Wailin' About Willie!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 9, 2009
Toby Keith: popular conservative coward with the lyrical skills of a 2nd grader and the life experience of a polygamist's 4th wife. Keith will never be the man, nor the American Icon that Willie is. He'll be forgotten long before he's dead.

Beer for My Horses - Toby Keith with Willie Nelson
"
Lyrics
Well a man come on the 6 o'clock news
Said somebody's been shot, somebody's been abused
Somebody blew up a building, somebody stole a car
Somebody got away, somebody didn't get too far yeah
They didn't get too far
Grandpappy told my pappy, back in my day, son
A man had to answer for the wicked that he done
Take all the rope in Texas find a tall oak tree,
Round up all them bad boys hang them high in the street
For all the people to see
That justice is the one thing you should always find
You got to saddle up your boys, you got to draw a hard line
When the gun smoke settles we'll sing a victory tune
And we'll all meet back at the local saloon
We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing
Whiskey for my men, beer for my horses
We got too many gangsters doing dirty deeds
Too much corruption, and crime in the streets
It's time the long arm of the law put a few more in the ground
Send 'em all to their maker and he'll settle 'em down
You can bet he'll set 'em down
'Cause justice is the one thing you should always find
We'll all meet back at the local saloon
And we'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing
You know justice is the one thing you should always find
And we'll all meet back at the local saloon
And we'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing
Singing whiskey for my men, beer for my horses"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1JOFhfoAD4

Jul 9, 2009
I'll take that bet, if Cruz wins its close by 5 points

If I win you have to like every post you see of mine. forever.

If You win I will like every post I see of yours. forever.
Nah, but i will like at least 10 of yours. Forever is a long, long time.

edited to include Quinnipiac polling story
https://www.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article218563900.html

"Republican U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz has a nine-point lead in his bid for reelection, according to a new poll released Tuesday.

With seven weeks until Election Day, Cruz has a 54 percent to 45 percent lead over Democratic challenger U.S. Rep. Beto O’Rourke of El Paso among likely voters, according to a new Quinnipiac University poll released Tuesday."

Last edited:

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Nah, but i will like at least 10 of yours. Forever is a long, long time.

edited to include Quinnipiac polling story
https://www.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article218563900.html

"Republican U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz has a nine-point lead in his bid for reelection, according to a new poll released Tuesday.

With seven weeks until Election Day, Cruz has a 54 percent to 45 percent lead over Democratic challenger U.S. Rep. Beto O’Rourke of El Paso among likely voters, according to a new Quinnipiac University poll released Tuesday."
Nice cherry picking of polls there. Real Clear average is 4.5%.

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
I'll never smoke weed with Willie again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OJWw07oPAE

Weed With Willie

"I always heard that his herb was top shelf
Lord I just could not wait to find out for myself.
Well don't knock it till you've tried it.
And I've tried it my friend.
I'll never smoke Weed with willie again!

Now we learned a hard lesson in a small Texas town
He fired up a fat boy and he passed it around
The last words I spoke before they tucked me in
I may discount Bungee jump but,
I'll never smoke weed with Willie again.

[Chorus:]
I'll never smoke weed with Willie again
My party's all over before it begins
You can pour me some Old Whiskey River my friend.
But I'll never smoke weed with Willie again

We hopped on his old bus the Honeysuckel Rose
The party was Huntsville, it was after the show
Alone in the front lounge, just me and him
I took one friendly puff and the grim creeper set in

[Chorus]

Now we're passin' the guitar, we're tellin' good jokes
I can tell one's a comin' 'cause I'm smellin' smoke
No I do not partake I just let it pass by
With a grin on my face and a great contact high

[Chorus]

In the fetal position with drool on my chin
We broke down and smoked weed with Willie again

by Toby Keith

Toby Keith: popular conservative coward with the lyrical skills of a 2nd grader and the life experience of a polygamist's 4th wife. Keith will never be the man, nor the American Icon that Willie is. He'll be forgotten long before he's dead.

Maybe I'm missing something but this song has nothing to do with politics and everything about one guy getting his a$$ kicked by Willie's Weed, swearing off of it, and breaking down and toking again.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Can you name me some Willie Nelson songs that are anti-fascist? I do a 3 hour music radio show once a week on college radio and yesterday a guy calls me and wants to hear that. He said he had faith in me to pick something great but while I've heard Willie Nelson, don't know much about him other than he's extremely popular and country.

