What can they do in an ER for pain????? UPDATE: Emergency Room Morphine SHOT DOES (almost) NOTHING!!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
Originally posted by: EvilYoda
Originally posted by: Deleted member 4644
The guy who fvcked me is an endo. Ughhhhh

I'm not quite sure why, but I found that statement absolutely hilarious. Almost quotable, even.

Maybe...

Yep, it made it. :D

D

Deleted member 4644

The guy who fvcked me is an endo. Ughhhhh

I'm not quite sure why, but I found that statement absolutely hilarious. Almost quotable, even.

Maybe...

Yep, it made it. :D

hahaha thank you sir! this shit im on is pretty good. Pain is still HIRROIBLE, but at least i feel kind of funny.

Sphexi

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2005
I had a similar problem months back, shoddy fillings had fallen out, exposing the root, and rather than go through a root canal and a crown (expensive) I just had em yank the tooth. Took 20 minutes, minimal pain, and best of all, cheap! I don't even notice anymore.

gsethi

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2002
Oh god, what can they do in an ER for pain??

Chop your fingers..atleast, then you wont be able to express your pain on ATOT and for us, you will not be having any more pain ;)

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
uhhh

New update What can they do in an ER for pain?? It is fvcking BADD HHHGHHHHHHHHH

DEAR GOD. STOP THE PAIN.

I have the worst fucking pain in my lower right molar. Dentist looked at it a couple months ago for similar but less intense pain and said there didnt seem to be an infection. Doctor looked at me and said I probably grind and have TMJ.

Anyone have this? Was it TMJ or an infection?

Update: Time for a root canal!!! There is no active infection, but a past infection has exposed a tiny opening in the root into the nerve space. OWEEEEEEIEEEE

Lesson for the kiddies: get your wisdom teeth out early!!!!

UPDATE: the root canal was around 4pm today, but it somehow failed. Once the local wore off, the pain got worse and worse each hour. A doctor friend prescribed Codine and antibiotics (which my dentist had neglected to do), but the pain is EASILY cutting through the codine. FVCK ME FVCK THE DENTIST. AHAHHAHAHHHHHAHAHHHHHHHHMMMMMM FVCK THIS.

"Member, Anandtech Student Bar Association "

SUE!!!!

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
There is a lesson to be learned here. Don't neglect your teeth and you won't get to the point where you need a root canal or have to suffer in pain like this guy.

Hope you find a way to get out of pain soon OP. You never did answer my question about whether the root canal was being done in a wisdom tooth. If so, you most likely should have had the tooth extracted.

aircooled

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Originally posted by: moshquerade
There is a lesson to be learned here. Don't neglect your teeth and you won't get to the point where you need a root canal or have to suffer in pain like this guy.

Hope you find a way to get out of pain soon OP. You never did answer my question about whether the root canal was being done in a wisdom tooth. If so, you most likely should have had the tooth extracted.

Agreed, I surely wouldn't suffer through a root canal on a wisdom tooth. I'm surprised his dentist didn't suggest extraction if it is one.

D

Deleted member 4644

Wasn't in wisdom teeth. Just a regular molar that was apparently damaged by the wisdom teeth and/or their extration.

Just had a morphine shot 2 hurs ago. Pain is burning through that 100% now. This is Hell on Earth. Dental Surgery in 2 hours I hope.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001

Wasn't in wisdom teeth. Just a regular molar that was apparently damaged by the wisdom teeth and/or their extration.

Just had a morphine shot 2 hurs ago. Pain is burning through that 100% now. This is Hell on Earth. Dental Surgery in 2 hours I hope.
So it's in a 2nd molar then. Well extracting that won't be so bad since the wisdom tooth behind it is gone, correct?

I usually don't advocate pulling teeth unless all alternatives are exhausted. It seems to me you should just get the sucka out.

Adul

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
danny.tangtam.com
man up sissy boy :p

but seriously it does a hurt a lot, but I took no medication to numb the pain. I guess I have a high pain threshold.

imported_Baloo

Golden Member
Feb 2, 2006
Is this a joke? You don't go to the emergency room for a tooth problem, you go to a dentist.

I call shens.

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
When I had surgery on my wrist, I got two intravenous shots of Demerol, which worked for about an hour till they wore off. I've never had morphine, so I can't really compare the two.

All I know is that it looked like the world was on fire when I left the hospital.