What first world problem did you have today?

Page 32 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
The bus had to turn around so I had to hop on the streetcar that just arrived.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Saturday I flew first class to Taiwan and I ordered the pork, but they didn't have any. I had to settle for the braised beef :(

I did get 5000 miles because I had to choose twice however

Last edited:

JackBurton

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
The fifth iPhone 5 for my household is delayed until tomorrow :(

I have a similar problem, I have an iPhone 5 I have in a drawer that I haven't used since I replaced my wife and my phone with iPhone 5S's. Trying to find some use for it. Maybe for working out so I don't get my 5S sweaty? I just don't know.

WackyDan

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
I stopped and looked at new travel trailers/RV's. Selling my Basic toy hauler and getting dedicated travel trailer and a dedicated utility trailer.

Waiting till end of year to get last years model though.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Saturday I flew first class to Taiwan and I ordered the pork, but they didn't have any. I had to settle for the braised beef :(

I did get 5000 miles because I had to choose twice however
Grats on your trip...sucks on the pork. Pork sucker.

Biking, hit a bump and my odometer quits. Stop and fix it...hit a bump...repeat. Had to hot glue the magnet when I got home.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
My TiVo remote doesn't work correctly any more. I have have multiple alternatives to control the TiVo (iPod touch 5th generation 64GB, iPhone 5s 64GB, iPad mini Retina LTE 32GB, and Philips Prestigo SRU 8008, or telnet commands over my home network); but the alternatives are all clunky / inferior.

May 11, 2008
Since yesterday i started jogging again. I started with a starting scheme of alternating 5 minutes jogging with 5 minutes fast pace walking. I have sore legs and a sore back from that 14km. But at least i started again yesterday and i went today also. ^_^
Furthermore, there is no booze in my system.

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
Since yesterday i started jogging again. I started with a starting scheme of alternating 5 minutes jogging with 5 minutes fast pace walking. I have sore legs and a sore back from that 14km. But at least i started again yesterday and i went today also. ^_^
Furthermore, there is no booze in my system.

do that shit with a drink in your hand and I will join ya.

then again since we would be drinking we wold have to jog lightly taking many rests at bars.

May 11, 2008
do that shit with a drink in your hand and I will join ya.

then again since we would be drinking we wold have to jog lightly taking many rests at bars.

I noticed cyclists do it the best way, travel in a group for (a total of) large distances, and every 10 km or so visit a restaurant with a terrace. Have a drink and relax... And go for the next 10 km.

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
I noticed cyclists do it the best way, travel in a group for (a total of) large distances, and every 10 km or so visit a restaurant with a terrace. Have a drink and relax... And go for the next 10 km.

the great book Hemingway never wrote

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
My leg touched the outer part of the toilet seat. The damn toilet paper shifted when I sat down. FML. Wish I had a hole to squat over in the ground...

No you fucking don't. I deal with an outhouse once a month for a week at a time. It's horrible. I literally have nightmares about it. No joke.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
No you fucking don't. I deal with an outhouse once a month for a week at a time. It's horrible. I literally have nightmares about it. No joke.
Watch out for big spiders :biggrin:

Sorry might have made it worse now.

wabbitslayer

Dec 2, 2012
Started making a GIGANTIC protein/almond milk/peanut butter/banana shake for breakfast using the last of pretty much every ingredient.. used a disposable plastic spoon to put the peanut butter in and accidentally dropped it into the running blender where it turned into a thousand shards.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Started making a GIGANTIC protein/almond milk/peanut butter/banana shake for breakfast using the last of pretty much every ingredient.. used a disposable plastic spoon to put the peanut butter in and accidentally dropped it into the running blender where it turned into a thousand shards.
That sucks.

skimple

Golden Member
Feb 4, 2005
Was jonesing for some Andy Capp Hot Fries, but the convenience store didn't have any. Had to get Spicy Nacho Dorritos.

Grumpy.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
The asshole construction contractor who's been working at the same damn house for the 4th year straight -- gotta take on more than you can chew and ration the work -- blocked off the sidewalk in front of me, forcing me onto the road...