WATERCOOL Hardware Rep available! Come in and chat with me!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 15, 2016
watercool.de
Hey guys,
Maybe you know about The ModZoo, a supergroup of high profile PC modders, including Bill, owner of mnpctech. These guys have weekly hangouts on their YouTube Channel where they discuss different broader topics every week and the most recent developments in the industry. It is my great honour to announce that they asked me to join them as a guest for an episode about watercooling, the watercooling industry and how the scene evolved through the last couple of years! So feel free to tune in on

Sunday, February 12th, 4PM CST on The ModZoo YouTube Channel

and join us in the chat during the Live Hangout. If you feel that there is ANYTHING you EVER wanted to know from me personally or from Watercool as a company, now is your time: please post all questions that come to your mind in the dedicated questioning thread, I will try to answer everything as honest as possible!

Apr 15, 2016
watercool.de
Today, I'd like to show you our brand new HEATKILLER® IV for GTX 1070 and 1080 FTW from EVGA.

As usual, there are different versions of this water block to choose from. there are three different versions with tops made from acrylic glass (Plexi GS) and two versions with ACETAL tops. All versions vover the entire PCB. The finishing touch is a cover made from stainless steel, which matches perfectly with the nickel versions especially.

All versions share the HEATKILLER® IV VGA serie's highperforming cooling structure with central flow layout. This ensures optimal flow over the GPU while improving overall flow restriction.

A special highlight of these blocks is the included illumination. If you grew fond of the stock cooler's RGB illumination, you can keep this feature when installing one of the acrylic versions. We included a RGB LED strip under the front cover. You simply plug it into the onboard LED port. Then, you can control the illumination through the EVGA PrecisionOC software package.

Talking about accessorys: Precut thermal pads are part of the delivery scope, just as mounting material for usage of the original EVGA backplate. Yes, you read correctly: the water block is fully compatible to the original backplate. If you don't like this, we also offer a matching HEATKILLER ® IV eBC backplate.

The waterblock is compatible to the High bandwidth SLI conncetors both from EVGA and NVIDIA. The block is compatible to the following cards:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW DT GAMING ACX 3.0

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW DT GAMING ACX 3.0

And here is some eyecandy:

HEATKILLER_IV_GTX_1080_FTW_ACRYL_01.jpg

HEATKILLER_IV_GTX_1080_FTW_ACRYL_Ni_01.jpg

HEATKILLER_IV_GTX_1080_FTW_ACRYL_Ni_02.jpg

HEATKILLER_IV_GTX_1080_FTW_ACRYL_Ni_03.jpg

HEATKILLER_IV_GTX_1080_FTW_ACRYL_Ni_04.jpg

HEATKILLER_IV_GTX_1080_FTW_ACRYL_Ni_05.jpg

HEATKILLER_IV_GTX_1080_FTW_ACRYL_Ni_06.jpg

HEATKILLER_IV_GTX_1080_FTW_ACRYL_Ni_07.jpg

HEATKILLER_IV_GTX_1080_FTW_ACRYL_Ni-BL_01.jpg

HEATKILLER_IV_GTX_1080_FTW_ACETAL_Ni_01.jpg

HEATKILLER_IV_GTX_1080_FTW_01.jpg

HEATKILLER_IV_GTX_1080_FTW_05.jpg

HEATKILLER_IV_GTX_1080_FTW_08.jpg

Apr 15, 2016
watercool.de
This is your 12h warning! In only 12 hours, I will go live withe the awesome guys from mnpc, The Mod Zoo, Mod My Mods and Performance PCs. It'd be great to see many of you in the chat - the more viewers we get, the more convincing I'll be to explain to Mister BossMan how useful Marketing is and how useful an expanded budget would be ;) It will definitely be entertaining, and maybe, I can even give some small goodies away...?

See you all tonight!

iamgenius

Jun 6, 2008
Just saw this thread. This MO-RA3 radiator is insane. Jacob, do you sell complete watercooling kits in your website?

If not and I intend to use your MO-RA3, I can go buy a complete watercooling kit from somewhere else (except for the radiator) and join it with the MO-RA3? Will there be any compatibility issues? I use kits from XSPX.

And how do you really mount this thing? You always mount it externally using a stand? And have the hoses connect between the case and the radiator?
I don't really need any of this but it looks cool and awesome.

Is the waterblock for Asus strix 1080 ready?

I intend to watercool my i7 7700K and 1080 for my next build.

