What first world problem did you have today?

Page 380 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Found them...

SzdMhZu.jpg

It appears I owe the cat an apology. I fell asleep early last evening, and woke up at ~12am with a sore throat, and not geeling too great. Probably from being in the shitty hot MD air yesterday. I made myself a cup of instant miso soup with Tabasco. Made my throat feel better. My glasses were on the table next to my cup :^/

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
My 2 Mega Millions ticket did not win a single number, not even one.

And the central AC is acting up, right at the hottest time of the year.

And I can't find the discount coupon to take my vehicle for routine maintenance.

And...well, that's all ...for now.

runzwithsizorz

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002
PSA, and A RANT!
Bought something at Amazon, but the vendor/seller almost immediately cancelled the sale because they were out of stock. Still, Amazon put a
hold on my bank account for the purchase price for 12 days. I called the same day and told them about it. They said they were aware the cancellation, and the hold/sale pending, would be taken down soon. A week later, I called again, the guy on phone sympathized, and tried to help, but could not.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Having trouble finding specific items for sale in my country... Then I look on Amazon and it's 50% cheaper and in stock from Amazon. Swear to god, I'm moving within walking distance of the border if I win the lottery.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
My totally-free Internet service just increased from 60 Mbps to 150 Mbps. The Ookla SpeedTest.net app on my current-gen Apple TV measures 147 Mbps on wireless. It only measures 93 Mbps on a wired connection.

The wired connection on the current-gen Apple TV is not Gigabit. It supports only 100 Mbps max. :(

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Watching TV and the character is supposed to be American and a redhead. She is neither in real-life!

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Went to the store earlier today and the lottery screen said PowerBall jackpot was about $311 million and I did not play because the jackpot was "too small" (hangover from the $540 million of Mega Millions). Will wait until it is bout $500 million or higher.

Last edited:

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Have an interview Tuesday. Going to a hair stylist tomorrow to chop off my long flowing hair into something "professional". :(

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
They stopped making Maxx Scoop cat litter, now I have to try new brands until I find one that does not smell like ass. Most of them have scent crap added to them and you end up smelling that throughout the whole house. Smell travels less at lower temperatures, so been using the A/C to try to kill the smell as best as I can. Cleaning it does not help, as it's the litter itself that smells, not the poop. They had another brand that came in a big plastic jug like container, I will try that one next time.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
They stopped making Maxx Scoop cat litter, now I have to try new brands until I find one that does not smell like ass. Most of them have scent crap added to them and you end up smelling that throughout the whole house. Smell travels less at lower temperatures, so been using the A/C to try to kill the smell as best as I can. Cleaning it does not help, as it's the litter itself that smells, not the poop. They had another brand that came in a big plastic jug like container, I will try that one next time.

Arm & Hammer Clump&Seal. It's amazing.

It's from a newer class of super clumping stuff. I never smell poop.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Have an interview Tuesday. Going to a hair stylist tomorrow to chop off my long flowing hair into something "professional". :(
I feel your pain. I've been growing my hair for a couple of years now and it would suck to have to cut it now. I keep it tied back, but it would still suck.

On the plus side, washing and general maintenance is a whole lot easier.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Arm & Hammer Clump&Seal. It's amazing.

It's from a newer class of super clumping stuff. I never smell poop.

That's actually the one I got, but the smell of the litter itself is unbearable and strong.

Well I imagine they make lot of different brands, I always try to find any that says "scent free" as I know for sure it will be ok, but they don't always say that.

Think I'm going to go ahead and switch it out now, I was going to wait till it's due, but I'm off all week, I may as well just get it done so I don't have to smell that all day.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Well I returned Star Fox Zero and got a refund... to an Ebay gift card apparently that I had since used up and discarded. I can't remember the number to it now and am out forty bucks. Damn. Completely forgot I used a gift card for the game. I might better have kept the game, damaged box and all.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
That's actually the one I got, but the smell of the litter itself is unbearable and strong.

Well I imagine they make lot of different brands, I always try to find any that says "scent free" as I know for sure it will be ok, but they don't always say that.

Think I'm going to go ahead and switch it out now, I was going to wait till it's due, but I'm off all week, I may as well just get it done so I don't have to smell that all day.

Not all Arm & Hammer is "Clump 'N' Seal." I don't recall it being scented at all but I know they do make more than one kind.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Not all Arm & Hammer is "Clump 'N' Seal." I don't recall it being scented at all but I know they do make more than one kind.

Yeah there is only one kind at the grocery store I was at but I do know they make all sorts as I've seen multiple kind at other places. I ended up just getting a generic brand that says "unscented". See how that goes.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Spent a day researching game recording programs and worried about how they'd destroy my 6 year old system... Tried Bandicam, works perfectly, almost no performance hit -- mainly because I jacked the recording quality down. Now just gotta register it and hope I don't receive any copyright notices on YouTube.

I'm extra annoyed because I've had so many work-related problems that I could have solved so easily in the past with a screen recorder.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Spent over an hour trying to figure out why my micro controller was acting all screwy. Turns out that's what happens when you go over the 1k memory limit, and apparently that is easier to do than I had thought. I stole the chip off an arduino as it has more memory. :p Though I found an area where I was using lot of memory so I'll swap back to the other chip after to see if it works.

Turns out static strings in code use memory too, there's a special F() function you have to use to force it to use flash only.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Awwwww, that's sweet. Amazon sent me a product safety notice because I bought the item from them. It was cake mix recalled due to e.coli.

That was like a year ago and thousands of dumps ago.

Feb 25, 2011
Awwwww, that's sweet. Amazon sent me a product safety notice because I bought the item from them. It was cake mix recalled due to e.coli.

That was like a year ago and thousands of dumps ago.
Thousands? In a year?

Dude.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
My week off is going by too fast.

Seriously though, WTF is it with time going by so fast these days? I feel I never have enough time to do anything. Blink, and weeks are gone.