What I have found out about God.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
Who are you and what have you done with mopardude? He would have brought up drugs and pentagram by now.

You know this thread is gonna be juicy. I know it is. Oh the fun, this stuff gets as heated as a hot pocket. :D Oh i was showing excitement for a pentacle, not pentagram. Big difference :p

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
What I have found out about God.

I have found out that God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

And how did I find that out?

By reasoning on truths, facts, logic, and the history of ideas.

What is the benefit to me from the concept of God as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning?

It brings me to the certain knowledge that God exists, whereas before I had only the belief that God exists, but not the certain knowledge.

Still I can't get God to talk with me.

What I have learned about your knowledge of god is that your investigation of facts and truth and logic, and the history of ideas, which requires extensive research, reading, and critical thinking, is likely very flawed because your command of grammar here displays a ~4th grade level of cognitive ability. I therefore very much doubt your honest absorption of the diverse history of recorded thought on the many subjects required to reach this understanding. At least in a sense that you can honestly address the many diverse perspectives that run counter to what is very likely a focus on texts that support a pre-determined outcome.

• Love
Reactions: Pohemi

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Who are you and what have you done with mopardude? He would have brought up drugs and pentagram by now.

wow, so you must be like the one or three people that he hasn't already ignored for saying a "mean thing." :D

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Does this "God" have a Mate or need to Procreate? - sandorski

Please see if you have any concept of God in your mind database, then I will tell you what I think about your concept of God, okay?

"God in Concept" is no different than "Spiderman in Concept". It is an exercise in Imagination. Science has shown over and over again that every answered question using empirical facts is based upon the natural basis of our Universe. The advantage that Scientific Facts have is that they are Actionable. Meaning that, the Knowledge of them can make accurate Predictions and also give us the ability to change things to our benefit. For example, Einsteins Theory of Relativity allowed us to predict and realize things like Nuclear Weapons and Nuclear Energy. Can your "God" Concept do anything approaching that practicality and if so, How?

You also keep using the term "He" which is a very odd and specific distinction that doesn't correlate with this model of a Conceptual "God". Does this "God" have a Mate or need to Procreate?

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
My god is Turing. I am skeptical of His acceptance of this thread. - IronWing

The man is dead, so he does not qualify as any kind of god that is worthy of intelligent people's attention at all.

Alan Turin, Cause of death‎: ‎Suicide (disputed) by ‎cyanide ... - Wikipedia

My god is Turing. I am skeptical of His acceptance of this thread.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
What I have learned about your knowledge of god... - zinfamous

Please abstain from getting personal; just present your concept of God, and we will work as to concur that He exists in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning, or not - okay?

What I have learned about your knowledge of god is that your investigation of facts and truth and logic, and the history of ideas, which requires extensive research, reading, and critical thinking, is likely very flawed because your command of grammar here displays a ~4th grade level of cognitive ability. I therefore very much doubt your honest absorption of the diverse history of recorded thought on the many subjects required to reach this understanding. At least in a sense that you can honestly address the many diverse perspectives that run counter to what is very likely a focus on texts that support a pre-determined outcome.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Marius Dejess said:

Man not knowing how something that has a beginning to its existence [was created] - that is NO basis for man to conclude that it is not* created by God, in concept as the ultimate creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

*I missed the 'not' in my original text.

Dear mikey, tell what you know about the concept of God, and we will work as to concur that He exists in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning, or not - okay?

------------------

Yet your thread title is "What I have found out about God", and judging by the string of unsupported assertions, and questions (which imply strongly that you believe in the logical fallacy I mentioned) you've been posting in this thread, the answer to the statement you made in the thread title is "Exactly nothing", which is no surprise to anyone else since it's one of the oldest questions in human existence.

So try to suggest that you're intellectually above "I don't understand X so therefore God did it", that's the stage you're at, whether or not you want to deny it and pretend you know the answer so therefore you didn't "logically deduce" it. One is as intellectually invalid a position as the other.

Dude, if you like the idea that there is a God out there who has some kind of hand in the way of things in the universe, if that makes you feel good, then have faith in that the universe is unfolding as it should thanks to that entity. Faith is a positive force and it's good to experience it. However trying to equate faith with fact and all you're going to do is end up with conflict in one or more levels of your existence.

PowerEngineer

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2001
...God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning...

Let's try changing the name of your concept:

"Unknown in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning."

I suggest to you that this would be much more intellectually honest.

