What games do you want to see getting a remake the most?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
Not a remake, but KOTOR 3, although I realize it will never happen.
As for a straight remake, how about the first Witcher game? After playing the last 2 games, I went back to replay W1 and the mechanics were just awful. Might be awsome ported to the W3 engine. Also Morrowind. Tried several time to get into it, but just too clumsy to play.

DeathReborn

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2005
It's one of the most unique fps I've played. I dig the style, setting, and humor. Maybe the fact that it was a sales disaster scare people from remaking it.

It would be a good game for a remake but the reason I omitted it was I fear it would pale in comparison to the originals. It was a great blend of Austin powers and Bond though.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Urban Chaos. I loved that game 20 years ago. The controls were horrible. Would love to see an HD remake or a sequel.

mooncancook

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
Not a remake, but KOTOR 3, although I realize it will never happen.
As for a straight remake, how about the first Witcher game? After playing the last 2 games, I went back to replay W1 and the mechanics were just awful. Might be awsome ported to the W3 engine. Also Morrowind. Tried several time to get into it, but just too clumsy to play.
I believe a new or remake or KOTOR will sell, but no one is doing it... yet. Our best chance for a Morrowind remake is still the Skywind project, let's cross our fingers it will eventually finish.

mooncancook

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
It would be a good game for a remake but the reason I omitted it was I fear it would pale in comparison to the originals. It was a great blend of Austin powers and Bond though.
Quite an accurate assessment, it does have the Austin Powers vibe, and the Bond actions. I skipped NOLF2 too, but the original is classic.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
So many to choose from. Not sure if these need remakes, but sequels or modern versions would be great:

Baldur’s Gate
No One Lives Forever
System Shock
Rise of Nations
Tie Fighter
Planescape: Torment
Myth: The Fallen Lords
Battlezone
Earth 2150
Homeworld
Giant: Citizen Kabuto
Black & White

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
So many to choose from. Not sure if these need remakes, but sequels or modern versions would be great:

Baldur’s Gate
No One Lives Forever
System Shock
Rise of Nations
Tie Fighter
Planescape: Torment
Myth: The Fallen Lords
Battlezone
Earth 2150
Homeworld
Giant: Citizen Kabuto
Black & White

Some of these have remakes.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I'd like to see a remake of the PS2 revamp of the classic series Shinobi. I'm sure any middle-ish-aged folk remember the goofy TV advert with Masi Oka (Hiro from Heroes) in the convenience store being all "Shinobi's BACK!". While it was on the PS2 originally, I don't see why a remake wouldn't be released on multiple platforms, including PC. What I always liked about the game was its fast pace. I mean... most consider Devil May Cry to be a pretty fast-paced action game, but Shinobi's design pushed speed... especially given that your sword would drain your life if you lollygagged around! The biggest drawback to the original game was it didn't look all that great even on the PS2. I believe one of its cons was the incredibly drab/ugly building textures.

Another game that may come to mind due to nostalgia more than anything would be a game that I think Bungie has LONG forgotten about. That would be one of the earliest titles, ONI. While not the best game that I've ever played, I remember enjoying it quite a bit for what it was. Although, reading the Reception section on Wikipedia makes it look like they could add quite a bit of cut content back into the game!

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I'd like to see a remake of the PS2 revamp of the classic series Shinobi. I'm sure any middle-ish-aged folk remember the goofy TV advert with Masi Oka (Hiro from Heroes) in the convenience store being all "Shinobi's BACK!". While it was on the PS2 originally, I don't see why a remake wouldn't be released on multiple platforms, including PC. What I always liked about the game was its fast pace. I mean... most consider Devil May Cry to be a pretty fast-paced action game, but Shinobi's design pushed speed... especially given that your sword would drain your life if you lollygagged around! The biggest drawback to the original game was it didn't look all that great even on the PS2. I believe one of its cons was the incredibly drab/ugly building textures.

Another game that may come to mind due to nostalgia more than anything would be a game that I think Bungie has LONG forgotten about. That would be one of the earliest titles, ONI. While not the best game that I've ever played, I remember enjoying it quite a bit for what it was. Although, reading the Reception section on Wikipedia makes it look like they could add quite a bit of cut content back into the game!

what about the Shinobi for PS3? I remember that being pretty fun, fast, and brutally difficult in certain places. oh wait...I think that was Ninja Gaiden, actually?

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
what about the Shinobi for PS3? I remember that being pretty fun, fast, and brutally difficult in certain places. oh wait...I think that was Ninja Gaiden, actually?

I brought up the game to someone a few days ago, and they made the exact same mistake. Well, they were referring to the Xbox-only variant, Ninja Gaiden Black, but close enough. :p But yeah, I'm pretty sure that's Ninja Gaiden, which was probably arguably a better game -- especially if you wanted some crazy, ninja gameplay, but I've always liked Shinobi.

EDIT:

Plus, Hotsuma has major twleve-year-old's bedroom poster appeal. :p

SjrqgTc.png

Last edited:

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Yes, and some have spiritual successors as well. For the ones already remade, I am looking for something more than just a graphic engine port of the original game.

Sounds like more of a sequel than a remake.

For example, Homeworld Remastered seems to be a real 'remake'?