What first world problem did you have today?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Somebody finished off the pot of free coffee in the kitchen, so I had to start a fresh brew and wait a few minutes to have some...

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
first_world_problems98.jpg
:biggrin::biggrin:

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
For your daughter. Simple for her though. Get a job, pay for it and the insurance. Report back her reaction, please.:p

Our daughter had a car to drive the day she got her license - I'd much rather pay for gas/insurance/car than provide taxi service or have her driving in other kids cars.

We trusted her, not so much all of her friends.

Feb 16, 2005
Went to my favorite BBQ joint and they were already out of Brisket at Lunch time. I got there 30 minutes late and it was already gone.

I can't express how sad I was. I had this lunch planned since Friday, I knew what sides I was going to get and everything.

That does suck, getting your mind and tummy all prepped for some yummy goodness and blammo, no go :(

But yea, fwp.

tortillasoup

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2011
you could always buy her a 80s economy car

You can buy a 90s economy car for the price of an 80s economy car... If you're really trying to save money though, buy a car with a timing chain, something that won't require a lot of maintenance. Nissan made some cars in the 90s with timing chains and they're solid vehicles assuming you've already fixed the issue with their tensioners.

Reactions: shortylickens

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Went to my favorite BBQ joint and they were already out of Brisket at Lunch time. I got there 30 minutes late and it was already gone.

I can't express how sad I was. I had this lunch planned since Friday, I knew what sides I was going to get and everything.

Ugh, that is the worst! I hate getting all excited for a particular lunch/dinner, then having it fall through. :(

KT

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Ugh, that is the worst! I hate getting all excited for a particular lunch/dinner, then having it fall through. :(

KT

The real problem is when it happens every day. Um, you know you are going to sell out of X type of meat in 30 minutes, why don't you just make more?

My grandmother used to run a BBQ joint and she had a timed perfectly and would go take meat off the pit and put more on. Every 8 hours like clock work. She wasn't about to turn away customers because she ran out of meat. That is money going to a competing business!

SlitheryDee

Lifer
Feb 2, 2005
I had to pay my car insurance today. I can easily afford it. I just hate sitting down, typing in the site address, navigating the page, and clicking the "submit payment" button. It's such a bother.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
My grandmother used to run a BBQ joint and she had a timed perfectly and would go take meat off the pit and put more on. Every 8 hours like clock work. She wasn't about to turn away customers because she ran out of meat. That is money going to a competing business!

out of brisket =/= out of meat

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
The real problem is when it happens every day. Um, you know you are going to sell out of X type of meat in 30 minutes, why don't you just make more?

Yeah, we went to a local bakery yesterday and we pretty much knew they would be out of cream puffs because they always run out after about 2:00 PM. So annoying; just make more! :colbert:

KT

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
out of brisket =/= out of meat

If I want brisket and they are out of brisket, they are out of meat. That also means they are probably low on chopped beef as well. They need to get their shit together. McDonalds doesn't run out of cheese burgers.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
If I want brisket and they are out of brisket, they are out of meat. That also means they are probably low on chopped beef as well. They need to get their shit together. McDonalds doesn't run out of cheese burgers.

yes, but McDonalds doesn't take 8 hours to make a piece of meat.

Just sayin', I'd rather have a restaurant run out of 10/10 meat vs leaving out meat that will sit and die if they don't get 400 people through the door by 2p.

i dunno, if i go to a bbq joint and they're out of brisket i buy ribs or something. i most certainly don't leave.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
yes, but McDonalds doesn't take 8 hours to make a piece of meat.

Just sayin', I'd rather have a restaurant run out of 10/10 meat vs leaving out meat that will sit and die if they don't get 400 people through the door by 2p.

i dunno, if i go to a bbq joint and they're out of brisket i buy ribs or something. i most certainly don't leave.

True, I probably won't leave that time, but the next time I want BBQ, I will be going somewhere else. I shouldn't have to say "Oops! It's 10 minutes past when I need to leave to get what I want from X place! I should go anyway and get something else."

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
hooker snorted the last of my blow. :mad:

edit:
now her twin sister texted saying she'll come over for a 3some if had some blow.
FML

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2005
Copied all my music onto an SD card for my new car stereo only to find out it doesn't read FLAC files, now I have to convert them to mp3

Lounatik

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
Had some help on my route today. Got done pretty quick, but I had to help him do some silly test my company requires new hires to do. I was only able to get a 2 hour nap when I got home. Now I'm so tired. FML.

Peace

Lounatik

Reactions: shortylickens

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
I couldn't route a power bar around my subwoofer to where I wanted it, so I had to put it on the other side.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Some poor lady broke down on the highway, just wanted some Alkemyst inside her.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001

I'd recommend you stick to Mickey D's then.