Thanks

Apr 15, 2016
watercool.de
Hey iamgenius,
Thanks for the compliments! Ys, the MO-RA is exactly what its name indicates: a real MOnster RAdiator ;) We currently don't sell kits, but I'd be happy to help you assemble all required parts if you wish.

The MO-RA itself is simply connected to the loop like any other radiator: it is equipped with six G1/4 ports so you can use any fittings you like and are free to connect it any way that suits your mounting position.

There are different mounting possibilities, depending on your PC's location and your choices. You can either put it simply on the feet and have it standing on its own, either next to the PC, or under the Desk, or even a couple meters away, so you won't hear the fans (Example from google imagesearch). You can also mount it to the sidepanel of most miditower-size cases (Example). The better the build quality of the case itself, the lesser problems you will have here. Or you can hang it on the wall anywhere near your desk (Example). There's also a wide variety of accessoires for the different mounting solutions available.

No, contrary to one of our previous announcements, we will not do a 1080 Strix waterblock. We are right now focussing on the upcoming 1080Ti generation and will probably support one or two custom PCBs in that generation.

Apr 15, 2016
watercool.de
Hey folks,
Today, I have three announcements for you guys:

HEATKILLER for EVGA FTW compatibility with FTW2 PCB layout:
We received a lot of questions about our new HEATKILLER IV for GTC 1070FTW and 1080FTW water block, concerning compatibility with the new FTW2 models. We are happy to announce that we release a Revision2 of that water block that will be fully compatible to BOTH the FTW and the FTW2 graphics cards!

There is one thing that will be changed, though: the new FTW2 card uses a 6pin LED connector. So, we will offer our HEATKILLER FTW block WITHOUT ANY preinstalled LED strip and reduce the price accordingly. You can then additionally order either the 4pin LED strip if you own the ACX FTW version or the 6pin LED strip if you own the iCX FTW2 version. The final product price for a water block and the respective LED strip combined will stay effectively unchanged.

The new versions of waterblocks will be marked with a "V2" on the packaging, so you can be sure you ordered the right block. All orders after February 24th will automatically receive the Revision2 waterblocks.

We hope that this solution will satisfy all our customers - please feel free to contact us if you have any more questions or suggestions!

Mounting brackets for HEATKILLER IV on AM4:
We will offer the mounting brackets to mount a HEATKILLER IV CPU block on AM4 from March 2nd on, so just in time with the release of the Ryzen CPUs themselves. Also, all AMD versions of the block ordered after that date will already come with full AM4 compatibility. We encourage all our resellers to place appropriate orders, so the resellers in North America should have the mounting brackets approximately one week later.

#TeamHeatkiller:
I started a kind of gallery of User builds. I'd like to encourage all of you to send in pics of your Heatkiller - Builds, so I can publish them through our instagram and facebook accounts.

Apr 15, 2016
watercool.de
Guys, we were extra quick here and finished the mounting brackets yesterday. So, all new orders for HEATKILLER IV for AMD water blocks from today on will be delivered with the new mounting bracket, offering full compatibility for AM4, but also all these older sockets: AMD 939, 940, AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+, FM2, FM2+ . If you already own a HEATKILLER IV, you can now order the Conversion Kit for full AM4 compatibility.

And to prove just how convinced we are of our products, we even made a Conversion Kit for one of the most iconic pieces of watercooling hardware: our nine years old HEATKILLER 3.0 can now also be ready for Ryzen! Now THIS is longstanding customer support, ladies and gentlemen!

You want Eyecandy? You get Eyecandy :)

HK_IV_CPU_AMD_COPPER_NI_01.jpg

Note: all orders from our own webstore will come with hte new brackets. Resellers might still have old brackets stocked. Please contact resellers directly about AM4-bracket availability.

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
Thanks for supporting AM4. I'm starting with an aircooled config but if I see that I'm leaving anything on the table thanks to cooling I may have to experiment with water.

Apr 15, 2016
watercool.de
I can now officially confirm that our HEATKILLER IV or TITAN X (Pascal) is 100% compatible to the new Nvidia GTX 1080Ti. The same is true for the eBC backplate (back in stock this week).

Some Eye candy?

HK_IV_TITAN_XP_ACRYL_01.jpg

HK_IV_TITAN_XP_ACRYL_Ni_07.jpg

HK_IV_GTX1080_Acryl_ni_bl_01.jpg

The HEATKILLER® IV for TITAN X and GTX 1080Ti comes with a groove in which the corresponding LED strips (sold separately) can be installed like this:

HK_IV_GTX1080_led_900.jpg

We think that it should be possible to install third party RGB LED strips, but we cannot guarantee it. We don't offer RGB LED strips for this card because the card itself has no connection header for RGB lighting.

Dudi4PoLFr

Mar 17, 2017
I can now officially confirm that our HEATKILLER IV or TITAN X (Pascal) is 100% compatible to the new Nvidia GTX 1080Ti. The same is true for the eBC backplate (back in stock this week).

Some Eye candy?

The HEATKILLER® IV for TITAN X and GTX 1080Ti comes with a groove in which the corresponding LED strips (sold separately) can be installed like this:

HK_IV_GTX1080_led_900.jpg

We think that it should be possible to install third party RGB LED strips, but we cannot guarantee it. We don't offer RGB LED strips for this card because the card itself has no connection header for RGB lighting.

Hello,

So I'm waiting for my EVGA 1080Ti FE, and I may take this block (or that new Phanteks Galcier) but I have one (maybe stupid) question: Where you need to plug that 2 pins led strip? It need an external power supply?

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2016
watercool.de
No, the graphics card has a connector. You simply plug it in there and then can control the LEDs through the Nvidia Geforce Experience software suite. This way, you don't have to route any cables out of your card :)

Dudi4PoLFr

Mar 17, 2017
Just to be sure, this one?
977997Capture.png

What is funny, I never could control LEDSs of my 980Ti through Geforce Experience...

Apr 15, 2016
watercool.de
Yep, that's the right connector.

Concerning Geforce Experience: I am no expert on this software, either. And I initially couldn't, either. Then I downloaded their LED Visualizer: http://international.download.nvidia.com/GFE/LEDViz/1.0.0.0/LEDVisualizer_v1.0.0.0.exe This is sort of a plugin to the Geforce Experience, which was past of the Geforce Experience up until one of the last versions and for some weird reason got thrown out of the basic software set.

If this doesn't work for you, please contact Nvidia directly through their support channels.

Dudi4PoLFr

Mar 17, 2017
Ok thanks for this tip, maybe it will work in the last days of this gpu

And what about that connector for led strip. It's that white one?

Apr 15, 2016
watercool.de
Just a heads up:
Dear Customers,
regard this a follow-up on our previous post. Let me first announce that all orders that we received up until today will ship within this week! From today on, we will we back on track, so your order will ship 1-2 days after placing the order.

Again, we are very grateful to all of our great customers for making March 2017 by far the best-selling month in the history of WATERCOOL.

We are looking forward to the hundreds of new #TeamHeatkiller builds that will soon be out there! Show us what you did with all the #Heatkiller glory!

Apr 15, 2016
watercool.de
Hey folks,
Today's post comes to you in two parts.

Part1: 1080Ti.
We received a lot of requests about our 1080Ti / TITAN X water block. The bottom line was that people didn't like the cutout for the DVI port when they mounted the block on a 1080Ti. To further prove that we value our customer's feedback, I am happy that I can present to you our revamped dedicated 1080Ti water blocks!

HK_IV_GTX1080Ti_ACRYL_01.jpg

HK_IV_GTX1080Ti__ACRYL_Ni_01.jpg

HK_IV_GTX1080Ti_ACRYL_Ni_02.jpg

HK_IV_GTX1080Ti_ACRYL_Ni_06.jpg

HK_IV_GTX1080Ti_ACRYL_Ni_07.jpg

We will only offer the versions with the acrylic top. The copper version and the nickel version are already available through our online shop, the nickel-black version with the black front cover will be available in two weeks. We will also offer replacement tops and covers for those people who already bought the older version of the block and want to upgrade it themselves.

Part2: Eastern2017.
To celebrate Eastern and to thank all our customers for the great spring we had this far, we offer a discount code! Please use HAPPYEASTER2017 during checkout to get 10% off in our online shop. The discount code is valid from Friday, April 14th 00:01 until Monday, April 17th 23:59 (german time, CET+1). Happy shopping and happy Eastern!

Apr 15, 2016
watercool.de
Part2: Eastern2017.
To celebrate Eastern and to thank all our customers for the great spring we had this far, we offer a discount code! Please use HAPPYEASTER2017 during checkout to get 10% off in our online shop. The discount code is valid from Friday, April 14th 00:01 until Monday, April 17th 23:59 (german time, CET+1). Happy shopping and happy Eastern!

Hey folks
I'm sorry to say but this discount code just did not work as intended. Somehow, the javascript applet in my coworker's computer decided to misfunction horribly.

Twice.

So, to apologize for your inconvenience, we continue the discount code until April 19th 23:59 CET+1 (Wednesday night german time). If you already ordered from us and the discount code did not work, we will manually reimburse you 10% of your total. Please drop me a message with your order number if this applies to you.

Apr 15, 2016
watercool.de
I have a number of things for you today:

First, I would like to draw your attention to a review. A lot of people asked for a comparative testing of a wide range of GPU water blocks, and Varun from http://thermalbench.com/ answered. His review is fair, balanced, with a well thought out methodology, and although there is no affiliation whatsoever, we keep getting great grades from him. His review of our Heatkiller IV water block is the second in this series, and I'm genuinely looking forward to reading all of them.

Next up, I am happy to present a great new young YouTuber to you. Our friend John started his new business http://liquid.haus last month and has his first client build up on the channel. John is an experienced watercooler, and his hardline tube bends are a piece of art. We feel very privileged to have such a skilled follower!

Third, I want to let you know that the Heatkiller IV for GTX1080Ti Nickel-black is finally available!

HK_IV_GTX1080Ti_Acryl_ni_bl_01.jpg

Sadly, this also concludes our lineup for the Nvidia Pascal generation. We currently don't plan to support any custom layout cards of the 1080Ti, since our resources are already stretched.

Finally, I would like to encourage you to also follow our facebook page. I get more and more user builds sent in, and I try to publish them all through this facebook page. SO, if you like to see some Heatkillers in action, check it out!

Apr 15, 2016
watercool.de
Hey folks,
I'd like to ask you for your two cents on something. As you know we are currently designing a complete new setup of radiators. Our general plan right now is that there will be several radiators. We plan to do a 120mm line and a 140mm line, in three thicknesses (~35mm, 50mm, 60mm), as single, dual and triple rads. We will probably do 4*120 rads, but not in all three thicknesses, and will probably not do any 4*140 rads. This adds up to at least 18 new products that are currently in design phase! All rads will have tubes instead of "flat tubes", based on the principle layout of our successful MO-RA line. The flat ones will have a 6 parallel U shape, the medium and thick ones will have more passthroughs, keeping the coolant in the rad for a longer time, thus cooling it more. Now, one feedback that we got quite often is that people wished for multiple ports. We will definitely have ports on the bottom and on the front, So two inlets and two outlets. But the question we asked ourselves is: are two additional ports o the top actually _neccessary_ for anyone? So, has anyone ever had a real-life in-use PC where he used the inlet on the bottom and the outlet on the top? Because in our experience, and by everything I ever saw on the internet, people usually use inlet and outlet facing to the same side - because the rad is normally mounted to a case wall (front or top, usually), and it's just not possible to use the other-facing port.

So, I'd really appreciate your thoughts about the ports - are 4 ports enough? Or does anyone _use_ more than 4 ports on one radiator? And if you'd like to throw in 2 cents about something else then ports, feel free to - I'm here to listen to you guys! :)

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
keeping the coolant in the rad for a longer time, thus cooling it more

Jacob this is a snake oil myth on keeping coolant longer means it becomes cooler.

The principles of closed loops states that liquid will be is in a process / state of equilibrium.
That means temperature will always try to force itself to be equalized.

This is why when you compare the in and out in radiators, the temperature gradient isnt that great.

The only way liquid could be actually "COOLER" is stated by thermodynamics when you have a flow restriction.
Seeing how round tubes have less restriction then flat tubes, you will not be starved in flow unless u make it like a roller coaster ride.

But thermo states that in 1.5gpm the carrying capacity / releasing capacity of water is 350W. The W goes up as flow increases, and goes down as flow decreases..

The larger / more efficient the radiator, the greater the delta it will be from in and out...
Basic math was 120mm (MCR120) radiator using 1850rpm yates + 1.5gpm would disapate 150W @ STP.

Which means u will have a delta calcuated at .5 degrees from in and out again @ STP... increasing temperature also increases efficiency in most rads.

~this was a number martin (martin's liquid lab) and i calculated when doing my TEC blocks~
(incase u forgot, i went by the name Naekuh over at XS)

Anyhow as for port options...
I guess to help you out i would need to see some flow charts on radiator.

