What first world problem did you have today?

Page 90 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004
forgot to change clock on coffee pot therefore the timer was screwed up this morning. 5am is too early to be -that- pissed.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Wanted to buy this parka I had bookmarked for the last three months. Looked at it again and the price was jacked up two-fold! Fuck that crap! Looking on ebay for another parka.

Makes sense that as we get closer to winter, they'll start raising the price. Just hold out till March :whiste:

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
I had to wake up early to catch my package... which apparently isn't even on a truck to be shipped today despite getting to the local depot yesterday. Now I'm tired as hell.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
New signed smashing pumpkins album prerelease on vinyl: signed... chose not to get it because of how horrendous I thought the sample-track was.

I think your real first world problem was not realizing that James Iha was the genius behind The Smashing Pumpkins, not Corgan, despite what Corgan would like to have everyone believe.

blackdogdeek

Lifer
Mar 14, 2003
1. Long delay waiting for bus this morning.
2. Bus that showed up was the old variety with less comfortable seats.
3. Guy in front of me had his seat reclined.
4. By the last stop all seats were taken and some woman ended up standing in the aisle next to my seat and I felt a little guilty that I didn't offer my seat to her.
5. This morning's meeting (for which I was late) ran long and I missed the end of breakfast in the cafeteria.
6. I had to walk outside across the street to get breakfast.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
1. Long delay waiting for bus this morning.
2. Bus that showed up was the old variety with less comfortable seats.
3. Guy in front of me had his seat reclined.
4. By the last stop all seats were taken and some woman ended up standing in the aisle next to my seat and I felt a little guilty that I didn't offer my seat to her.
5. This morning's meeting (for which I was late) ran long and I missed the end of breakfast in the cafeteria.
6. I had to walk outside across the street to get breakfast.

Rides the bus? Clearly, you don't live in the first world. Here, we have drivers chauffeur us around.

burninatortech4

Jan 29, 2014
The elevator in my 27 story high rise in honolulu keeps getting to the 22nd floor on my 23 floor journey and starts to go back down >_< I have to get off on the 21st floor and wait for the next one :(

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004
construction crew on the floor beneath me using all sorts of shit making FHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ZWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRCCCCCC noises. Should have put whiskey in my coffee.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
Signed up for a free web hosting service, tried to create a blog. have no fucking idea what to do with all the wordpress files other than using Filezilla. Downloaded kompozer and will see how this goes, but I'm ready to throw the damn computer out the window.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
construction crew on the floor beneath me using all sorts of shit making FHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ZWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRCCCCCC noises. Should have put whiskey in my coffee.

Haha been working in a construction zone for over a month now. They're installing 2 30 ton AC units and new ductwork. They often have a fan running to create negative pressure in their work area and it's freaking loud hearing that all day.

Random sounds of drills and sawzalls too.

At one point they had the whole area tarped like there was an ebola outbreak or something. Had to do that to keep dust from getting to the equipment.

Interesting to see progress though. I still can't believe the size of those new electrical panels. 600 amps, and the panels are taller than I am.