It is telling that in your posts you have implicitly added features such as eternal existence, consciousness, and intelligence. Is it just a coincidence that these coincide with typical Christian beliefs? Please provide your rationale for adorning your concept with these attributes.

And please be aware that a consensus among rational individuals will always involve the weighing of possibilities through debate, and that includes rebuttals.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
...can you concur with me that gods do not create themselves? - Occams

The God Who in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning, He is the very essence of existence, period.

All gods which are to their core idols, they need to be fabricated by men.

Dear religious delusionists, can you concur with me that gods do not create themselves?

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
...to ignore evidence... - Occams

Please tell me what is evidence, so that you and I can go forth into the world of babies and roses to look for evidence for God, in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning, okay?

Marius Dejess said:

Explaining away something difficult to understand by attributing it to something more difficult to understand is not an explanation, it's idiocy. - Occams

But of course, easy or difficult to understand, it depends upon the capacity of the person concerned with understanding an explanation.

------------------------

No. In the case of religion it depends upon the capacity of the person to ignore evidence and believe in fairy tales. Explain to me who created your god and how it was done before explaining to me how your god created the universe.

OccamsToothbrush

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2005
Dear posters here, I ask you:

Can the almighty God make a rock so heavy He Himself cannot carry?

For god to create any rock god would have to exist. So no.

However, in mental-illness land you can invent whatever god powers you want and come up with any answer you want. That's why that are so many religions in the world, each persons delusions are specific to them and their imaginary friends are unique.

So the question itself is fatally flawed. The proper way to phrase it is Can YOUR imaginary god make a rock so heavy he himself cannot carry it? That allows every answer to be invented according to the whims of the believer, exactly the same way the god was.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
Took me a while to find something to say, as my beliefs are a bit different then most . I feel any god/deities who want you just call to you, maybe its a energy that attracts or perhaps a good moral code that is incorporated into its belief system that just attracts people. It works differently on different people, sometimes not at all. Its how some people find their calling, maybe their purpose or just something that eventually betters themselves.

Honestly never bugged if a atheist or something jabs at my beliefs, i simply support the idea of free will and wouldn't enforce my beliefs onto others. I feel its rude. I would ask the same of any respectable house guest, Give respect to get it.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Dear posters here, I ask you:

Can the almighty God make a rock so heavy He Himself cannot carry?

Would doing so make "him" not omnipotent?

Religious people are "funny." They require no ACTUAL proof beyond their feels and some book written a few centuries ago...probably as a means of keeping the poors and serfs in line...what better means of controlling the unwashed masses than by convincing them that there is a fabulous afterlife awaiting them...if they only live by a few rules set down to make them compliant...
The existence of a " creator-type of god" should have left some kind of undeniable proof.

• Love

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Dear Occams, please tell me what is your concept of God; then we can work together to concur on whether your kind of God exists, or mine, Who is in concept the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

For god to create any rock god would have to exist. So no.

However, in mental-illness land you can invent whatever god powers you want and come up with any answer you want. That's why that are so many religions in the world, each persons delusions are specific to them and their imaginary friends are unique.

So the question itself is fatally flawed. The proper way to phrase it is Can YOUR imaginary god make a rock so heavy he himself cannot carry it? That allows every answer to be invented according to the whims of the believer, exactly the same way the god was.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Dear Occams, please tell me what is your concept of God; then we can work together to concur on whether your kind of God exists, or mine, Who is in concept the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

If your God created the heavens and earth from the nothingness...where was "he" before he did so?What "materials" did "he" use?

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
That is not any piece of writing from you, you just copy it from some author who had a grudge against God, among other rants.

Please do your very own personal thinking and writing.
That is 100% my work, and fully shows my concept of god. Did I miss something?

Reactions: mopardude87

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
About the question Can God create a rock so heavy He Himself cannot carry?

It is not enough that you answer yes or no, you must also explain why.

But you may not before answering yes or no, take to gratuitously declaring that God does not exist, that is like in effect taking to flight from honest intelligent thinking and writing.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Dear posters here who are my opponents, we can go on and on and on, about God existing or not, fruitlessly: unless you first present what you have of any information, by which you have in your mentat database a concept of God, okay?

Here is my concept of God:

In concept God is the creator causer of man and the universe and everything with a beginhning.

• Haha

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
then we can work together

you copied and pasted that whole line of reasoning from somewhere else, I have seen it countless times before. Come back here when you choose to be intellectually honest and original in your thinking.