What first world problem did you have today?

Page 902 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Just got my tax bill for 2021 for the property I bought and it's overdue so there's a $1.26 penalty. I probably should have arranged that when I bought it as I think the owner ended up getting the bill right after we agreed that I pay this year's taxes. (was deducted from the buying price).

I'll call the number tomorrow so I can setup preauthorized payments and see if it can be waved. I'm not really worried so much about the money, but I just don't want it to be on my credit record and tax account that I had a late payment.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Happened a couple of days ago. I was playing my Xbox 360 (I very rarely game, and I decided I should try to get back into it), and after maybe 20 minutes the graphics started getting weird and the system eventually shut off with a single red light on the power button. Booted it up again and got error E74.

Probably not worth it to fix, so I've been thinking about buying the Series X, but eh. Maybe I should stick to retro gaming...

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
Woke up at 530 and couldn't go back to sleep. I'm sitting here waiting to take a shower and start my day but I don't want to wake the house up.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Woke up at 530 and couldn't go back to sleep. I'm sitting here waiting to take a shower and start my day but I don't want to wake the house up.

You sat around for 5+ hours?

Should have at least made pancakes or something. ;)

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I hate that when I can't fall asleep, it's just the worse feeling when you're lying there and just trying so hard but not able to. Eventually get so bored and mentally tired from it. I usually give myself a time and if I'm not sleeping by then I just call the night a write off and get up and shower. Makes for a rough day if working the day after. (well technically same day)

Usually I can manage to fall asleep before I hit the set point time though. I usually end up poping a couple melatonins and it seems to help. Some nights though it does nothing.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
We were going to have a yard sale this weekend...but we're also doing a refi on our mortgage. Nice interest rate reduction...so, when the lender notified us on Thursday that they were sending a mobile notary to the house on Sunday (today) to do the signing...and since there was a likelihood of rain this weekend anyway...we cancelled the yard sale. We got the rain showers overnight...but the notary just called...the lender failed to send the documents...and the signing will have to be rescheduled.
abe.thumb.png

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I got diagnosed with Shingles on Friday. They say that one of the things that triggers it is stress.

I had plenty of that last week... we were migrating a data center to AWS and we were literally still moving the last few clients over the day before the old data center was going to be shut down. What a shit show that turned out to be.

• Wow
Reactions: Captante

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Bestbuy.com wouldn't remember my store selection for anything, so when Iwas checking to see if items were in stock. For every single one I had to reselect my store as for whatever reason it was setting my zip code to default somewhere far from me.

Took me like an extra damn 6 minutes of work. And 2 times I wasn't paying attention and thought an item was in stock, only to find out it wasn't my store and of course it wasn't in stock here :(

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I got diagnosed with Shingles on Friday. They say that one of the things that triggers it is stress.

I had plenty of that last week... we were migrating a data center to AWS and we were literally still moving the last few clients over the day before the old data center was going to be shut down. What a shit show that turned out to be.

Ouch. Shingles suck.

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
I swung by work a little while ago to pick something up. As soon as I pulled in I saw some stuff outside a storage container. All that was in the thing was a few drums with oil/cat litter and like 6 tubs of the mixture that came in Saturday and didn't make it into the drums. They dumped the tubs all over the floor.

I went outside and looked around and there is urine and fecal matter all over the place.

My day is going to fucking suck tomorrow. I'm going to have to divide my time between all the work that has come in since Saturday afternoon and cleaning up.

On average I would say I lose 6 or 7 hours a week because of the homeless and the drug addicts.

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
I bought some water cooling stuff from OfferUp. The seller sent a note while I was driving to meet him. He told me that he didn't have time to pull one of the res/pumps and a radiator I didn't pay for out of the TT Core5. He said I could take it for free. Now I have an extra build that I feel obligated to complete in a case I didn't pay for.

Top 20 in the thread I think.

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
I bought some water cooling stuff from OfferUp. The seller sent a note while I was driving to meet him. He told me that he didn't have time to pull one of the res/pumps and a radiator I didn't pay for out of the TT Core5. He said I could take it for free. Now I have an extra build that I feel obligated to complete in a case I didn't pay for.

Top 20 in the thread I think.
nice

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Want to order something online but my Capital One card doesn't have enough $$$ available. So I went to pay down the bill so I'd have enough to order. But it won't let me pay the amount I need too because 2/3rd of the charges are from the 3rd & 4th of this month and are all still pending. So it's telling me I can only pay $25 at the moment because technically minus the pending that's all my balance is. Their system should see the charges as pending and let a person pay them off. Capital One always seems to take 3 or 4 friggin days to clear transactions.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Want to order something online but my Capital One card doesn't have enough $$$ available. So I went to pay down the bill so I'd have enough to order. But it won't let me pay the amount I need too because 2/3rd of the charges are from the 3rd & 4th of this month and are all still pending. So it's telling me I can only pay $25 at the moment because technically minus the pending that's all my balance is. Their system should see the charges as pending and let a person pay them off. Capital One always seems to take 3 or 4 friggin days to clear transactions.
Why not call them and ask for a credit limit increase? They'll likely grant it to you readily....

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Why not call them and ask for a credit limit increase? They'll likely grant it to you readily....

Often they can also approve a one-time transaction which exceeds credit limits without actually raising the spending limit on your account.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002

A novel idea that totally slipped my mind, I don't need it anymore but just for shits and giggles, I just went and requested one to see what would happen. WOW they offered me a whopping hundred bucks. I'm making light of the small amount, but you'd think a customer who's never missed a payment for the 2 years he'd had the card would be worth more than $100. #1stworldproblems I know my credit's pretty terrible, but they did give me a card. Also out of boredom, I applied to see if I was eligible for any other card from them.

I got exploding confetti and a CONGRATULATIONS message that I was approved, yeeeah! It was for a secure card.

Sadly the $100 increase STILL isn't enough for me to be able to make the purchase I was trying to, and I STILL can't make a fucking payment for amount I need because of the stupid pending transactions from the damn 4th, sheieieieieiet! 2 of the pending transactions have already been delivered lol. #1stworldproblems

• Haha

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
A novel idea that totally slipped my mind, I don't need it anymore but just for shits and giggles, I just went and requested one to see what would happen. WOW they offered me a whopping hundred bucks. I'm making light of the small amount, but you'd think a customer who's never missed a payment for the 2 years he'd had the card would be worth more than $100. #1stworldproblems I know my credit's pretty terrible, but they did give me a card. Also out of boredom, I applied to see if I was eligible for any other card from them.

I got exploding confetti and a CONGRATULATIONS message that I was approved, yeeeah! It was for a secure card.

Sadly the $100 increase STILL isn't enough for me to be able to make the purchase I was trying to, and I STILL can't make a fucking payment for amount I need because of the stupid pending transactions from the damn 4th, sheieieieieiet! 2 of the pending transactions have already been delivered lol. #1stworldproblems

Would likely have gone better had you called them to do this. ;)

(sometimes there's no substitute for help with a pulse)

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Would likely have gone better had you called them to do this. ;)

(sometimes there's no substitute for help with a pulse)

Are you telling me I could have gotten a $200 increase? AWH HELL! I'll keep that in mind next time I need a 3rd world incoming level bump to my credit card. In all seriousness though, I wonder if a phone call would have netted me another five-hundo or something usable lol.

• Haha