What are your odd talents?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Black88GTA

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2003
Originally posted by: sygyzy
Originally posted by: Black88GTA
I don't have any weird talents :(.

My brother can say ANY word backwards without even thinking about it. You give him a word - any word - complexity, length, etc. doesn't matter. He'll instantly say it back to you in reverse :Q. It's actually kind of disturbing. If you take the time to sound out the word backwards (everyone else has to think about it) he's ALWAYS right.

Oh, and my other brother can beatbox like a mfer. He's won like 2 local talent competitions and has been on public access TV here doing it :D.

Can you make a mp3 of you throwing words at your brother and him saying it backwards?

Not at the moment :(. I'm at school and he's still back home, about 70 miles from here. I only visit there about once a month. Otherwise, I'd record it and post it here.

Jfrag Teh Foul

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Originally posted by: TallBill
I can lick my nose and chin... I can put both feet behind my head. I can rotate both wrists 360 degrees so my hand returns to perfect orientation.

Some of my favorite women exhibit some similar attributes.

Jhill

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by: sygyzy
Originally posted by: Black88GTA
I don't have any weird talents :(.

My brother can say ANY word backwards without even thinking about it. You give him a word - any word - complexity, length, etc. doesn't matter. He'll instantly say it back to you in reverse :Q. It's actually kind of disturbing. If you take the time to sound out the word backwards (everyone else has to think about it) he's ALWAYS right.

Oh, and my other brother can beatbox like a mfer. He's won like 2 local talent competitions and has been on public access TV here doing it :D.

Can you make a mp3 of you throwing words at your brother and him saying it backwards?

That reminds me of a game we used to play. Record and small sentence in sound recorder. Then play it backwards and memorize it. Then try to say it backwards and record it and then reverse it and see how close you can get.

bradruth

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
I don't really have any odd talents. I can do a number of impressions (George Bush Sr., Jimmy Stewart, Harry Carey, Arnold Schwarzeneggar, Bill Cosby, Jessie Ventura, etc.), but that's not really strange...

FungusFeet

Aug 11, 2003
Originally posted by: jntdesign
i can replicate the sound of a watter dripping

i caught 5 of the 6 in one hand without cutting myself

And the last one stabbed you in the foot?

SpiderX

Golden Member
Jan 16, 2002
Originally posted by: Rudee
I proudly hold my pee-pee with all 4 fingers while going to the bathroom. :D

Unfortunately, I end up peeing on 3 of them. :frown:

That made me laugh out loud for some strange reason.

Dec 28, 2001
I have a knack for learning things . . ..

I caln also "speed sketch".

Lesee, I cal also touch the insides of my elbow . . . with the inside of my opposite elbow (double-jointed)!

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
When someone tells me they bought something, my first question is always how much did you pay?

Then I proceed to inform them that they could have saved $xx if they had ... :)

melly

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
I can speak five languages. That's not really odd, is it?

Um, lemme see what else...I have heightened intuition, it's very freaky/scary.

Oh and I give great massages. Again, not so odd...

virtuamike

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2000
Originally posted by: waggy
Originally posted by: StormRider
I can lie flat on my stomach on the ground with a full erection -- yes, it's that small...

i had that same problem until i tried this! yes i went from 1/2 inch to 9 inches! It saved my marriage! my wife has never been happier! my Girlfriend is happy! the sheep out on the farm arnt though i think its to big for them. but the cow loves it!

yes friends my life has never been better! i have self-confidence! I can make a tent without the pole!

I do no-handed pushups with mine. Beat that.

simms

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2001
I can eat food by catching it in my mouth when I toss it upwards in the air. I'm talking anywhere from an upward toss of 2-10 feet.