What are you playing now? [Chat + Discussions]

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I'm taking a break from gaming for a while and I have to say it's not too bad. I think I was just playing things to play them without having any fun.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Just finished Rebel Galaxy and I'll probably fire it up for a second run through the game. Incredibly fun.

Still playing Grim Dawn and making new builds. Going to try to revamp my old Trickster into a cold melee build.

Still playing Hollow Knight and trying to figure out everything in there but I love how certain areas are locked off until you get certain items. It reminds me of old school NES/SNES games.

Replaying GTA: SA on my PS2. Because it's by far the best GTA.

mrblotto

Golden Member
Jul 7, 2007
I grabbed the latest Thief Mod - Deaths Cold Embrance, and it's kicking my ass lol. I forgot how hard these levels could be! But it's a refreshing change :)

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
7 days to die is really fun if you have someone to play with...

Also playing Destiny 2. Although i feel i am slowly getting burnt out in it.

Reactions: Fanatical Meat

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I still can't get into 7DtD. I played it a lot during the early beta phases and the game still feels the same with just a few new things added. The last huge content update added a lot of things in, but the core game was essentially the same as it was two years ago.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
I still can't get into 7DtD. I played it a lot during the early beta phases and the game still feels the same with just a few new things added. The last huge content update added a lot of things in, but the core game was essentially the same as it was two years ago.

Its fun cordinating with a friend and building a castle.
Its also hilarious as your telling your team mate that he/she is screwed because you see a zombie hord running towards them and the only way into a safe zone is a complicated maze of spikes.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
7 days to die is really fun if you have someone to play with...

My stepson and I have been playing 7 Days to Die co-op and having a blast. I don't know how long it will hold our attention, but we have already gotten more than our $15 out of it, and the A17 patch sounds like it will be adding in a lot of new gameplay. They are talking about NPCs, factions, and quests that give unique equipment. Multi-player vehicles with player controlled turrets...

hondaf17

Sep 25, 2005
This thread is speaking to me. Mid 30's now and not gaming nearly as much as before. Last games that I really spent a lot of time on were Original Ghost Recon and then Battlefield 3. BF4 was horrible IMO and I didn't even bother with BF1.

Now I'm playing the SP of Doom. Awesome game.

Was thinking this winter I might fire up Planetside 2 again. Anyone playing that one still?

Oct 19, 2007
Doom, Wolfenstein 2, ME:A. I miss good RPG's. Might have to try FO4 soon.

Yeah, I don't really want to sit at a computer desk after I get home from 8-12 hours of sitting at a computer desk at work. Nothing kills a computer-based hobby like a computer-based job.

I've had similar experiences. I find myself playing Clash of Clans on the tablet and half watching TV from the couch instead of settling in front of the gaming PC on weeknights.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
D2: Death of the Outsider runs great on Vega now but I'm getting a strange hang after the first mission where you rescue Daud.

Play stat screen comes up fine but after that the screen just turns black and I can hear the fan on the graphics card slowly wind down. The driver doesn't crash but the only thing I can do is the 3 finger salute and then logout. The task manager doesn't appear and nothing happens if I hit the Windows key. Other than that though the game doesn't seem to have any issues so I will just have to get past that point on another machine and then resume. Searching came up dry.

Oh, and there are some malicious sites that claim to fix issues with the game--probably not just this game but each is pretty obvious when you get there.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Playing Wolf: New Colossus now. The story ranges from fun to really stupid. Combat is uneven with pretty poor AI. You can walk up and shoot Nazis in the face and they still take a while to react. Overall, this i a weaker game than either New order or Old Blood. Visually, it is very nice.

schmedy

Golden Member
Dec 31, 1999
PubG, I am looking for something else too in a FPS, I love the Battlefield series till BF1 where it is cheaters paradise, glad I got that game for $20 instead of full price.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
I would be interested in learning which BF games are not a cheaters paradise...

Wrapping up a third playthrough of Deus Ex: MD also, not sure what's so darn enticing about cyborgs and stripped RPG mechanics but... me gusta

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
On the PC side, I'm slowly making my way through Subsurface Circular. Some may see it as a "non-game," but I have been enjoying it. It's short, and priced well enough to reflect that.

bystander36

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2013
Currently learning Civ 6. I like a lot of the changes, such as no real penalty for growing a large empire.
Was playing Grim Dawn + AoM expansion. It's fun, but going through a thumb issue, so playing a game that a single hand is good enough.
Playing Divinity: Original Sin 2. I have a new Honor mode character up to level 12.
Rise of the Tomb Raider: on hold while dealing with thumb.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
ugh, my workaround for Dishonored didn't work... anyone else play D2 or the DLC on Vega?

Chocu1a

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2009
Finally decided to finish DOOM. Also playing some Injustice 2 and the occasional Titanfall 2 multiplayer.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
Why hasn't the price on PUBG come down at all since launch? Money hats... that game is old news AF

schmedy

Golden Member
Dec 31, 1999
Why hasn't the price on PUBG come down at all since launch? Money hats... that game is old news AF
If anything I bet it will go up once it comes out of Beta and goes to the 1.0 launch. I think in the next week or two it will hit launch and go live on Xbox.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
If anything I bet it will go up once it comes out of Beta and goes to the 1.0 launch. I think in the next week or two it will hit launch and go live on Xbox.

goes live (not early access any more) on 12/20.

dzielo

May 11, 2018
For sure EVE Online is the game I am playing right now so much. The economy is awesome and there is plenty path of play. Market on EVE Online is very great so if you are looking for redacted there is no problem. Very great game where you need to think much more than in other MMOs!

Removed link.

AT Mod Usandthem

Last edited by a moderator: