Well I guess Dean will get the democrat nod

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Why is it every time Kerry speaks he must speak in that stentorian tone? The guy is completely unelectable because he comes across as someone who didn't get the part of Hamlet in his high school play.

If General Clark ever blinks please send me a telegram. He ain't too bad otherwise.

Dean is a no nonsense guy and he really twisted Kerry in knots in the last debate. I don't know who thinks he's a liberal-probably some right wing wackos-but Kucinich and Sharpton are the liberals. Dean is much too fiscally conservative for the liberal wing of the Democratic Party. And that's one of the reasons I like him. You shouldn't make any promise other than to balance the budget, IMHO. Well....please promise not to invade Canada or Georgia, though both are threats to democracy. :)

-Robert

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
We Dean supporters underestimate the power of fear, stupidity and ignorance to think he'll have a chance. Remember Hitler was democratically elected and super popular the rougher things were portrayed. Here's how things will play next year. Sure Dean will get the nod but it will been portrayed as a incredibly un-patriotic act to change presidents during a time of war or should I say perpetual war. Or they will uncover a "terrorist plot" more heinious than anything dreamed of before and Patriot act broke the case. Fox news is already scareing people into believing there will be another attack close to election to "derail the president" (ya right, it empowers him faux).

Remember what administration diplomat John Brady Kiesling said when he resigned in Febuary: "this Administration has chosen to make terrorism a domestic political tool, enlisting a scattered and largely defeated Al Qaeda as its bureaucratic ally."

It works, always has. And they'll stick to it.

No chance to a candidate who values such things as no war, civil liberties, gay unions..basically fighting for the minority which americans seem to have less appitite for nowerdays in the overdog militant society we live.

PS: that does'nt mean we should'nt fight it and "cut and run" to use a Bush axiom. We turn around and face what's coming head on and do your best to avoid the peril this administration has wraught on the world and the republic. Donate, vote, campain..make a postive difference.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Zebo:

Dean can beat Bush. But Bush is going to be very hard to unseat. With the economy picking up steam and the Republicans spending like "drunken sailors" <sheezh, I love McCain> to stick a buck in everyone's pocket I'd say he's a shoo-in today. Fortunately, the election is next November. A lot can happen in the intervening 11 months. Let's hope we get that Bush Turkey out of the White House by next Thanksgiving. :)

-Robert

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: chess9
Zebo:

Dean can beat Bush. But Bush is going to be very hard to unseat. With the economy picking up steam and the Republicans spending like "drunken sailors" <sheezh, I love McCain> to stick a buck in everyone's pocket I'd say he's a shoo-in today. Fortunately, the election is next November. A lot can happen in the intervening 11 months. Let's hope we get that Bush Turkey out of the White House by next Thanksgiving. :)

-Robert

I've said it before and it sounds crass but the only way Bush will loose if for us to loose 2-3000 of our precious truly patriotic 19 year olds to force ourselves to look in the mirror and reflect just how evil this war is and the police state this administration is carrying forward. We don't care about "other losses" and "collateral damage" so much if at all. But when you neighbors kids start dying we are forced to care, delve deeper into motives which won't be pretty for GW especially if the white house stenographers (press) switch on him.

Bush has the money (corporate america) behind him which translates into votes. He has carry over of 9-11 sympathy (which he's cleverly using NYC as the backdrop for the RNC). He has the benefit of republicans being seen as "stong" in times of war and crisis.

PS I voted McCain in Ca primaries but the smear campaign by neo-cons calling him the gay candidate did'nt help him. They just won't stop with Democrats. breakins the Kennedys office by hatch staffers is one thing. But recently they threatned Nick Smiths (R) family over medicare bill and who could forget the Valerie Plame treasonous revealing actions.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
It will be a classic Rich Vs the Poor battle. Last time around a lot of the Poorer Population crossed over and Voted for Bush, this time they will not make that mistake again. Dean will win easily unless the Electoral system corrupts it again. You may see an overwhelming majority popular vote for Dean but yet still have this Electoral "College" vote in Bush. If that happens again I'm sure it will spark a battle in the U.S. and not just in the Court system.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
It will be a classic Rich Vs the Poor battle. Last time around a lot of the Poorer Population crossed over and Voted for Bush, this time they will not make that mistake again. Dean will win easily unless the Electoral system corrupts it again. You may see an overwhelming majority popular vote for Dean but yet still have this Electoral "College" vote in Bush. If that happens again I'm sure it will spark a battle in the U.S. and not just in the Court system.

Dave your still going on about revolution? Gimme a break. People don't even know history and their constitutional rights let alone politics. As long as people are fed and generally above the poverty line they are happy with status quo as long as Christina Auguleras sex life is ok.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Zebo

Dave your still going on about revolution? Gimme a break. People don't even know history and their constitutional rights let alone politics. As long as people are fed and generally above the poverty line they are happy with status quo as long as Christina Auguleras sex life is ok.

It will be too late, most here will even be knocked off-line not being able to afford ISP Fees, Internet Taxes and per E-mail fees.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: Zebo

It will be too late, most here will even be knocked off-line not being able to afford ISP Fees, Internet Taxes and per E-mail fees.

Yeah and those are republican doings. Gimme a fvcking break, tis the democrats pusing intenet taxes, not the republicans.