Was Romney Right?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
At best it's coulda-shoulda-woulda, but the article makes some good points.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/was-mitt-romney-right-about-everything

What good points do you think it made?

That the ACA was going to be difficult to implement? No shit. Nobody ever claimed it would be easy. Fail.

What was he 'right' about in terms of the economy? The article doesn't say.

The idea that Russia is our #1 geopolitical enemy remains ridiculous.

The article dishonestly attempts to conflate Romney's op-ed to let Detroit (auto industry) go bankrupt with the city's bankruptcy. They are two entirely different things.

This is simply trolling click bait that quotes Jennifer Rubin of all people as one of its main sources. I challenge anyone to go back and read her articles about Mitt Romney and come back and claim that she is anything other than either a complete hack or one of the stupidest people alive.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Really difficult for me to care since Mitt wouldnt have change much of anything. I dont even believe for a second he would do anything to ACA except push it like Obama.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
It's pretty much guaranteed Romney was right at least part of the time. He took every single possible position on every single possible thing he could. So he had to be right about some things some of the time, but then he was wrong at least that same amount of time because he also took the opposite position!

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Like O-Blammer did not flip flop one every position he ever ran on, other then closing down as many coal plants and trying to bankrupt the American Energy Industry.

Romney was 100% right that our tax system is corrupt as hell. Romney was right that Obammacare would cost too much money. Romney was right that those that live off of government handouts would vote for more government handouts.

Who cares about the other minor points? Evil won in the end. So the point is moot!

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Somebody get a broom and put on an Obama mask, I think we dun herded us some progressives!

Apr 27, 2012
romney wasn't right since he wanted bigger government like obama. But he was a better man than obama will ever be.

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
Like O-Blammer did not flip flop one every position he ever ran on, other then closing down as many coal plants and trying to bankrupt the American Energy Industry.

Romney was 100% right that our tax system is corrupt as hell. Romney was right that Obammacare would cost too much money. Romney was right that those that live off of government handouts would vote for more government handouts.

Who cares about the other minor points? Evil won in the end. So the point is moot!

romney was a mormon

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Beyond wedge social issues, nothing would have been any different had Romney won the Presidency. Like Obama, he would have been a useful tool for the Powers That Be who actually make the decisions, and he would have toed the line.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Obama said that he's going to end the raids on States' rights to allow medical marijuana, but then his DoJ wants to continue the raids [link]

Why would he do a complete 180? He never admits he's wrong.
Really difficult for me to care since Mitt wouldnt have change much of anything. I dont even believe for a second he would do anything to ACA except push it like Obama.
+1.:)

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Romney was right in calling out Obamacare as being a disaster. I don't want the man that innovates such an awful idea as president.

Lash444

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2002
Thats the first time I have seen Politifact.

I'm going to guess that conservatives think thats a far left leaning website, no?

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Sorry.
This forum doesn't allow threads started by Mitt Romney or any member of his family.
Which this has to have been started by.
Nice try Mitt. But give it up.

Angry Irishman

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2010
I don't know if he was right or wrong but just look at the state of where this country is at right now. If anything I think he would be a better leader and would be able to facilitate some change in Congress. His business background would support that.

Nope, didn't vote for him or the current POTUS.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I don't know if he was right or wrong but just look at the state of where this country is at right now. If anything I think he would be a better leader and would be able to facilitate some change in Congress. His business background would support that.

Nope, didn't vote for him or the current POTUS.

Lol! You think a republican president could get some change from a republican congress? Why that's just crazy talk! We all know republicans would be obstructionist no matter what! Mitch McConnell would have probably declared their #1 goal was to make mitt a one time president too!

Clearly the issue is the president!

/s

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
Well, in the current situation congress seems to be saving the day from an executive gone mad with hubris.

Tea Party and Progressives working together. Let that sink in for a second.

Angry Irishman

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2010
Lol! You think a republican president could get some change from a republican congress? Why that's just crazy talk! We all know republicans would be obstructionist no matter what! Mitch McConnell would have probably declared their #1 goal was to make mitt a one time president too!

Clearly the issue is the president!

/s

Fucks sakes....how many damn times do I have to tell you I don't care about the party bullshit. A clear lack of leadership is the problem as well as the obvious situation with the stalemate on the Hill. Yes, I think the right person, be that person Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, could effect positive change and compromise through sound leadership. That person isn't currently residing in the White House and he's making that abundantly clear once again with his poor dealings with the Syria situation which he brought on this country. He's not an effective leader, consistently practices poor judgement and deflects his failures and responsibilities like nobody's business...it's just that simple.

Last edited: