What are some good games for a 7-year-old girl?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mcurphy

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2003
My 7 years old likes Plants Vs Zombies. as does my 5 year old. go figure...

My 8 year old daughter loves this game also. I had a lot of fun playing through the levels too, lol. My daughter also likes Webkinz (have to buy the pet at a store to access the online content), Roblox and Toontown.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
What about the Hello Kitty MMORPG:

screenshots_008-700812.jpg

KT

runzwithsizorz

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002
At seven, she loved the Barbie series. Also Lion Witch Wardrobe and Harry Potter. At eleven, she likes "Crysis". Go figure.
Wife of Runz

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
RollerCoaster Tycoon 1, 2, & 3. My daughter loved them when she was younger.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Crise don't kids still play candyland with their friends around the age 6-7 ?

The Times They Are A-Changin'

My 6 year old cousin loves browser based flash and java games, I suggest to the OP that he starts there. IIRC, EA has a sizable collection with Pogo. Personally, it would have been cool to have Rosetta Stone when I was a kid.

If it was not for the community, I would suggest an MMORPG, but most of the smacktards in those would expose her to phrases that would harm her little ears. So, stay away from exposing her to those until she is around 13.

Bonesdad

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2002
A book. To be honest I wouldn't try to get a 7 year old girl hooked on pc games; I'd encourage her to play with other children and read.

agreed...Get books, lots of books. Games can come later. Get "Where the Wild Things Are" and others. They will last forever.

zebano

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2005
My daughter (4y.o.) ocassionally plays wii bowling, mario party games (some mini-games are too hard for her) and a wii disney princess game which she loves.

Aug 11, 2008
Look in the "value" section at target or wal mart or best buy. There are plenty of children's games for less than 20.00. My grandson liked the pajama sam games, lego games, freddie fish games. There is also a series of Jump Start games for every age level (toddlers, 1st grade, 2nd grade, etc), which are supposed to be "educational". I cant remember the names of others. You could also play some games on Nick Junior. They are based on the TV shows, but should not contain anything very offensive

Arcadio

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2007
To those of you recommending a book: I'm not the girl's dad. It's none of my business what they want. Besides, the girl is pretty smart and loves to read already...