What are you playing now? [Chat + Discussions]

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
Like most of you in this aging forum, I'm getting older too. I haven't been playing much games but then a nerdrage ticked inside me and I spent pretty penny on GTX 1060 6gb from HD6870 (6 yrs old~). I also upgraded from i3-2120 to i7-3770 used.

I used to play TONS of Dota 2.. probably over a decade from Dota 1. That game locks you in for 40-50+ mins with your teammates, so people end up getting VERY toxic. I was 5K MMR solo queue- top 98%~ percentile.

But everyone is miserable. Flaming exists on ALL MMRs. I finally quit and never looked back. I truly became sick of it.

Today I play...

1. Overwatch: A beautifully made game. It's not as 'deep' and addicting to me. Unlike Dota, matches are shorter and you can pick up and go. I'm sure they have their own toxic community, but it's a totally different world vs the salty world of Dota.

2. GTA V: Man this game still brings my system to its knees. At max settings it still dips to 30-40 fps. I just love the fully fleshed out Los Angeles.

3. I play some indie games. I'm a sucker for scroller shooters or Smash-TV shooters. Enter the Gungeon is pretty fun, albeit very hard.

Hit me up at Zeze#1191 on Overwatch. I play at random ass hours.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
I don't play Overwatch but I will be on Battle NET with Destiny 2 in a couple of weeks.

Right now, I'm wrapping up my latest playthrough of Prey on the Vega 64, and I plan to replay Deus Ex or Dishonored 2 after that. I'd like to find a couple of people to play Zombie Army trilogy though, which I just picked up recently for Steam.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
I play Black and White II now and then. Yes it's old.
I play WOT now and then.
I log into EQ about once a month and go to Karnor's castle and train the entrance for old times sake. never seen anyone there for like 5 years. If VS is up I kill him.

Not So Mild

Jun 9, 2017
I'm mainly playing Path of Exile and PUBG currently. I try to mix in some GTA V and CS:GO when I can, and me and my buddies play some smaller titles like speedrunners, golf it, and witch it on the weekends after getting too shit faced to point a gun in PUBG.

I'm currently planning a major overhaul of my pc. I'm currently rocking an FX-6300 and GTX 660 with equally dated mobo, ram, etc. Just bought a 1080ti that'll arrive tomorrow. Gonna get a delidded 8700k, custom water loop, the whole 9 yards in the coming months. Then I'll catch up on some single player titles that I've missed like Doom and Wolfenstein.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Age of Wonders III (DLC just had a firesale yesterday) for the last two days.
Dying Light, another sale a week back or so.
Just finished up a game of Stellaris before that, was playing some TW:Warhammer too.
Did another run-through of grim dawn in the last week or two as well, need to snag the xpac and dig in a little deeper, though.
I'd have a list about 30-long if I went back 30 days though. I tend to bounce around a bit between games.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
I'm kind of in a slump right now. I don't really have anything I'm excited about playing.

I've been playing Hand of Fate for but I've been stuck on the same mission for several weeks now, and I'm just getting tired of it.

Probably the best game I've finished recently is The Room Two, great puzzle game.

Just started Trine with my girlfriend. So far it is a fun game, but our time to play together is even more limited, so we get maybe an hour a week.

I have started both War for the Overworld and Torment: Tides of Numenera but for various reasons have not had the time to get back to them. Both of them are types of games I generally love, but after several hours neither of them really grabbed me like I was hoping they would. Part of the problem is that they play best on my desktop setup, which I have recently dedicated to work space so I'm avoiding playing games there.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
I don't play games very much (by time spent) any more but I still manage some here and there. I have found I enjoy slower paced or even turn based (gasp; my 20 year old self would be like "wtf man?") games these days. So right now I'm kind of varying an hour or so spent here and there amongst:

Mass Effect Andromeda: I'm enjoying the story so far (just a few hours into it total). I've only played like a couple hours of the previous game, I think.

Hearts of Iron IV:
Just started a new game of this and am playing a fascist Sweden, just cause my dad's side of the family is Swedish and I gotta represent. I'm gonna roll over Norway and steal their shat and then I have no idea besides ultimately joining the Axis I suppose. I kind of struggle with this sort of game (Crusader Kings 2 as well) in that since it's completely up to you on what to do, I'm not sure. I feel like a noob with the game still since I don't have much experience so it's like "well... wtf do I do now?" But overall it's interesting and fun.

World of Warships:
I still mange to play this a bit though not too often. It's a great game but man, I find that getting to the tier V or VI ships and beyond takes too long. When I get 1000 XP or less each match (with Premium, I hate to say) then it's years before I get to Tier X.

I want to pick up Battlefield 1 considering all the stuff that's been released for it since launch time when I last played but I'm hesitant cause I get raped pretty easily. I just don't have the time to devote to get good at it, I think. I was also playing Steel Division: Normandy '44 for a while but stopped. It's a great game and I recommend it for any strategy fan but my attention for things is rather fickle it seems, so I lost interest for the time being.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
Finishing up Pillars of Eternity, which I enjoyed so much back when it launched but never actually finished it.

Other than that, the occasional Age of Empires II HD game with friends.

I only play a few hours a week though, ain't got no time for video games.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Running thru Far Cry 4 again. When I finish I'll start up Age of Wonders 3 and try to actually get somewhere this time.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Dishonored 2: It gets tedious at times when I spend a lot of time choking guards. Overall there is less dialog than in Dishonored 1 but there is greater change of scenery.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
Dishonored 2: It gets tedious at times when I spend a lot of time choking guards. Overall there is less dialog than in Dishonored 1 but there is greater change of scenery.

I used to LOVE RPGs... find every nook and cranny for secrets, hidden lores, items etc.

Now they just feel like a chore and it triggers my OCD. I had a blast playing Deus Ex: Human Evolution. Now I'm whatever about picking up its sequel. I quit Disonored II because that squeezing heart to find secrets turned me off so much.

Funny how taste changes.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Just DOS2 with a little Stellaris and Killer Instinct. I feel like my gaming days are coming to an end.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
word has it that The Evil Within 2 runs great on PC... so I need to at least add that to my "when I get to it" list

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011
Stellaris
38.7 hrs last two weeks / 259 hrs on record

Star Trek Online
5.2 hrs last two weeks / 132 hrs on record

RimWorld
7.6 hrs last two weeks / 27 hrs on record

I was on vacation last week so my numbers are about cut in half from normal.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
RimWorld
7.6 hrs last two weeks / 27 hrs on record

I think this is my next game purchase. I started watching ComulentArcher play this on YouTube and the game looks quite fun. What is your opinion on it?

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011
I think this is my next game purchase. I started watching ComulentArcher play this on YouTube and the game looks quite fun. What is your opinion on it?

I like it. I feels to me like Dwarf Fortress light. If you use normal settings and don't play in a passive world you most likely will die sooner than later. Eventually you get the hang of what needs to be done and you think it isn't so bad. And that is when a solar flare and heat wave hit at the same time then all your food gets spoiled so you have to hunt for meat but that causes the animals to go mad and rampage kill all your colonist. Good times.

Feb 4, 2009
I'll say Crossout it is F2P however plan on spending some real money on it to craft junk but $10 would work, $20 is more than enough.
Basically it's a mad max style car fighting game. Get parts, put them together and fight people or bots
You can craft different guns/parts, you can use those parts or sell them in the market
Matches are generally pretty fun but like all games some can be frustrating. Rarely takes more than a minute to join a match and matches usually go about 5 minutes give or take a bit.
You can piece together some real crazy stuff and it doesn't really require any forethought or skill overall it's pretty fun but don't expect to play for free forever but don't think you need to perpetually spend money on it either. There are some balance issues but nothing game breaking simply little irritating things.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/386180/Crossout/

JimKiler

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2002
I am still playing through the single player experience on Crysis 3, Doom, and COD: Advanced Warfare. I just got a Ultra wide monitor and it is nice to play these games and still be able to get 21:9 resolution from my video card considering i need to upgrade from a R9 270 but pricey are too high still. I don't mind being 2 or more years behind in playing games cause i know hardware will support it when i get around to playing. I still have not touched Tomb Raider but that is in my queue.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
I'm still playing (replaying) GTAV. Been heavy into Overwatch lately. It helps having a son whom is an overwatch master (level 400+). Recently got into Eve online but find it overcomplicated for my 50 year old mind. Did fallout 4 and skyrim to death and will probably get back into them in a year or two. Other than that I am playing on my PS4 more lately. Horizon has been my key game. I want to PC game more as I feel my massive PC is way underutilized. 8TB all SSD drives, 32gb ram, rx480 8gb. I will probably play more on it when I go 65" 4k tv at the end of the year.

psychosiz

Jan 8, 2015
For the last few years I have played a rotation of games, GW2, SWTOR, Diablo 3, and Secret World. AT this moment I am currently playing the new expansion on GW2. For the first time in many years a few games have peeked my interest, Divinity Original Sin 2 and Star Wars Battlefront 2. I plan to give these games a whirl at some point in the future. I will also play Mass Effect Andromeda and GTA V at some point as well.

Feb 4, 2009
I like it. I feels to me like Dwarf Fortress light. If you use normal settings and don't play in a passive world you most likely will die sooner than later. Eventually you get the hang of what needs to be done and you think it isn't so bad. And that is when a solar flare and heat wave hit at the same time then all your food gets spoiled so you have to hunt for meat but that causes the animals to go mad and rampage kill all your colonist. Good times.

I almost forgot about this game, thank you for the summary.
Hopefully steams Halloween sale will offer this.

Again thank you