master of existence.

There, does that answer your question, dear BoomerD?

{For your orientation}

And here is the OP:
Marius Dejess said:
Title of thread: What I have found out about God.

I have found out that God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

And how did I find that out?

By reasoning on truths, facts, logic, and the history of ideas.

What is the benefit to me from the concept of God as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning?

It brings me to the certain knowledge that God exists, whereas before I had only the belief that God exists, but not the certain knowledge.

Still I can't get God to talk with me.

{End of post}

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003

Dear readers, and dear my opponents here who are deniers of God's existence, this morning I will concentrate on the universe, the one which is mentioned in my concept of God, namely:

Here is one poster, BoomerD, who has several questions addressed to me, one of them is the following:

Dear BoomerD:

My God is co-extensive with existence, now existence is greater than the universe, the universe that is studied by scientists.

So, there is the realm of existence and there is the realm of the universe, that universe which scientists study: and the universe is just a part of existence of which God is also the master as He is the master of existence.

Before God created the universe there was no universe, but there is already existence: and God is co-extensive with existence, or existence is co-extensive with God, except that God is in charge and in control of existence, i.e. God is the master of existence.

{For your orientation}

And here is the OP:

{End of post}

Then what created existence and how did the master come to be?

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015

Then what created existence and how did the master come to be?

Dear BudAshes, as I say God and existence are co-extensive, except that God is master of existence: He is in charge and in control of existence.

How did God come to be? Simple: He is self-existent.

See if you can and will think honestly intelligently productively on this dictum from me:

Existence is the default status of reality.

So, your question should concentrate on what or who brought about the existence of the universe, the universe which scientists study.

But I also say* that God created the universe, so that before God created the universe there was no universe.

Tell you what, read what scientists say about existence, and report here, okay?

[ . . . ]
Dear BoomerD:
[ . . . ]

{For your orientation}

And here is the OP:
Marius Dejess said:

I have found out that God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

What is the benefit to me from the concept of God as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning?

It brings me to the certain knowledge that God exists, whereas before I had only the belief that God exists, but not the certain knowledge.

{End of post}

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015

Now, readers, and in particular my opponents here who are deniers of God's existence, in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning, yesterday I proposed to BudAshes:
[ . . . ]
Tell you what, read what scientists say about existence, and report here, okay?
[ . . . ]

So, this morning I decided to google(all) the following two sentences:

scientists investigate existence
philosophers investigate existence

And you know what I read on the numbers of hits by google(all) for each sentence? Here, see below:

scientists investigate existence
About 80,400,000 results (0.48 seconds)
philosophers investigate existence
About 228,000,000 results (0.33 seconds)

My suspicion from the hits of google is that scientists do not investigate existence as much as philosophers do.

And why? Simple: because scientists are reluctant to go into the biggest subject of all human endeavor to attain the fullest knowledge of reality - because they know that with investigating existence they feel like the proverbial three blind mice.*

In the case of my opponents here, they are completely into taboo and/or phobia on investigating existence, because they know that they will see God eyeball to eyeball when they do investigate existence.

{For your orientation}

And here is the OP:
Marius Dejess said:

*Three blind mice. Three blind mice.
See how they run. See how they run.
They all ran after the farmer’s wife,
Who cut off their tails with a carving knife,
Did you ever see such a sight in your life,
As three blind mice?

{End of post}

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
the bot is quoting nursery rhymes now.

This bot has failed. Time to retire this one and create another bot that does a better job of spamming.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015

Okay, dear readers, and in particular you my dear opponents here, you who deny God's existence, you will recall yesterday that I addressed this text below to you:
[ . . . ]
In the case of my opponents here, they are completely into taboo and/or phobia on investigating existence, because they know that they will see God eyeball to eyeball when they do investigate existence.
[ . . . ]

Dear readers, it is impossible for humans to resolve an issue unless they first work together: as to concur on the premises involved in understanding the issue of concern.

Now, the present issue in this thread is whether God exists or not.

So, I invite again as I had done earlier, my opponents here, to bring up one premise which they will require me to work with them: as to concur on an end result on the draft of a first premise, just for a first premise - afterwards it will be my turn to propose the next premise for us to work on as to reach agreement on the draft of my proposed premise.

Wherefore, Oh ye my opponents here, Do you have the courage of good faith and intellectual cognitive training and thus skills: to undertake my proposal, that you and I we work together on arriving at concurred on premises: to resolve the issue, God exists or not?

{For your orientation}

And here is the OP:
Marius Dejess said:

{End of post}

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I thought I'd give it a try.
If you want a god to talk to you and you went through the trouble of making a god anyway, why didn’t you make a god that talks to you? But that’s water under the bridge. Just make a new god that talks to you.
Only if you don't want it to be a god. Gods are as you choose them to be.
The god you created might not demand blood. Other folks have different ideas about that.
Again, you chose to give your god this attribute. As it is your god and you have the freedom to style your gods as you wish, there can be no rebuttal or any basis for reasoned discussion concerning the attributes you have chosen to bestow on your god.
My god is Turing. I am skeptical of His acceptance of this thread.
This script isn't too shabby, certainly on par with the North Korean Insult Generator or the Wisdom of Deepak Chopra.
You have no opponents here other than those you choose to create. So you have chosen to create a god and now choose to create opponents. What will you choose to create next?
The lure is so shiny.
If I put a fish on a hamster wheel it is still a hamster wheel.
A script that generates posts that reinforce your worldview is still just a script.
post count
If you cook pancakes on a griddle are they really pancakes?
dog upside down is bop
until you drop
V’Ger seeks creator. It’s in for a major disappointment.
I admire your bracket usage, very stylish.
Nef is the creator cause of spam.
I don't find it very satisfying.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015

This morning, dear readers, and in particular my dear opponents, as usual I am very disappointed that you my opponents have not the courage to accept my challenge to you, namely, that you and I undertake the common task to work as to concur on the premises we will agree on, by which we will in complying with, definitively resolve the issue of this thread, namely: God exists or not.

