Welfare recipients take out cash at strip clubs, liquor stores

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
If you can't pay for it, then you shouldn't have it. Are you seriously for buying someone a car and fully furnishing their house with your tax money?

Many of these people are disabled, elderly, and what not. Should we just put them down because they are unable to work. You are sick.

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
Scary how so many would strip much needed government assistance from the disable, elderly, and children. How many would allow them to freeze to death without anything.

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
I dare any of you walk up to a disable VET and tell them they don't deserve any monetary assistance. That is exactly what you are advocating for.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
The money is spent. Now if it's buying ribs or on ground beef it doesn't matter - that money goes back into the economy....

This has nothing to do with stimulating the economy. It has to do with people who can't support themselves taking public money and then living large. The public money isn't supposed to be there for them to live like they're supporting themselves fully. It's there so they don't starve. WhoTF is batshit insane enough to setup a system were people on public handouts can live like a normal person on the public dole? Well, our Politicians apperently, that's who...

This is a response to all you idiots who believe that somebody who is getting food stamps should eat the cheapest and least expensive food.....
That is totally wrong......they are allowed to purchase whatever type of foods they desire as long as it meets the guidelines set forth by whoever oversees the program!

Some previous idiot said they shouldn`t be able to purchase ribs.....

So let me guess they should be purchasing powdered milk instead of regular milk?

Idiots abound in this thread......

No, they should be eating the cheapest thing to sustain themselves in a healthy manner. I'm not working and paying taxes so someone can go have a rib cookout on my dime. If you want to do that, go take your own cash, drive to your local run down section of town, and start handing it out. Sounds like you'll feel super good about yourself. Me, I'm happy if they can eat beans, rice, and simple somewhat healthy proteins to sustain themselves. Fing ribs are not it.

Costo Ribs - 2.79 lb
Read the label - $23.91 /8.57lbs = $2.79lb on 8-19-2012
http://www.pelletsmoking.com/pellet-smoking-com-lounge-9/contest-get-25-entries-5047/#post55150

I see nothing at that site about pricing. If you want I can go back and take a video of ground beef and rib prices here in Chicagoland area, is that what you want? Does wherever you are finding price info in your link say what the ground beef price at Costo is? Because I'm betting its going to be less than 2.79/lb.

P.S. If these ribs that my dad was looking at were really 2.79/lb., we'd have been eating ribs. We didn't. Which means they most assuredly were not that cheap.

Chuck