What are you playing nowadays? Share yo' thoughts.

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
- Its starting to sound like too much game.
You don't have to do all of it. As a matter of fact, if you keep doing sidequests you'll be over-leveled for main story content (that was my experience, anyway). Towards the end of my playthrough I moved onto the next main story quest before I got too far ahead in levels, I think there's plenty of meat there to be savored in a single 100 hour playthrough (and TBH you could probably finish sooner if you wanted). I didn't touch either of the DLCs (which I own), I was ready to move onto another game by that point, not sure if I'll ever be back to it.

Reactions: GodisanAtheist

Sam25

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2008
Been hooked to playing STRAY for the last couple of days. The game gives me very cool cyberpunk vibes along with bringing back elements of Deus Ex games from the past.

Controls are smooth and the exploration is so much fun and rewarding. Having a good time playing through this. :)

Reactions: bigi and DAPUNISHER

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
LOL just subscribed to PC Game Pass so I could try out MS Flight Simulator, installed it, and got hit with a 121GB update before I can even play it. :mad:

Guess I'll take a nap while it updates

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
So I flew under the Golden Gate at an altitude of about 30 feet but Microsoft Flight Simulator gives me a jolt in the controller like I hit something when I pass under it. Even a 747 should be fine going under the bridge at an altitude of 30 feet but especially the little Cessna I was flying lol.

Feb 4, 2009
Has anyone tried Project Zomboid? It's gotten some very good reviews.
I want to try it, friend played for a bit and liked it for some time but he said it’s too stressful to play long term.
Maybe this could be the AT gaming group games I’d love to put together.
@DAPUNISHER would you be up for this?
Pick one day a week and we all join.

Hotrod2go

Nov 17, 2021
I got into Dying Light enhanced edition recently but had to halt it when a game breaking bug appeared in the 2nd step of the main quest. Fancy the 'F' key working everywhere in the game so far except in this one major part... :(
Had the game files verified by steam but no problems. :rolleyes:

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Has anyone tried Project Zomboid? It's gotten some very good reviews.
I've played a *lot* of that over the years. It's a lot of fun. How you enjoy games may depend on whether you'll enjoy it vanilla, or with mods. If you're fine with more of a rogue-like experience, just play vanilla and tough it out, learn how the game works, and watch your progress get dumped over and over. If you prefer more of a long-term experience, look at some of the anti-infection mods (antibodies is my favorite) in order to extend a play-session with a given character.

Hotrod2go

Nov 17, 2021
After the disappointment with Dying Light in my last post, moving on to finally playing ES IV - Oblivion is a breath of fresh air! despite its somewhat 15 yr old design, I can see why it is still a highly rated game. :)

Reactions: Captante

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
I got into Dying Light enhanced edition recently but had to halt it when a game breaking bug appeared in the 2nd step of the main quest. Fancy the 'F' key working everywhere in the game so far except in this one major part... :(
Had the game files verified by steam but no problems. :rolleyes:

Weird. I played it like a week after launch on PC and ran into no major bugs. Now Dying Light 2 was buggy as hell for me, though I played the PS5 version there. You couldn't reload your save and get past it? Because Dying Light 1 is an awesome game IMO. Dying Light 2 not so much though sadly.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
After the disappointment with Dying Light in my last post, moving on to finally playing ES IV - Oblivion is a breath of fresh air! despite its somewhat 15 yr old design, I can see why it is still a highly rated game. :)

Soundtrack so good North Korea plagiarized it for one of their propaganda videos nine years ago.

Stop right there, Capitalist Scum!

• Haha
Reactions: Hotrod2go

Hotrod2go

Nov 17, 2021
Weird. I played it like a week after launch on PC and ran into no major bugs. Now Dying Light 2 was buggy as hell for me, though I played the PS5 version there. You couldn't reload your save and get past it? Because Dying Light 1 is an awesome game IMO. Dying Light 2 not so much though sadly.
I only got the game about a month ago, so obviously with all the patches to that date. Not sure what you mean by reloading a save to get past it? I mean it seems to me, the player has to complete a task before the MQ moves on.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
I miss that feeling Skyrim gave me back in 2009. I know it's not just the game but being impressionable with a first modern open rpg.

Reactions: Hotrod2go

Hotrod2go

Nov 17, 2021
I miss that feeling Skyrim gave me back in 2009. I know it's not just the game but being impressionable with a first modern open rpg.
11-11-11 it came out. Todd Howard has this thing about numbers... :) The Gamebyro engine still under the hood though from the days of Morrowind albeit with updates. But your right about Skyrim. I have so many hrs clocked up in that world, its' embarrassing to admit it to the world. Being in that virtual world along with FO3 & 4 kept my gaming rig unchanged for yrs..

• Love
Reactions: DAPUNISHER and Zeze

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
11-11-11 it came out. Todd Howard has this thing about numbers... :) The Gamebyro engine still under the hood though from the days of Morrowind albeit with updates. But your right about Skyrim. I have so many hrs clocked up in that world, its' embarrassing to admit it to the world. Being in that virtual world along with FO3 & 4 kept my gaming rig unchanged for yrs..
Nothing beats walking around in Skyrim at night staring at beautiful stars and torch-lit villages while an ethereal music starts to play...

Reactions: Artorias

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Been playing Tinykin the past few days. Such a relaxing time. It's basically a puzzle platformer but it's done so well with a pretty fun art style. Just hope it continues to be enjoyable and not cause me to get tired of it.

It's on gamepass if you have access to that.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
I've been playing Skul.

It's a rogue-like game similar concept to Binding of Isaac. I'm having lots of fun with it. For some reason, this one sticks to me whereas Hades didn't.

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
I replayed Deus Ex with the GMDX mod. Nice overhaul of the game that fixes many bugs and balancing issues with weapons/augs/skills and restores some dropped content. I don't like all the changes they made but overall it's a great upgrade that stays true to the original and the best option for a new player today.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Finally got around to starting Horizon Zero-Dawn which so far at least I'm not thrilled with.... I'm just not a big fan of Sony games on PC.

Also started another playthrough of Dishonored 2 which never seems to get old despite its weak/outdated enemy AI. (especially Stilton manor!)

A-Crack-in-the-Slab-header.0.0.jpeg

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Still playing Elden Ring on PS5 and PC. Over 900 hours on all my current games. I have 3 saves on PS5, my first game I played on NG+, my second game with different character build and my third game which is currently on NG+ 5 (journey 5) and I am at level 340 on that save. Its also the save that let me platinum the game so its the most completed version. Shortly before I got Elden Ring I was playing the new Horizon game but I breezed through it to start elden ring. I recently got Steel rising but elden ring still calls to me.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Just finished Days gone, it was a pretty good story. Although i do not think it gave you any choices, and more was a track open world progressive system.

I started on FF7 remake, and all i can say is WOW in the GFX. It also uses such little GPU power for such quality, its amazing how optimized it is, but the controllers for PC is utter garbage, and i had to pull out the XBOX controller.