What are some good games for a 7-year-old girl?

Arcadio

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2007
This couple keeps asking me to bring some PC games for their daugther. I don't know any good games, and every time I search on google, I get game demos/trials or very crude free games. Anyone know some good games I could download for free? Maybe even pay around $20 for each game.

Thanks in advance.

Arcadio

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2007
The only one I got so far is this game called Diner Dash. It looks ok, but I need some more...

Arcadio

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2007
Peggle? Idk, lol.

I just checked that out. There are many games on that website, but they require some weird plugin. Is it safe? I don't want to inadvertently install spyware on their computer.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
Popcap site would be my pick. Plenty of family oriented games and no spyware/malware. Most have demo versions that allow you to play several levels. Careful they have some really addictive ones.
http://www.popcap.com/

TecHNooB

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2005
Sonic the Hedgehog. Watching kids run to the left side of the screen immediately when level starts is priceless.

Manticorps

Jan 27, 2006
Look under the family gaming section on Steam. They have several titles listed there, many with free demos. They have the Complete Popcap Collection, which I have been tempted to buy on a few occasions. I imagine most of the Popcap games would be great for a 7 year old.

AndroidVageta

Banned
Mar 22, 2008
To the OP...have you thought of emulation? I mean, there are plently of games out that a 7 year old girl would like if exposed to them. Try getting her a SNES or N64 emulator and a few ROMS...Sonic, Mario, Zelda...all excellent games for the younger crowd.

These games are sneaky...most girls think "no" then end up loving them.

Perfect example is my girlfriend...she really liked all those "mystery" and "puzzle" games but soon ran out of games to play...my remedy? I said, "Here, try this Zelda game on the old n64 using the computer"...she said, "that sounds gay...I dont want to play Zelda"...now one week later shes almost beat Ocarina of Time and is excited to start playing Majoras Mask.

I really recommend emulation and ROM's...may seem kind of whack and cheap (considering it free, if not you are looking in the wrong place) but a lot of games are still pure gold and offer a lot more polish and overall better gameplay/experience compared to PopCap games and the like. I mean, take Zelda on n64..sure its free now and may make it seem cheap...but back in the day it was a $60 game on a $200 console that had 99% positive reviews...NOTHING wrong with that lol.

Let me know if you want some info on obtaining the emulators and ROMs...its so easy! Plus a 7 year old can figure it out...its not technical at all...you open emulator software...go to file open ROM...select game...hit start...bam game starts playing...simple as that.

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
If they have internet connection, perhaps an online game like Free Realms? While there are pay areas in Free Realms there are enough things one can do that are "free" that she can enjoy it for months before she gets bored.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
Peggle Deluxe, Braid, World of Goo, Plants Vs. Zombies and maybe Audiosurf?

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
215539049_mQPCz-L-2.jpg

JoshGuru7

Golden Member
Aug 18, 2001
Spore Creature Creator is a great choice. It's very cheap and will provide lots of entertainment.

I'd also recommend one of the Lego games - Star Wars Trilogy or Indiana Jones 2. They're supposed to be for 8-9+ and are pricier than you'd like new, but you should be able to get them used eventually and I know that the Star Wars Trilogy has a demo which should be entertaining in the meantime.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
A book. To be honest I wouldn't try to get a 7 year old girl hooked on pc games; I'd encourage her to play with other children and read.

This couple keeps asking me to bring some PC games for their daugther. I don't know any good games, and every time I search on google, I get game demos/trials or very crude free games. Anyone know some good games I could download for free? Maybe even pay around $20 for each game.

Thanks in advance.