Wait, so if drugs are legalized...

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
I don't see prescriptions for recreational drugs working. They use prescriptions now for "dangerous drugs" that someone needs for a medical condition, you don't need a prescription for alcohol, why would you need one for cocaine?
Prescriptions for recreational drugs is the current system. Painkillers and ADHD medication are widely abused. I heard a while back that Ritalin was more widely abused than cocaine, but I'm not sure if that's true. Dexedrine and Adderall are very popular on the street too. Try one and you'll know why :D

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
It is mostly based on taxes. It is legal to make wine or beer in the home but if you distill alcohol , even 1 gallon, you go to jail for tax evasion.

I would like to see pot legalized for one reason, hemp. Hemp is a wonderful plant with hundreds of uses in manufacturing and was widely grown here in colonial days for rope, paper, cattle feed, etc. It isn't grown now because it takes too many resources to separate the hemp plants from the pot plants and so licensing for growing hemp is extremely difficult and so nobody grows it. Instead we import it from other countries. Hemp can be used for bio-fuels, textiles, and more and grows faster and uses less nutrients from the soil.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Prescriptions for recreational drugs is the current system. Painkillers and ADHD medication are widely abused. I heard a while back that Ritalin was more widely abused than cocaine, but I'm not sure if that's true. Dexedrine and Adderall are very popular on the street too. Try one and you'll know why :D

Except that the drugs aren't supposed to be recreational :p