What contact lenses do you wear?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cjmtfd102401

Feb 11, 2006
Originally posted by: totalcommand
is there a way to get temporary lenses once your contact lens prescription runs out? I ran out, and haven't had time to go get a new prescription so i can order more.

No, not legally atleast.

Xenon

Oct 16, 1999
I wear the Night/Days. For the most part they are great. I was told that they are definately the best available contacts for your eyes. Even the doctor wore them himself.

There is a slight issue that I occasionally have though. The edges seem to be pretty sharp on the lenses and if they can be a bother if they aren't perfectly on your eye. That doesn't happen too often though and I'm pretty sure I will renew the prescription with them when I'm out.

Metron

Golden Member
Oct 16, 2003
Originally posted by: wanmichael
Originally posted by: cRazYdood
I really like my night and days. They sure aren't cheap though.

Do you truly leave 'em in for the full 30 days?

My eye doctor highly recommends them, and they truly are incredibly comfortable.

I have, though typically after a week or two I take them out overnight and wash them. That extends the "life" to about 2 months of wear. YMMV

L

Lola

i have the night/day ones and i am not sure if i like them or not. they are very easy and comfortable, but it seems like they get more build-up on them

thecritic

Sep 5, 2004
Anyone use O2Optix?

I notice that O2Optix/AcuVue Oasys only covers in one base curve...really an issue? TIA.

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
Oasys hands down.

I have been wearing contacts for almost 20 years now and have tried all different brands and after a long stint on Acuvue2, my eyes have never felt more comfortable, and no night time blurring. They are expensive, but they are the best on the market and the only kind with this new material my opthamologist was explaining to me.

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
Originally posted by: F22 Raptor
Oasys hands down.

I have been wearing contacts for almost 20 years now and have tried all different brands and after a long stint on Acuvue2, my eyes have never felt more comfortable, and no night time blurring. They are expensive, but they are the best on the market and the only kind with this new material my opthamologist was explaining to me.

You should be able to get a couple different brands for free after your exam. Samples, anyway. Make your own decisions on which one feel best.

Apr 16, 2003
Originally posted by: wanmichael
Anyone use O2Optix?
Yes - I wore 1 day Acuvue for the last 10 years and just changed to O2Optix at my doctors recommendation (more Oxygen to the eye). They are great although I change them every 2 weeks (my insurance covers at least this many lenses so I don't have to push it the full month)
I notice that O2Optix/AcuVue Oasys only covers in one base curve...really an issue? TIA.
Not for me.... I took the larger base curve size of the Acuvues - and never had any problems with them but they were noticibly more comfortable than the other 1 day lenses I tried (Focus Dailies etc).
These o2 optix are as comfortable as the 1 day acuvues - just put in an eyedrop morning and night to hydrate and that is it. (I use Blinx drops - my doctor also recommends Soothe even though they are not FDA approved for use with lenses)

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
Originally posted by: Kelvrick
Originally posted by: F22 Raptor
Oasys hands down.

You should be able to get a couple different brands for free after your exam. Samples, anyway. Make your own decisions on which one feel best.

Exactly, every eye is different. But, don't down the Oasys's just because they are expensive, I think it's worth it.

mooncancook

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
I use Focus daily before, then I switched to AcuVue 1 day. AcuVues are better IMO because it's so much easier to remove. Also I had damaged lenses a couple times with Focus daily, but none with AcuVue so far.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
my old contacts were Focus (one normal, one Toric for astigmatism), but they were too tight fitting and my eyes got to REALLY hate them.
i am on my second or third new trial pair, cannot remember the brand, but this pair the axis is off for my right eye (astigmatic).
its a smallish optomotrist and they never had Acuvue, but they recently ordered. I almost want to ask after they get this new pair in, if they have Acuvue so I can go ahead and try them.

Brentx

Jun 15, 2005
I use the Acuvue Oasys. I forget that they are even in my eye during the day. My eye doctor told me he wears them also, which is why he always recommends them to patients that they will fit with, since they only come in one size I guess.

I would definately go with the Oasys's. Try em out though, cause every eye is different.

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
Originally posted by: Brentx
I use the Acuvue Oasys. I forget that they are even in my eye during the day. My eye doctor told me he wears them also, which is why he always recommends them to patients that they will fit with, since they only come in one size I guess.

I would definately go with the Oasys's. Try em out though, cause every eye is different.

They come in all sizes, he meant if you needed toric lenses.