Water main break in front yard....

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
It is 100% their responsibility. They performed shoddy construction work in your yard. It was in conjunction with their side sewer upgrade.
I do this work for a living, and they do not want to push it with you. It would look real bad in court.
"have you done any digging or driving heavy equipment through your yard?"
"no"
"Has anyone else?"
"The city crew"
I do that work for a living, and the proximity of that break in relation to that excavation is quite damning IMO.

EDIT:
That is not the main at all. That is your 'water service', and is normally your responsibility. They did the deed though.

jonnyGURU

Moderator <BR> Power Supplies
Oct 30, 1999
Originally posted by: skyking
It is 100% their responsibility. They performed shoddy construction work in your yard. It was in conjunction with their side sewer upgrade.
I do this work for a living, and they do not want to push it with you. It would look real bad in court.
"have you done any digging or driving heavy equipment through your yard?"
"no"
"Has anyone else?"
"The city crew"
I do that work for a living, and the proximity of that break in relation to that excavation is quite damning IMO.

EDIT:
That is not the main at all. That is your 'water service', and is normally your responsibility. They did the deed though.

Yeah? Thanks. I thought so too. I mean, the new sewer access is RIGHT THERE not 12" from the break. That's pretty cut and dry.

jonnyGURU

Moderator <BR> Power Supplies
Oct 30, 1999
Oh.. I forgot to clarify. It's hard to see the new sewer access, but the plumber's can of PVC cement is sitting on top of it. THAT is how close the break was.