What first world problem did you have today?

Page 190 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Recently bought a new bottle of vitamin D... Just found the second bottle I bought about a year ago and it's about to expire in August. Could have saved $5:(.

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004
after being in training all last week, I came back to way too many emails to process on a Monday morning. Should have spiked the coffee....

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
Stayed up all night playing video games. Now i'm going to have to nap instead of go to work.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Some idiot jay walked less than 150 feet from a cross walk. He got hit by a car and died.

It was right by one of the busiest intersections in town and pretty much the only way people take to get to the airport. Traffic was screwed in all 4 directions, whole intersection was shut down and I had to drive a mile out of my way and lost 20 minutes.

poofyhairguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2005
My property tax estimate came in and its a 18% increase of value in a year. That state doesn't allow any increase greater than 10% in a year on a homestead, so that means about half the increase is capped. But that is also kinda bad news because I means I cannot contest the value because even if I could reduce it I couldn't reduce it enough to get under the cap.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Airfares are too damn high. A musical group I like announced a concert in a far away town. Airfares are too damn high. The world is awash in cheap jet fuel but airfares are too damn high. The rage induced by driving I-5 is still too fresh to contemplate doing it again. Airfares are too damn high.

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004
Airfares are too damn high. A musical group I like announced a concert in a far away town. Airfares are too damn high. The world is awash in cheap jet fuel but airfares are too damn high. The rage induced by driving I-5 is still too fresh to contemplate doing it again. Airfares are too damn high.

I could not agree more. The lady and myself have 4 weddings to go to this year. Two are back-to-back weekends conveniently at peak season (end of July) and halfway across the country from one another (Salt Lake City & St. Pete Beach). For the price of the tickets to Utah, you would have thought we're flying to Europe. I'm gonna have to take out a mortgage to fund all these weddings that aren't even mine. :colbert:

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
I have to wait 3 days for the Bank of Canada to have a noon exchange rate for 3 days from now so I can finish updating my taxes -- trade settlement date.

ussfletcher

Platinum Member
Apr 16, 2005
I've been following the police scanner and news reports of the Baltimore Riots, because I'm like a mile south of where most of the action has been occurring. I'm not sure that this isn't really a third world problem though..

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Tried to view an "important message" in my bank's web interface but they must have changed something because now it uses some retarded Adobe PDF plugin, which of course, does not work in Linux. I hope the message is not too important. Seriously though, why the hell do people code shit like that. Just stick to html FFS. Pisses me off.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
my cat is laying on top of all the blankets in the bed, so I can't cover my legs :(

(which are freezing cold, since I'm wearing shorts and a knee immobilizer for the next 4-6 weeks thanks to last week's knee surgery)

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999

And if the rates are lower, it's because they are waiting to sodomize you with "value added" fees. Checked luggage? $50. Carry on bag? $25. Blanket? $2. Need to use the bathroom? That'll be a $3 flush tax.