What do you say when activists say "All white people are racist"?

GettyRoad

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2016
If you are a nonracist white person, what are you supposed to do with that information?

Tsinni Dave

Mar 1, 2022
If you are a nonracist white person, what are you supposed to do with that information?
If you were a non-racist white person, you'd consider their viewpoint in a historical, financial and societal context and maybe even consider who was living on the territory you now call America before there was that whole genocide of indigenous peoples thing and all that slavery stuff?

edit - you'd also probably not argue that the texture and appearance of someone's hair means they aren't of the human species.

Reactions: Pohemi and dank69

GettyRoad

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2016
I say I'm not a Republican, so it's possible I'm not.
Dems and Independents are racial too, it's not only Republicans, and very few Republicans are...if they were, they won't be working in minority cities as firefighters and cops and sanitation workers mingling with people like that on a day to day basis. They'd apply, get hired and work in their hometowns.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Dems and Independents are racial too, it's not only Republicans, and very few Republicans are...if they were, they won't be working in minority cities as firefighters and cops and sanitation workers mingling with people like that on a day to day basis. They'd apply, get hired and work in their hometowns.
I never said Democrats or Independents were never like that. It's like you're reading somebody else's post.

But to be a member of today's Republican party you're basically supporting racism. just look at Nikki Haley the other week, get a clue bro. The base is racist and the GQP message is racist.

As far as hiring people, there are of course varying levels of all this, But in general, you don't think racists hire non white people? I mean that's one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever seen.

Let me tell you and because I've seen this straight to my face, White business owners with largely black staff, The second they get out of earshot of their staff it's fucking n this and fucking n that.

You lack significant clues about how anything in this world functions.

Reactions: Meghan54

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Who cares. I don't talk to "activists" nor engage anyone on social media. People are out to make a buck and they'll say anything, from making up some miracle snake oil cure to claiming vaccines cause saggy balls to anything else that will get people to click on them.

Drach

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2022
My god, it's full of stars!
xl1XYq8.jpg

Tsinni Dave

Mar 1, 2022
The thing I miss most from my time on mainland Canada is getting more than 12 clear night skies in a year. Freezing your ass off to appreciate it for 7 months of the year less so.

Reactions: Leeea

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
"What do you say when activists say "All white people are racist"? "

I'd tell them that whether it's true or not, GettyRoad is a pointless thread-making idiot.

Q: Does that mean that GettyRoad is a pointless idiot who makes threads? Or an idiot who makes pointless threads?

A: Yes

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Republicans is where the racism problem lies. How do you explain getting caught in court racist gerrymandering to disenfranchise black constituents?

How do you explain Republicans associating with white nationalists?

Go ahead explain it.

Show me the Democrats associating with anti white groups

Explain it

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
without a doubt there is racism among dems. many of us have implicit bias which was bred into us by the racist American system. I know of my implicit bias, it was not learned in my household.

but the republicans embody racism. i mean it's part of their platform. the southern strategy was admitted to by the chair of the republican party just twenty years ago, and now you have major candidates can't even tell their voters the civil war was about slavery. the republican party is a racist party in its core values.

GettyRoad

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2016
without a doubt there is racism among dems. many of us have implicit bias which was bred into us by the racist American system. I know of my implicit bias, it was not learned in my household.

but the republicans embody racism. i mean it's part of their platform. the southern strategy was admitted to by the chair of the republican party just twenty years ago, and now you have major candidates can't even tell their voters the civil war was about slavery. the republican party is a racist party in its core values.
Okay, good. Do you believe Blacks, Asians have implicit bias as well or only white people have this societal problem?

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000

Trump made it all good and told the folks that run the GOP that hey, y'all come on out from the closet and own it because it gets all of the white racists in the nation to unify under the party's battle flag and vote like they got a purpose. They are the Party of Racists despite the fact that some of them aren't. It's just that those that aren't racists are still voting like they are.

Reactions: Meghan54 and Pohemi

GettyRoad

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2016
Trump made it all good and told the folks that run the GOP that hey, y'all come on out from the closet and own it because it gets all of the white racists in the nation to unify under the party's battle flag and vote like they got a purpose. They are the Party of Racists despite the fact that some of them aren't. It's just that those that aren't racists are still voting like they are.
Voting for a property tax cut or a income tax cut/elimination, deregulation, boost in police budget, etc. is not racist......

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi