• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Welcome to the Distributed Computing Forum ... say Hello

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

archeye

Aug 30, 2019
Hi and thanks for the replies.
I used BAM and have now moved over most of my projects to Team AnandTech (International).
I did see there were 3 choices on some projects but the other 2 were easily identifiable as the wrong ones;
AnandTech (None)
Team AnandTech (old).

Not moved World Community Grid or ODLK yet. They were identified as Team AnandTech (None).
When I checked in the projects I saw there was nothing in the country fields so I guess the "None" was correct.
Interestingly ODLK1 comes up with Team AnandTech (International).
Maybe someone could update the settings in these 2 projects ;)

Moved World Community Grid and ODLK now which completes the team change for all my active projects.

https://www.boincstats.com/signature/-1/bam/28688/sig.png

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
Heya Archie!....errrrrrr....Arch-Eyeeee. You a pirate? ;) :p I am. Aaaargh Matey!

Welcome to the the TeAm! There are probably a only a dozen+ very active members, so, yes, sometimes it can seem a bit quiet....and to be very honest with you, we have a Secret Comms channel for the inner circle.....intended to be used during races only...but sometimes used when perhaps a public channel is more appropriate. DO NOT BE AFRAID to ask questions/comment where-ever you desire, we are more than willing to help you/others in any capacity in which we are able! :)

archeye

Aug 30, 2019
Well thanks @TennesseeTony for your welcoming words.

The inner circle hey that sounds a bit secret handshake to me.

I can practice my palmistry, or is it palming, maybe it should be palm... ;)

Anyway I plan to be here for a while so we see how the wind blows matey.

BTW why TeAm instead of Team?

Cheers

StefanR5R

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2016
I started supporting DC projects in 2013 and had a break for the few years after the second GPU in my XPS laptop died which I attributed (for both) to overheating when running Boinc tasks.

This XPS is long since gone and now with my current PC I found TThrottle to manage the GPU and CPU temps. So much more happier now that I believe my hardware is less likely to be destroyed.
I used a Lenovo W series laptop for Distributed Computing. Eventually, it was no longer capable of running stuff like PrimeGrid, or any GPU applications on its NVidia chip, without hanging or rebooting. I continued to use it for a while in DC with lighter CPU applications on half its threads, or some occasional light Intel IGP work.

I really should dismantle this thing, look if it is just a matter of cleaning the tiny coolers, or maybe reset the coolers with new thermal paste applied.

pjt90

Mar 22, 2020
Hello everyone

I've been reading AnandTech articles,news, and reviews since the mid 2000s. I saw the post about F@H and decided to jump in.
I bring to the table a relatively ancient Core i5 6500 (circa 2015) paired with a geforce RTX 2060.
Hoping to help put Tom's Hardware in their place :D

Markfw

CPU Moderator, VC&G Moderator, Elite Member
Super Moderator
May 16, 2002
Hello everyone

I've been reading AnandTech articles,news, and reviews since the mid 2000s. I saw the post about F@H and decided to jump in.
I bring to the table a relatively ancient Core i5 6500 (circa 2015) paired with a geforce RTX 2060.
Hoping to help put Tom's Hardware in their place :D
Welcome ! That a million ppd we can use !

ASK THE COMMUNITY