What first world problem did you have today?

Page 725 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Forgot to submit my system specs for MS Flight Simulator... AGAIN

The people who leave Amazon reviews saying "well I bought this for a gift so I haven't used it" or "haven't used it yet but it seems durable." SO USEFUL; THANKS FOR LEAVING THAT TOTALLY NECESSARY REVIEW, IT REALLY HELPS YOU JACKOFF. Why not wait until you have some experience with it, then leave the review? Fml

Or the people who review the shipping and not the product. "2 stars because it took a week rather than two days to get here."

Reactions: clamum

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Been wanting to upgrade my storage but it seems all the retailers have limits per customer. Who only buys 5 "nas" hard drives at a time? I'd have to buy from more than one place but then it might not be the exact model, I like to try to match them if I can.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Never tried McRib. Something seems off about ribs from Mcdonald's. I'd have to try it before I bash it but I heard it's not even real ribs it's just ground "meat" shaped into one. That just seems odd to me. Guessing it's probably the same stuff they use for the burger patties but with a different sauce?

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Never tried McRib. Something seems off about ribs from Mcdonald's. I'd have to try it before I bash it but I heard it's not even real ribs it's just ground "meat" shaped into one. That just seems odd to me. Guessing it's probably the same stuff they use for the burger patties but with a different sauce?

Nah, it's pork not beef.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
We "inherited" a barrel sauna when we bought this house. We're not "sauna people," so I posted it on Craigslist. However...it seems that between the time it was checked during the home inspection a year ago and now...the heater has died...so now, it's not worth much. :(

Sauna is gone! Guy drove over 150 miles to get it...got a lot less for it than I wanted...but with the $750 heater shot...I'm just glad to have it gone.

Reactions: highland145

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Broke my damn french press while washing it in the sink. No coffee until Amazon delivers a new press, unless I want to go to a coffee shop at pay $2-3 for a cup. :(

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
It's not even a week since I have a truck and I'm already being asked all sorts of favours. I need to help my sister move a piano. I don't even have ramps or a lift or anything. She does not realize there is an actual reason movers charge an extra $300 for that. It's not just two guys lifting it and throwing it in the back of a pickup. It's way more involved than that.

I also lose 2 of my days off next week because I need to help her move a bunch of other stuff. It finally stopped raining every day, so I was hoping to work on my deck during those days off.

Today was my workout day. I guess THAT will be my workout lol.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
It's not even a week since I have a truck and I'm already being asked all sorts of favours. I need to help my sister move a piano. I don't even have ramps or a lift or anything. She does not realize there is an actual reason movers charge an extra $300 for that. It's not just two guys lifting it and throwing it in the back of a pickup. It's way more involved than that.

I also lose 2 of my days off next week because I need to help her move a bunch of other stuff. It finally stopped raining every day, so I was hoping to work on my deck during those days off.

Haul it up into the truck...

Useful to have anyway if you'll be traveling offroad, or plan to get some land in the sticks

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006

Tell her to rent a uhaul.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Haul it up into the truck...

Useful to have anyway if you'll be traveling offroad, or plan to get some land in the sticks

Yeah there are lot of misc accessories like that I need to buy over time. But this is ridiculously short notice of her, I'm totally not prepared for this. And of course it's at 8pm so it's going to be pitch black to make things even more fun.

I'm just going to let whatever happens happen, and tell her she should not have given me such short notice for a job like this.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Tonight you're getting it?! You could stop at the hardware store, get some rope and shackles, and setup a 5:1 haul system fairly cheap. Pianos are fuckin' heavy. Not like file cabinet or drafting table heavy. More like we gotta move this small car with square wheels heavy. I helped move one once. It took four of us to haul it, and we put it in the bucket of a big tire loader. There's a reason it's easy to get 'free piano, you move' deals.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
It's like in an hour, so not really much time to prepare. Pitch black out too of course. My sister always makes things harder than they have to be. Just pay the damn 300 bucks to get the moving company to do it. If I had more notice I would have just paid it myself and had the moving company show up instead of me.

The worse part is I think I will need to do this twice. She does not have the keys to her new house yet so I have a feeling we're moving it to someone else's house temporarily. I really don't know the details.

This night could potentially involve a trip to the ER. I really don't feel comfortable with any of this.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009

Ask her to call who ever she imposed on before.

or whom ever....irregardless, don't pick up heavy shit for other people. Your 55 y.o. back thanks me in the future.

;)

Reactions: lxskllr