What first world problem did you have today?

Page 533 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Well you're obviously the problem. You shower in the shower. And just don't put her into the dryer. The plastic won't hold up.

j/k kind of.;)

Wally had a Christmas commercial when my kid was about 8. The register lights flashing to music..."More lanes open." He says, "Like that's gonna happen.":D

Hahaha! Well technically if they open 2 cashes instead of 1 they can advertise that they have twice as many cashes open as normal. lol. "We've doubled our staff!"

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
li8RBC6.jpg

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
My computer stopped registering mouse or keyboard input.
I booted into UEFI and saw my CPU was at 71°C. Heat sink had come loose.
It's done that in the past, soo I removed it and installed a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO.
CPU now stays around 36°C. Mouse and keyboard back in action. Life is good.

I was a bit late to work though.
I have 2 old 2600k rigs. I run both under full load for WCG on BOINC. On a lark I checked the temps one day and they were 90+C. I was like, oh sh**. That was with a stock cooler. I had to disassemble the machine and install a good cooler. Now under full load it stays in the low 60's.

I slipped in the bath having a shower.i think my elbow is fucked.its my gf oil filled shampoo or such weirdness.i fucking hate injuries.injuries like this FACK,in the washing machine she goes.i kid kind of.
You need something like this.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0029LHCVS

The little blades of "grass" are very soft and it's almost impossible to slip on it. Plus it has suction cups all over the back to keep it stable.

91MbtehL60L._SL1500_.jpg

Reactions: Zanovar

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I failed to do a screen capture. :(

In the original headline, the word ceremony had been gown. :(

Inside Pippa Middleton's "Beautiful, Traditional" Wedding Ceremony

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Lost in translation, digital edition.

So I use Siri to text my wife "Ha, you novice!". Looks correct->send. She writes back "huh?"
I check the text and it says "Ha, you navas!". Apple- you idiot navases :p

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
I slipped in the bath having a shower

its my gf oil filled shampoo or such weirdness.i hate injuries.injuries like this FACK,in the washing machine she goes.i kid kind of.

If you think oil-based is bad, wait until you step into a shower laced with sugar scrub. I almost died, no joke :confused2:

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
I hate how Walmart has like 40 cash registers but only one is ever open. It almost reminds me of the fake grocery stores in North Korea except it's with cash registers. When you walk in and year all the beeping you're thinking "Great they have all these cashes it should go fast" but you get there with your stuff and spend an hour in line.

Seriously. We got a 24-hour Walmart, nice upgrade, very clean now & well-lit, 18 registers...only two of them are ever open & they're always maddeningly slow.

But their avocados are only a buck ($1.66+ everywhere else), so I kinda have to :(

Nov 20, 2009
I had to wait until 12:30PM today to drink at a restaurant because that's the idiot law. Mind you I started drinking at home at 5AM so I win.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
The gallon of orange juice leaked in my vehicle and I did have to spend more than a few minutes to clean it up while it was raining. What a mess.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I had two problems today. The magic card reader on the office doors was busted so the entire staff was locked out this morning. I decided to use the time to restock my soda pop stash and headed to the grocery store. I had sworn off Kroger a couple years ago after waiting in line (and waiting and waiting) to purchase soda pop at a super cheap rate only to have the cashier tell me that the deal only worked if I purchased an additional $25 worth the groceries. Kroger had a a four foot high banner offering the deal and the $25 requirement was printed in 12 pt font at the bottom of the banner. So I left the pop with the cashier and didn't return to Kroger until today. Kroger is close to my office so I figured I'd relent in my disgust and give them another try. They literally are running the same "deal" on soda pop, complete with the big banner with the fine print. I left empty handed but with a refreshed memory of why I hate Kroger.

Reactions: r4sh1d

kn51

Aug 16, 2012
Krogers here sell everything from couches to lawn mowers to jewelry and maybe groceries. Store is always packed. The parking sucks and I find their prices aren't great. I'm sure I'm missing out on something.

And yeah, 2 lanes open tops at Wal-Mart. All the cashiers have stools including the greater to sit on.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Speaking of cheap soda. Grocery stores are having a sale this week. Four packs of 12 cans of Coke/Dr. Pepper are $10 total plus sale tax. You don't have to buy anything else to get that price. Not bad.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Went to the gym before work. Wanted to go quickly through my routine but some dude was using the only squat rack for at least 30 minutes so I didn't get to do any squats.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Rain, thunder storms, flash floods, hurricanes, tsunamis and flying dogs. How am I supposed to grill chicken in this crap?:mad:

BxgJ

Golden Member
Jul 27, 2015
Krogers here sell everything from couches to lawn mowers to jewelry and maybe groceries. Store is always packed. The parking sucks and I find their prices aren't great. I'm sure I'm missing out on something.

And yeah, 2 lanes open tops at Wal-Mart. All the cashiers have stools including the greater to sit on.
I've never seen all the lanes occupied there, no matter how many people are in the store.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
I'm transferring data from one database to another. There is no import function for the location data so I have hand enter over four hundred lines of legal land descriptions into the new database. No shortcuts. It's like hand copying four hundred VIN numbers.

Just saw this but couldn't you:
1) copy the column with 400 rows into excel column B
2) dummy value both columns A (like 'wwww') and C (like 'eeee') for all 400 rows (ctrl-D) and save as CSV
3) open CSV in wordpad, do a global replace on the dummy values with insert statement, single quotes, etc. with an ending ; (basically to get each line to be a single insert statement)
4) now you have 400 lines of individual T-SQL inserts to execute at the new DB

I use this all the time to insert data that is not originally from a db.

Last edited:

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
xfce-weather-plugin stopped working. I looked into it, and found the weather url was deprecated. There was an updated package, but it wasn't available in ubuntu's repositories. I decided to try compiling it from source, and creating a .deb to install. After dicking around with dependencies with unhelpful errors, I finally got it compiled and a .deb created/installed. Problem is it didn't work. It wasn't recognized as installed by the xfce panel. I gave up and got the updated package from debian sid. I feel like such a failure :^(

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Went to a fry fish cookout because of customer appreciation day. Took a plate with 3 pieces of fishes because I thought I would be able to go back and get more (did that last year) but after I ate the first plate, the lady at the food place said only one plate per person but I could get more fries and hush puppies. Whaaaaaaaaaaa.... <snip..snip>