What happens when a person with a gun is properly in place to stop a mass shooting?

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Under federal law that is completely legal, and you make the most money yourself from the sale. I'm overly cautious and they few times I've sold guns I go back to a dealer to sell them, now that I've joined a gun club I can sell them to other members but I will still restrict sales to people with a valid CCW only, that's better than a NICS check and about as sure as you can be.

I don't mind that resales of private guns are done only between CHL holders only as a law either. As that doesn't infringe upon your right to bear arms.

MooseNSquirrel

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2009
By making it expensive, time consuming and intrusive they make it less likely that honest and law-abiding citizens will make the commitment to exercise their rights. By the time you purchase a firearm and have jumped through the hoops you outline most people will have spent @ $1,000.

Yet so many Democrats will say that even a $5.00 drivers license is far too much of a restriction, if not outright suppression of their rights.

Because, oh I don't know, owning a car isn't like owning a gun?

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
By making it expensive, time consuming and intrusive they make it less likely that honest and law-abiding citizens will make the commitment to exercise their rights. By the time you purchase a firearm and have jumped through the hoops you outline most people will have spent @ $1,000.

Yet so many Democrats will say that even a $5.00 drivers license is far too much of a restriction, if not outright suppression of their rights.

You are talking about a poll tax which has historically been used to suppress the right to vote. If anything is sacred to us it should be the right to vote without infringement, its hard to comprehend there are still Americans who want to suppress other people's right to vote.

As far as gun control, we should get more realistic about how deadly guns are and require better on-going training for gun owners. We should also mandate improvements in gun design that improve safety, in the same manner we mandate seat-belts for autos.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
You are talking about a poll tax which has historically been used to suppress the right to vote. If anything is sacred to us it should be the right to vote without infringement, its hard to comprehend there are still Americans who want to suppress other people's right to vote.

As far as gun control, we should get more realistic about how deadly guns are and require better on-going training for gun owners. We should also mandate improvements in gun design that improve safety, in the same manner we mandate seat-belts for autos.

Again, you get off course. Owning and carrying a gun is a protected constitutional right, so is voting. Driving and owning a car aren't.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Again, you get off course. Owning and carrying a gun is a protected constitutional right, so is voting. Driving and owning a car aren't.

Poll taxes are unconstitutional, that's the law.

Regulation of guns is constitutional. That is also the law.

I'm not off course. You are in comparing a poll tax to gun regulation.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Poll taxes are unconstitutional, that's the law.

Regulation of guns is constitutional. That is also the law.

I'm not off course. You are in comparing a poll tax to gun regulation.

Regulation of voting is also the law. You pretend that a poll tax is the only way the government can regulate voting, it's not.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Regulation of voting is also the law. You pretend that a poll tax is the only way the government can regulate voting, it's not.

I'm not pretending anything. You specifically said something about paying $5 to vote which is what I responded too.