What first world problem did you have today?

Page 532 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
LOL! Reminds me of my Bro. We were young then playing with BB guns when he tried shooting me. Well, I raised my nice scoped BB gun rifle and he began to run and I stuck his ass in the leg. LMAO!

I was pretty good with that gun too. I was able to shoot a house fly off of a clothes pin about 25 feet away. Behold the power of a fine tuned scope! HAHA

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
LOL! Reminds me of my Bro. We were young then playing with BB guns when he tried shooting me. Well, I raised my nice scoped BB gun rifle and he began to run and I stuck his ass in the leg. LMAO!

I was pretty good with that gun too. I was able to shoot a house fly off of a clothes pin about 25 feet away. Behold the power of a fine tuned scope! HAHA
S.C. rednecks....In HS we would put on all of our winter clothes and have wars during the 95 degree summers. The heat was worse than getting shot.

Reactions: Ns1

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
I was a fire fighter explorer and I got to go into what they call a smoke house. This is a building that is heated with burning wood on both floors and the temps at the time were around 400 degrees. Well, combine that with the very hot bunker gear and it feels like 600. By the time I got out of the black smoke infested building and took my bunker gear off you could, I shit you not squeeze the sweat out of my shirt. They told us all to drink plenty of water before you go in and I did just that. So I guess that is was contributed to all that sweat.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
I'm towards the end of the B group on my Southwest flight. Might be difficult to get a spot in the overhead bin.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I went peak bagging this morning. Who decided that the peak should be put at the top of the mountain? Pain in the ass getting up there.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
My cleaning lady broke a giant ceramic elephant decoration, was my grandma's. :/

Seriously though she's breaks a lot of my stuff, it's someone I know so it's hard to fire her but I'm kinda getting annoyed. I noticed a chunk of plastic missing from one of my multimeters the other day and it was not like that before. It probably fell. I hear stuff fall all the time when she's cleaning.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
Flew to Kjevik Norway from London in FSX. Visibility was down to 2 miles and I did a manual ILS landing. Just watched the instruments with no runway in site and did a really good job. Wasn't until I landed that I realized I had forgotten to turn on my flipping landing lights at 10 thousand. SOB! I consider that a flawed landing. If I mess up once, the whole thing is jacked. I strive for perfection. Next time I'm not screwing up.

I so need a co-pilot.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
My cleaning lady broke a giant ceramic elephant decoration, was my grandma's. :/

Seriously though she's breaks a lot of my stuff, it's someone I know so it's hard to fire her but I'm kinda getting annoyed. I noticed a chunk of plastic missing from one of my multimeters the other day and it was not like that before. It probably fell. I hear stuff fall all the time when she's cleaning.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Went to Starbucks this morning craving iced coffee after a vigorous bike ride into work. I asked for "iced coffee" and when I got my order I realized it was sweetened iced coffee, which tastes terrible. I guess now you have to specify "unsweetened" when you order iced coffee from Starbucks. At what point in time did it become implicitly assumed that people want sweetener in their coffee?

FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005
My computer stopped registering mouse or keyboard input.
I booted into UEFI and saw my CPU was at 71°C. Heat sink had come loose.
It's done that in the past, soo I removed it and installed a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO.
CPU now stays around 36°C. Mouse and keyboard back in action. Life is good.

I was a bit late to work though.

FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005
I went peak bagging this morning. Who decided that the peak should be put at the top of the mountain? Pain in the ass getting up there.
Yeah but once you whip out your portable wind turbine/generator and charge up that phone, you'll be glad you have a little elevation.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
What a day. Went to Kroger (a large grocery chain) after work to purchase a few items and they messed up my debit cards twice (the story is too long to type, just say the POS (point of sale) system screwed up big time) and I will have to contact their IT/backroom office to straighten it out tomorrow. As if I do not have enough stuff to deal with.

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011
I slipped in the bath having a shower.i think my elbow is fucked.its my gf oil filled shampoo or such weirdness.i fucking hate injuries.injuries like this FACK,in the washing machine she goes.i kid kind of.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Stopped at walmart for some kitty litter, and a prepaid cell card. I thought I was gonna die of old age before I got out. I picked a line with an old woman cashier that must have been on valium to help cover up the stupid. Two highlights are the people in front of me had a flat of canned chopped tomato(six tins). The cashier hand counts the tins. One, two, three, four, five, six... HOLY SHIT!! 2*3!!! Come the fuck on!!! Then after ringing the order, she stops, blows her nose, then palms the snot paper while bagging the woman's groceries D^:

I'd have used the self checkout, but I'm not sure how that works with a prepaid card with a variable amount. I might have to find out. I definitely won't be going back to walmart on a Saturday.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I hate how Walmart has like 40 cash registers but only one is ever open. It almost reminds me of the fake grocery stores in North Korea except it's with cash registers. When you walk in and year all the beeping you're thinking "Great they have all these cashes it should go fast" but you get there with your stuff and spend an hour in line.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Just made coffee and sat down to relax. Found out I have to leave in half an hour. I knew there was something going on today but was hoping it would be closer to 5pm.

On th flip side I will see family that I have not seen in a while and we're having a BBQ.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
I slipped in the bath having a shower.i think my elbow is fucked.its my gf oil filled shampoo or such weirdness.i fucking hate injuries.injuries like this FACK,in the washing machine she goes.i kid kind of.
Well you're obviously the problem. You shower in the shower. And just don't put her into the dryer. The plastic won't hold up.

j/k kind of.;)

I hate how Walmart has like 40 cash registers but only one is ever open. It almost reminds me of the fake grocery stores in North Korea except it's with cash registers. When you walk in and year all the beeping you're thinking "Great they have all these cashes it should go fast" but you get there with your stuff and spend an hour in line.
Wally had a Christmas commercial when my kid was about 8. The register lights flashing to music..."More lanes open." He says, "Like that's gonna happen.":D

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011
Its still a bath with a shower thingy on top.just checked the washing machine,its all good.fast spin for you dive in.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Its still a bath with a shower thingy on top.just checked the washing machine,its all good.fast spin for you dive in.
I need the gentle cycle. Thanks.

Do you think you could add the massaging magic fingers too? I really like those.