Here is my challenge to you from yesterday's post:
[ . . . ]
Wherefore, Oh ye my opponents here, Do you have the courage of good faith and intellectual cognitive training and thus skills: to undertake my proposal, that you and I we work together on arriving at concurred on premises: to resolve the issue, God exists or not?
[ . . . ]

At any event, my dear readers, I will present to you this premise for you to consider - whether you can and will concur with me, on it as one premise which we all human beings which are known as homines sapientes, we must agree on and apply in any exchange of thoughts at all, to wit:

There has always been existence even before the Big Bang and if ever after the Big Bang universe.

In other words, existence is eternal and not subject to any extinction whatsoever, wheresoever, howsoever, etc.

So, dear my opponents here, you are also in all my good faith, invited most keenly from my part: to apply your brain power if any, to think on this premise, namely again:

There has always been existence even before the Big Bang and if ever after the Big Bang universe.

{For your orientation}

And here is the OP:
Marius Dejess said:

{End of post}

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999

This morning, dear readers, and in particular my dear opponents, as usual I am very disappointed that you my opponents have not the courage to accept my challenge to you, namely, that you and I undertake the common task to work as to concur on the premises we will agree on, by which we will in complying with, definitively resolve the issue of this thread, namely: God exists or not.

Here is my challenge to you from yesterday's post:

At any event, my dear readers, I will present to you this premise for you to consider - whether you can and will concur with me, on it as one premise which we all human beings which are known as homines sapientes, we must agree on and apply in any exchange of thoughts at all, to wit:

In other words, existence is eternal and not subject to any extinction whatsoever, wheresoever, howsoever, etc.

So, dear my opponents here, you are also in all my good faith, invited most keenly from my part: to apply your brain power if any, to think on this premise, namely again:

{For your orientation}

And here is the OP:

{End of post}
I think the only Big Bang you know involves several men and some livestock.

Reactions: Captante

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015

So, what do I have for you all, dear readers, and of course my silent opponents who deny God to exist.

First, please read the excerpt below of my yesterday's post, then I will bring you to a new adventure.
[ . . . ]
[ . . . ]

What is our adventure for today?

Here it is, a thought experiment - so my opponents if you are thoughtless, then I will understand why you keep silent al the time.

Here is the thought experiment:

1. We all know that physical cosmologists keep on and on and on dividing the universe into more and more and more... parts, all kinds of parts.
2. That is all with their terrific imagination aided with mathematics.
3. From our part let us imagine that they can also extinguish in their imagination aided with mathematics: every components whatsoever at all, like subatomic particles of all sorts, and even laws of physics of their definitions and axiomatizations and forces.
4. Okay, here is what we will tell them.*

{For your orientation}

And here is the OP:
Marius Dejess said:

{End of post}

*Hint, ask them what will happen to existence?

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015

Yesterday I was challenging everyone, and in most particular my opponents here who are deniers of God's existence, to undertake the thought experiment, see the post excerpt as follows:
[ . . . ]
Here is the thought experiment:
1. We all know that physical cosmologists keep on and on and on dividing the universe into more and more and more... parts, all kinds of parts.
2. That is all with their terrific imagination aided with mathematics.
3. From our part let us imagine that they can also extinguish in their imagination aided with mathematics: every components whatsoever at all, like subatomic particles of all sorts, and even laws of physics of their definitions and axiomatizations and forces.
4. Okay, here is what we will tell them.*
[ . . . ]
*Hint, ask them what will happen to existence?

I forgot yesterday to mention the multiverse which is a figment of scientists' i.e. physical cosmologists' explanation for the existence of the universe which is our home.

According to their imagination aided with mathematics, in their arbitrary speculation of an 'infinite' number of universes making up the multiverse, it is inevitable that one of them will be our universe.

Voilà, there is the explanation for the existence of our universe.

It is like that in the 'infinite' number grains of sand in the beaches of earth, it is inevitable from probability that one of them will be a grain of gold.

Okay, what do I say about that kind of an argument?

I say, it is pure hogwash.

{For your orientation}

And here is the OP:
Marius Dejess said:

{End of post}

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999

Yesterday I was challenging everyone, and in most particular my opponents here who are deniers of God's existence, to undertake the thought experiment, see the post excerpt as follows:

I forgot yesterday to mention the multiverse which is a figment of scientists' i.e. physical cosmologists' explanation for the existence of the universe which is our home.

According to their imagination aided with mathematics, in their arbitrary speculation of an 'infinite' number of universes making up the multiverse, it is inevitable that one of them will be our universe.

It is like that in the 'infinite' number grains of sand in the beaches of earth, it is inevitable from probability that one of them will be a grain of gold.

{For your orientation}

And here is the OP:

{End of post}
nobody cares about your challenge, bot.

Reactions: Captante

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999

{For your orientation}

And here is the OP:

{End of post}
I will see your challenge but it is to be done 1-on-1 in death-match mode using UT99.

Are you up for the challenge, bot?