The Standard 2 + 2 top of rads would be nice.
I would also think a extra at the bottom would equally good if the flow charts showed there would be no dead spot in the radiator from flow restrictions sort of like how the old HWLAB's X series radiators were.

example..
HWLN280GTS-X-Flow-42.jpg

This way if you have it mounted, you could use the radiator itself to spam across the case, instead of having to use tubing / hardline.

MiRai

Dec 3, 2010
Jakob, to give you some feedback on radiators... Right now, I only look at Alphacool radiators because they have multi-port, offer crossflow models, have several choices of thickness (30/45/60mm+), and their two-pass (standard) radiators have a drain-port on the opposite end of the tank. I would prefer it if their radiators had an additional port on the bottom (top & bottom for crossflow) of the tank itself, but, for now, they're really the only manufacturer I look at when it comes to radiators. If Watercool can match something similar to their product line, I might just have to swap over since I use your waterblocks.

Speaking of Watercool waterblocks... Are you going to be offering an EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 block and backplate? If so, do you have an ETA on those? I see you offer the GTX 1080 FTW/FTW2, and I might be looking at the FTW3 cards in the near future. Right now, EVGA offers a hydro-copper version (blah), and EK offers their standard stuff for the FTW3, but I'd like to stick with Watercool since I'm using you now and I'm a fan of the current design/performance. :)

Apr 15, 2016
watercool.de
Jacob this is a snake oil myth on keeping coolant longer means it becomes cooler.
I'm sorry, obviously, I formulated this badly. Let me start with a pic from the desk of Rico, founder, CEO and chief designer of WATERCOOL:

efe17a1f_IMG_5544.jpeg

As you can see, he is currently designing the new rads, and has quite some samples lying on his desk.
I am comparing our tube-style radiators against the more common "flat-tube" radiators. The volume of a flat tube radiator of a given size (say, a 360 rad) will alway be way lower that that of a tube-style rad of the same 360 size. Additionally, we have WAY more passes. We are still evaluating our numbers, but the medium thickness (~45-50mm) will have three or four parallel tubes that will make six or eight passes, and the thick size (~60-65mm) will have four or six parallel tubes making six or eight passes. Your statement about the liquid "trying" to reach equilibrium is obviously right, but that was not my point. What I basically meant was: the fluid will stay longer in a 360rad of ours compared to a 360 rad of any other manufacturer, hence experiencing more temp drop. To get a better idea of our radiator core design, feel free to check this very good review on extremerigs. I hope I made my initial idea clearer :)

Speaking of Watercool waterblocks... Are you going to be offering an EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 block and backplate? If so, do you have an ETA on those? I see you offer the GTX 1080 FTW/FTW2, and I might be looking at the FTW3 cards in the near future. Right now, EVGA offers a hydro-copper version (blah), and EK offers their standard stuff for the FTW3, but I'd like to stick with Watercool since I'm using you now and I'm a fan of the current design/performance. :)
Unfortunately, we will not support any custom PCB layouts for the 1080TIs. Our resources are already consumed by a couple of other tasks. We will try to support one or two custom layouts for the next generation of cards, again.

Now, other than that, there are currently two great builds going on that I wanted to bring to your attention: Brian from BPSCustoms does great YouTube Videos and is definitely worth a follow. We sponsored his newest build, as we did with Derek from nxtgenpcs. Both their build progresses are quite entertaining to watch, so give them a try! And last but not least, Adam from ADmodz did an astonishing build for his little daughter that turned out really beautiful and cute.

Apr 15, 2016
watercool.de
Guys,we are asking for your feedback and oinion once more: we want to support a few X299 motherboards with VRM water blocks, and ask for your opinions which boards will be the most popular and important to the community. Please vote in our poll and help us develop the RIGHT product for you, our cherished customers :)

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Do only the highest tier and whatever is compatiable.

A vote / opinion is sort of moot because mostly if one cant afford to get a high tier board, one wont be spending money to watercool it outside AIO.

That being said...
Gigabyte Auros Gaming 7, 9 abd UD4 should i think be the same board layout.

Asus ROG's and prime Deluxe.... dont bother with TUF and the regular deluxe.

ASRock Taichi.

Whatever MSI is priced near the ones listed above which has the most universal layout.

Again... jakob note that people who cant afford boards at that price range will not invest in a full custom watercooling setup.
They rather do AIO. So its not really worth your time / resources to try to cater that small niche.