We took all of ISIS’s Oil?

Feb 4, 2009
First I could be wrong
Second
At 9:40am I think I heard the President say we took all of ISIS oil, we took billions of it and ISIS doesn’t have money anymore so we left.

Sirius MSNBC channel
I suspect ISIS didn’t have any oil so maybe we did take it all

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
ISIS was stealing the oil before to raise cash for their operations. Apparently under his trumphip USA stealing the oil is fine as well.

I presume Russia has given the OK for this.

OccamsToothbrush

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2005
First I could be wrong
Second
At 9:40am I think I heard the President say we took all of ISIS oil, we took billions of it and ISIS doesn’t have money anymore so we left.

Sirius MSNBC channel
I suspect ISIS didn’t have any oil so maybe we did take it all

Well, that's Trump being Trump in his phrasing and taking credit for it, but he's not exactly wrong. ISIS was funding itself by what it stole and captured oil fields were its largest source of income. We took a lot of that territory back, they lost a huge chunk of what they were counting on to operate and they're strangling now.

Feb 4, 2009
Well, that's Trump being Trump in his phrasing and taking credit for it, but he's not exactly wrong. ISIS was funding itself by what it stole and captured oil fields were its largest source of income. We took a lot of that territory back, they lost a huge chunk of what they were counting on to operate and they're strangling now.

So who gets the oil when we leave?
The President said we took billions and billions of this oil. When will my gas purchases be cheaper?
Right now sounds like Russia or Turkey will get that oil. I don’t see and US oil tankers leaving with oil.

OccamsToothbrush

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2005
So who gets the oil when we leave?
The President said we took billions and billions of this oil. When will my gas purchases be cheaper?
Right now sounds like Russia or Turkey will get that oil. I don’t see and US oil tankers leaving with oil.

Why are you trying to hold Trump to a level of coherency you know he doesn't possess? Yeah, we took the oil, as in, we took it away from them, not as in we took it for ourselves. It belongs to whatever country it was stolen from. What part of that don't you understand?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Why are you trying to hold Trump to a level of coherency you know he doesn't possess? Yeah, we took the oil, as in, we took it away from them, not as in we took it for ourselves. It belongs to whatever country it was stolen from. What part of that don't you understand?

Well, the incoherency is now official-

Juiblex

Banned
Sep 26, 2016
That's a fine propaganda outlet you're using.
Whats your point? Do i need to find the same video with a cnn logo for you to watch it? I know one exists. Or is the rt your medusa? You'll turn to stone? You sound like my mom who said if I hear rock music ill end up worshipping the devil.

Reactions: Oric

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Trump is so damn stupid.

United States had access to that oil... until Trump back stabbed the Kurds. Now Assad / Putin are claiming all remaining Syrian territory. It is only a matter of time until they claim those oil fields. Count the number of Americans staying behind to "secure" it, there will be that many dead Americans if we are still there when Assad comes knocking, and it'll be the Kurds to invite them in.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
That's a fine propaganda outlet you're using.

Russia wasn't the only one-

None of which matters at this point, anyway. We gave up any legit claims to be in Syria at all when we abandoned the Kurds.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Whats your point? Do i need to find the same video with a cnn logo for you to watch it? I know one exists. Or is the rt your medusa? You'll turn to stone? You sound like my mom who said if I hear rock music ill end up worshipping the devil.

Its propaganda you posted. Someone else already posted stories of other countries attacking ISIS oil trucks. You want to use a shitty source be my guest. Doesn't change the fact that RT is essentially state controlled media.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
This thread is premised on a statement by Trump. Trump also said we're building a border wall in Colorado. Full stop.

We started bombing ISIS' mobile refineries right off the bat when we started bombing ISIS in 2014. I remember the press coverage of it.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
What? Gas has never ever been this cheap. Bigly presidenting guy has given us the cheapest gas ever. Don't question it or you will be called commie scum.

BTW under Obama gas was like $105 a gallon. Don't you remember? It peaked during the Bowling Green massacre.
Maybe Obama should have had the IRS audit the oil companies.

Juiblex

Banned
Sep 26, 2016
Its propaganda you posted. Someone else already posted stories of other countries attacking ISIS oil trucks. You want to use a shitty source be my guest. Doesn't change the fact that RT is essentially state controlled media.

What's propaganda? My video... How do you know?

Here is the same video from CNN. Is it now propaganda too?

Reactions: Oric

Juiblex

Banned
Sep 26, 2016
So your assertion that just Russia was attacking isis oil was a lie?

Until Russia entered the war in Syria and exposed the smuggling, the rest of the world did nothing to attack ISIS oil. It essentially ceased after that... Of course Russian blowing up hundreds of trucks in the ISIS oil convoy probably helped.

Hopefully that isn't too propaganda-y for you.

Reactions: cirrrocco