What first world problem did you have today?

Page 496 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Left my earmuffs in the car last night + Left my house this morning without my car keys = me walking by my car spotting my ear muffs but not being able to get them out. I was too lazy to go back to the house so I continued walking to the train stop. My ears were freezing cold.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
I wrote a very detailed email to customer service and asked a simple question that I essentially already knew the answer to from googling... They fucking tell me to call them. Then why the fuck do you have an email address? This shit is legally admissible in a court. Why couldn't you write back or ask a god damn question if you needed more info?

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
had a $25 gift card to a grocery store.
bought $24 worth of stuff, thinking the 6% state sales tax would take care of the rest.

nope. for groceries, the sales tax is only 2.5%.
so I have $0.40 left on the gift card.

I threw it away anyway.
maybe I should have just given it to the person behind me to use?

oh well..

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
My snow blower keeps backfiring and staling as soon as it starts to process any decent amount of snow. I shoveled about 1cm worth of snow in the middle of my driveway so I can snow blow it in the yard and it kept stalling. Ended up having to do it by hand.

My garage is not heated so it would be very hard and uncomfortable to work on. Might have to try to find a servicing place that can pick it up.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I wrote a very detailed email to customer service and asked a simple question that I essentially already knew the answer to from googling... They fucking tell me to call them. Then why the fuck do you have an email address? This shit is legally admissible in a court. Why couldn't you write back or ask a god damn question if you needed more info?

Ugh that stuff pisses me off, it's almost as bad as stores that don't put prices on their website. Why the hell even bother trying to sell stuff if you can't at least let people see prices?

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Our Christmas tree is still up. No matter how many times a day I look at it, it seems to still be there the next day.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Ugh that stuff pisses me off, it's almost as bad as stores that don't put prices on their website. Why the hell even bother trying to sell stuff if you can't at least let people see prices?

Now they can say they have a "web presence"...

Anyway, called the dude, confirmed everything I assumed.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Ah, ran into that last year - blew out just after a snowstorm, soooooo cold! Upshot is my broken furnace was like 50% efficient & the new one is 80%, so it should save some bucks long-term.
You definitely will. With my old furnace I had to have a 500 gallon underground oil tank. With the new one, I can go most of the winter with a 275 gallon indoor tank. I fill it maybe twice per year. Once about a month or two after the heating season starts and again about a month or two before it ends.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
The Wii U tablet turned on on its own to shamelessly plug an upcoming Nintendo game while I'm trying to watch a movie. Had to google how to disable it and fool around for five whole minutes by the time everything was sad and done. Fucking Nintendo. I have to move the tablet 50ft away as it is just to have it turn off and not use the battery while I game on the fucking pro controller because they won't let me just game with the tablet off.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
The Wii U tablet turned on on its own to shamelessly plug an upcoming Nintendo game while I'm trying to watch a movie. Had to google how to disable it and fool around for five whole minutes by the time everything was sad and done. Fucking Nintendo. I have to move the tablet 50ft away as it is just to have it turn off and not use the battery while I game on the fucking pro controller because they won't let me just game with the tablet off.

lol that scares the crap out of me every time it happens. I don't play the Wii a lot, but sometimes it just happens to do it when I'm near it. It makes a sound too.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003

First time I turned on the U, I went into settings and disabled all that crap. By default the Wii U is just a glorified cash register. That YOU have to pay for. Makes me wonder about the name.

And have you seen the Xbone? Holy crap! I feel ripped off. They should give those things away for free considering all the sales they try to push thru it.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I hate what modern game consoles have become really. I'm not a big gamer but to me the NES and SNES are the gold standard of what a console should be. A stand alone gaming device that you plug in, and it just works. No stupid account BS, no updates, no trying to sell you DLC - it just plain works.

Consoles now are basically just glorified computers with proprietary OSes.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
My old 47" 1080P died in the front room, sorting through a good comparable 50-55" 4K UHD for a replacement with Roku for $500 bucks.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
I hate what modern game consoles have become really. I'm not a big gamer but to me the NES and SNES are the gold standard of what a console should be. A stand alone gaming device that you plug in, and it just works. No stupid account BS, no updates, no trying to sell you DLC - it just plain works.

Consoles now are basically just glorified computers with proprietary OSes.

My brother just bought a game, was super excited to play it, and had to wait for 45 GIGS of updates to download before he could even start playing :p

Reactions: MongGrel

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
It's 48F now and suppose to be 54F, but it's breezy. I hate the wind. It's like God farting on you constantly and I fucking hate it!

Murloc

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2008
from my browsing experience it's usually companies that are used to making quotes when they receive requests rather than selling stuff like a supermarket.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
When I see products that request a quote on, I know it's gonna cost a pretty penny and I just skip right by it and do my research to get an indication on how much that particular item costs.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Just saw a great quality dashcam video from a Garmin cam. So, I found the dashcam I want but have no car to put it in because I don't drive anymore.

Reactions: Charmonium