Please name me some anti-fascist songs by him, I'll try to play something on my next weekly show.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Can you name me some Willie Nelson songs that are anti-fascist? I do a 3 hour music radio show once a week on college radio and yesterday a guy calls me and wants to hear that. He said he had faith in me to pick something great but while I've heard Willie Nelson, don't know much about him other than he's extremely popular and country.

Please name me some anti-fascist songs by him, I'll try to play something on my next weekly show.
Here's the songs he's written: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_written_by_Willie_Nelson
Maybe a google search will help.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Maybe I'm missing something but this song has nothing to do with politics and everything about one guy getting his a$$ kicked by Willie's Weed, swearing off of it, and breaking down and toking again.

It kind of goes against the grain of the reefer madness crowd on the right, the social authoritarians like Sessions. For the most part, yes, just a song about true Hindhu death cabbage turned homage to Willie.

I saw Keith interviewed on TV years ago, about him and Willie smoking on the bus. Interviewer sounded slightly disapproving or mocking, insinuating she thought he might have rumors going around and here was his chance to set it all straight? With zero hesitation his response was something like "Yes I smoked weed with Willie on that bus. A lot of weed. Willie's weed. Weed hydroponically grown in tequila."

I remember everyone in the room giggling when he said that.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
It kind of goes against the grain of the reefer madness crowd on the right, the social authoritarians like Sessions. For the most part, yes, just a song about true Hindhu death cabbage turned homage to Willie.

I saw Keith interviewed on TV years ago, about him and Willie smoking on the bus. Interviewer sounded slightly disapproving or mocking, insinuating she thought he might have rumors going around and here was his chance to set it all straight? With zero hesitation his response was something like "Yes I smoked weed with Willie on that bus. A lot of weed. Willie's weed. Weed hydroponically grown in tequila."

I remember everyone in the room giggling when he said that.
Just being on Willie's tour bus will get you high...yes I've been on Willie's bus.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

You could be right. Apologies for my natural response to Toby Keith + Taj-mahal being "some idiotic shit that no one should pay attention to." :D

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Saw Willie play a few years ago, with Alison Kraus opening for him. Best show I've ever seen (despite the fact that it was almost 100).

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Maybe Cruz will appear with Ted Nugent as a counter. Or Kid Rock, lovable character that he is. I'm personally looking forward to the dance, to the pas de deux-

215687_600.jpg

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Damn holy shnit if this contiunes.. But don't become complacent you must get out and vote!

42174121_345221476024003_1704949111381295104_n.jpg

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Aw man this is getting good. GOP stands a good to chance to lose both Florida and Texas, the republican shitstorm of butthurt is going to be epic if that happens. Dems are slightly ahead in both!

I am loving this repudiation of President Porcini. If it happens in strongholds like Florida and Texas republicans are reaping exactly what Flake warned them about. Mitch looking like a turtle stuck on a road in the headlights of an oncoming truck the other night was just delicious.

Beto you rock star, don't let up!

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Aw man this is getting good. GOP stands a good to chance to lose both Florida and Texas, the republican shitstorm of butthurt is going to be epic if that happens. Dems are slightly ahead in both!

I am loving this repudiation of President Porcini. If it happens in strongholds like Florida and Texas republicans are reaping exactly what Flake warned them about. Mitch looking like a turtle stuck on a road in the headlights of an oncoming truck the other night was just delicious.

Beto you rock star, don't let up!

I think the GOP is in for some surprises-

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/19/politics/the-gops-older-voter-problem/index.html

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
The first debate between Cruz and Beto is tonight 6pm local and unless you live in the area you'll probably have to stream it below if you want to watch it. It's possible if its a slow news evening (ha) MSNBC or CNN will air it will giving the importance politically of the race imo.

Stream ---> https://www.nbcdfw.com/

Jul 9, 2009
The first debate between Cruz and Beto is tonight 6pm local and unless you live in the area you'll probably have to stream it below if you want to watch it. It's possible if its a slow news evening (ha) MSNBC or CNN will air it will giving the importance politically of the race imo.

Stream ---> https://www.nbcdfw.com/
Thanks! It should be worth a watch, at least a few minutes.