What first world problem did you have today?

Page 350 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Long day, long night. Trying to take a nap. Bird outside is mimicing my neighbor's car alarm. I need to find that guy from Failure to Launch with the BB gun :mad:

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
The new next door neighbor comes over with her mouthy assed dog, and asks if I live there(getting ready to start shit is what she was doing). When I said "yes", the air coming out of her self righteous balloon was perceptible. I don't like her already. I'll reserve final judgment for later. Maybe I misread her.

Given your location, there is a good chance your neighbor is a witch. Or maybe a transplant from Kansas, given the dog.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Long day, long night. Trying to take a nap. Bird outside is mimicing my neighbor's car alarm. I need to find that guy from Failure to Launch with the BB gun :mad:

Lol I have a similar issue, every day at around 6pm there is a car horn that goes off, not really a car alarm, but just someone beeping the horn and holding it for 1-2 seconds. It happens maybe every minute for about 15-30 minutes. I can't really figure out where it's coming from but it's close enough. If it does not stop in a few weeks I'll probably call the non emergency police number as a noise complaint but not really sure what they'll be able to do. I'm not one to make complaints for stuff people do on their own property, I actually hate people who do that, but something this persistent gets quite annoying.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
There's another effing debate on TV. How many debates does one need to make a choice for a primary/caucus?

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I'm actually quite tired of hearing and seeing US election stuff on TV. I don't understand why they drag it out so much. Even our elections were too long. It should be 1 month, that's it. It's crazy to think of all the money that gets put into that too. Millions of dollars.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
I'm actually quite tired of hearing and seeing US election stuff on TV. I don't understand why they drag it out so much. Even our elections were too long. It should be 1 month, that's it. It's crazy to think of all the money that gets put into that too. Millions of dollars.

It's billions... Many billions.

Supposedly, the long process really tests and prepares candidates. If you survive a year long election process, you must be really tough and really want it. The people must also like you.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001

You are mistaking party machinations for elections. I can declare the CZroe party and decide on my nominee (me?) however I want and I can start as early as I want and take as long as I want, as long as I have decided in time for the actual election. The parties run the government, not the other way around.

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004
Left water in my water bottle and the security bitch at JFK made it seem like it was an RPG. Had to go back out, dump it, and get screened again. The entire line felt my pain as I poured the H2O into the trash can.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Left water in my water bottle and the security bitch at JFK made it seem like it was an RPG. Had to go back out, dump it, and get screened again. The entire line felt my pain as I poured the H2O into the trash can.

Been there bro - "can't I just pour this out?" -"no"

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
My upper left molar started hurting when biting down during dinner, kinda hurts now when I bite down. Really hope nothing's busted because I don't want to pay for it right now -- I can, I don't want to.

Edit: Son of a bitch. My Quebecois Les Simpsons dub doesn't have captions.

Last edited:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I'm trying to just chill at work as it's usually quiet at night, but seems everybody likes to wait till after hours on a Friday to report all these weird data troubles. I can't find any techs because it's well, Friday night. Why do people always wait till the last minute to report troubles. Your lack of planing is not my emergency.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
My 32 GB USB key I use for backing up my computer (manually) is almost full. Now I need a bigger one that hopefully doesn't suck and can do better than 5 MB/s (?) on USB 2.0 slots. I want to cut myself when backing up anything over 100 MB.

Edit: Searching Amazon for new keys, seeing a lot of metal cased ones but way too many complaints about them getting hot enough to burn fingers.

I was going to ask why they were so hot, but I got an idea: too damn small with no surface area and internals crammed together.

Last edited:

rga

Nov 9, 2011
Took a shit at the hospital. Didn't realize how high the water in the bowl was and dunked my hand in it the first time I went to wipe my ass.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Given your location, there is a good chance your neighbor is a witch. Or maybe a transplant from Kansas, given the dog.

Funny you say that. She looks like a fatter, more dour version of Sheldon's girlfriend from Big Bang Theory. IOW, rather witch like :^D

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Got home from night shift and co detector was going off. I keep forgetting to replace it, its expired. Too sleepy to go buy a new one now. I could call fire dept but don't want to be charged for what is more than likely a false alarm. 3 beeps means replace unit, so I'll bank on that. :p

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Got home from night shift and co detector was going off. I keep forgetting to replace it, its expired. Too sleepy to go buy a new one now. I could call fire dept but don't want to be charged for what is more than likely a false alarm. 3 beeps means replace unit, so I'll bank on that. :p

Your lack of planning in not replacing the battery regularly is not their emergency.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Took a shit at the hospital. Didn't realize how high the water in the bowl was and dunked my hand in it the first time I went to wipe my ass.
You wipe sitting down? It's always baffled me that people would ever reach blindly *into* a toilet, but I've known that they do since an ancient thread where someone was asking what direction you wipe in. The world is full of weirdos.

Last edited:

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
It's an AC powered one. But actual sensor goes bad after a while. Going to buy two today. Should really have more than one anyway. One by furnace and one near bedroom.
How long does the sensor last for? We have one of those that plugs into the outlet.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
You wipe sitting down? It's always baffled me that people would ever reach blindly *into* a toilet, but I've known that they do since an ancient thread where someone was asking what direction you wipe in. The world is full of weirdos.

You let your butt cheeks close before you clean in between? o_O

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
You let your butt cheeks close before you clean in between? o_O

No. I prepare the paper lift off the toilet, and wipe while squatted (not sitting). I sit back down and prepare another if there is need. Reaching under my junk and/or touching the toilet seat with my hands where perfectly avoidable does not make sense to me, but it seems that a lot of people do it for some reason.

We had a thread about this. :colbert:

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
The US needs to get out of the stone age and start using bidet toilet seats. Water blasts your ass clean instead of trying to wipe it with your own hands. Then we wouldn't have these problems...